The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

The Expo's - Sure miss em

RocketPower

Guest RocketPower

Wish I had been there to support the TEAM-living out west does'nt help --even sent Bud Selig a email on Saving the EXPOS's--he said were trying.

Guest Greek Hab

I remember going to a game when the Indians were in town, in their last season. The wave was always constant in that last season. Great atmosphere!

Sometimes I see people in the streets of Montréal with Expos hats on...puts a smile on my face when I see stuff like that. Now that I'm in Ontario, I'm trying to get into the Blue Jays, but it isn't the same...I can't relate myself to Toronto teams or any other sports team. I don't have that enspiring or crushing feeling in my heart when a team doesn't play for Montréal.

Guest Keith
I remember going to a game when the Indians were in town, in their last season. The wave was always constant in that last season. Great atmosphere!  

Sometimes I see people in the streets of Montréal with Expos hats on...puts a smile on my face when I see stuff like that. Now that I'm in Ontario, I'm trying to get into the Blue Jays, but it isn't the same...I can't relate myself to Toronto teams or any other sports team. I don't have that enspiring or crushing feeling in my heart when a team doesn't play for Montréal.

Something magical about Quebec I bet. I've got to go there for a while somehow!

Guest RocketPower

Ya-the EXPOS gave me a great feeling-the sounds- music -etc..

I remember going to the Olympic Stadium with 50,000 other fans. It was electric... Too bad we got screwed too many times by the league and the owners of our team. That's what ultimately killed the Expos for good. That and the English Canadian TV stations who prefered broadcasting the Blue Jays...

Guest Blockoman

If the strike of 1994 had not happened, the Expos would surely still be here. Imagine Montreal winning that World Series in 1994. We had such a good team... but then it slowly faded away...

Guest Iceman1509
If the strike of 1994 had not happened, the Expos would surely still be here. Imagine Montreal winning that World Series in 1994. We had such a good team... but then it slowly faded away...

Not much of a conspiracy theorist but I think that the strike could have been prevented but it wasn't because the Expos were on their way to winning the series. TO in 92 and 93 then Montreal in 94 would have been too much for the "American Pasttime". Look at all the players to come out of Montreal too, LArry Walker, Randy Johnson, John Wettland, Moises Alou - for a time there, because we were poor, we were the leagues farm team.

Guest stevesaku

a city like montreal needs an mlb team.

too bad we couldnt keep ours...

too much of a hockey city. which is fine by me but...the expos are surely missed.

Guest RocketPower

For everyone -Does any Baseball Team ie. Local-Beer league etc. in your area use the Expos name . Who owns the rights to the name now--interesting.

Guest kidkoivu

Miss the expos... such a colourful team in the MLB. All they really needed was a decent owner (some rich millionaire should have stepped up... Gillette?) built a real ball park in the middle of the city somewhere. Expos still would have been here. The big O was terrible, the team was terrible, the fans would have at least came out to the ball park if it was nice on a nice day. It could have worked. Too bad the score tv wasn't around throughout all of the expos years. I still want Montreal to have another Big four team, not just hockey.

Guest Bud2790

I miss going to games for like 10$...I used to go to about 20-30 games a year and it cost the same thing as going to 2 habs games in the red section...I'm now following the Jays, I love baseball so much i had to find another team and the Jays are that team.. I've only seen 1 live baseball game since the Expos left...It was fun in Toronto but it never will be like the Big O!!

Guest leafsreallysuck

I have fond memories of being at the games against the Braves right before the lock out. :shock: I stopped watching or following baseball altogether since they moved.

Guest RocketPower
I have fond memories of being at the games against the Braves right before the lock out. :shock:  I stopped watching or following baseball altogether since they moved.

When you get Bad owners like Loria -it does leave a bad taste in your mouth. I still try to catch a game but its not the same without the EXPOS.

Guest Habsters
I remember going to the Olympic Stadium with 50,000 other fans. It was electric... Too bad we got screwed too many times by the league and the owners of our team. That's what ultimately killed the Expos for good. That and the English Canadian TV stations who prefered broadcasting the Blue Jays...

I used to go and see them play with 40 000 plus double headers at the big "O" in those days they had Rogers, Cromartie, Dawson, Carter, Parish...Elis Valantine. They were fun to watch I also have vague memories of Jarry park, of walking up from the parking lot and seeing people sitting in the top bleachers. According to my dad there was no bad seat there and you really felt close to the action because you so close to the field.

Guest RocketPower
I used to go and see them play with 40 000 plus double headers at the big "O" in those days they had Rogers, Cromartie, Dawson, Carter, Parish...Elis Valantine. They were fun to watch I also have vague memories of Jarry park, of walking up from the parking lot and seeing people sitting in the top bleachers. According to my dad there was no bad seat there and you really felt close to the action because you so close to the field.

Cool--sounds like great memories.

Guest Habsters
Cool--sounds like great memories.

They are... Jarry Park was where I found out I needed glasses!:oops:

We were sitting in the right field bleachers and my dad wanted me to notice a player for the other team so he asked me what number he was wearing, when I could not make out the number he kept asking me can you see this and what's that over there... needless to say that was one game I did not enjoy :cry: been wearing glasses ever since.

Archived