The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

Max Pacioretty

jl-1

Guest Hoser

Pax seems a lot like Higgins when he was drafted; mostly known as a two-way player but his offensive potential may exceed projections. I like the sound of his shot and his size.

Guest A Semin
Pax seems a lot like Higgins when he was drafted; mostly known as a two-way player but his offensive potential may exceed projections. I like the sound of his shot and his size.

He is way bigger than Higgins thought.

The only thing that concerns me is that they said he modelled himself after Jed Ortmeyer, but it makes me feel better knowing that he's now using Keith Tkachuk as a comparison

Guest spankydriscoll
In 5 years. hahaha

oh, because we were going to find someone at #22 that was going to jump in and play next year?? riiiight ;)<_<

Guest P.Royfan
In 5 years. hahaha

I wish people would look for facts instead of making things up. Both Max and Ryan plan on going to school in the fall then both said it was up to Montreal.

"I'll listen to what the people in the Montreal organization tell me," he said. "If they think I'm ready to leave early next year then I'll think just like them."

Max Pacioretty

"I'm going to have to think about my situation after my year at Wisconsin is completed in terms of whether or not I'll make the jump into the Montreal franchise."

Ryan McDonagh

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...622_225818_5676

I'm not saying that they'll be with Montreal after next year I'm just saying it isn't going to be 5 years.

Yea welcome Bonk.. I mean.. Max?

Not fair. More like John LeClair in his prime. This kid is a winner. You wait and see. We needed size up front and we got it.

Trevor Timmins said going into the draft that the Habs were looking to hit a homerun and they have. The one thing I noticed in the NHL.com article is that everytime his coaches asked him to step up his game, he did and we need a kid who does that.

Welcome to Montreal Max...I guess we should change the Habs goal song to the Star Spangled Banner...The Hendrix version of course ;)

Guest hogtownhabsfan

The Canadians are going to be the most American franchise in hockey.

Regardless, I like both players we picked, though I was really hoping we were going to target a Centerman.

Regardless, I like both players we picked, though I was really hoping we were going to target a Centerman.

You know what we may very well be one of the most Americanized franchises in the league but that's OK. I don't care about where they're from so much as what they can do for this club. Pacioretty is going to put up respectable numbers and is going to be a key player in order for the Habs to win. I said before that Montreal is drafting like a winner and their 2 1st rounders prove that.

Guest Habsfan_11

I see this guy as beeing more of a 3rd line player, maybe 2nd line...

What intruiges me about him is that he stated that he wants to bring more to the game than just offence. That shows me that he's already quite mature. He seems like a Bob-style player to me.

Welcome to the Habs Max!

Guest jennifer_rocket

I'm liking both players we picked too. if Gainey's high on McDonough, then so am I. As for this Pacioretty kid, if he's comparable to Mike Fisher, that's great too.

Also, I'm very pleased with our current American roster players, so bring on more!

I see this guy as beeing more of a 3rd line player, maybe 2nd line...

What intruiges me about him is that he stated that he wants to bring more to the game than just offence. That shows me that he's already quite mature. He seems like a Bob-style player to me.

Welcome to the Habs Max!

I was looking at some footage on him and noticed he was wearing #23...BG's old number. You think maybe the boss sees a little of himself in Max? ;)

Guest Pats Player

This is a really small world. Believe it or not Max's final season at Taft was last year, and I completed my first this year. Had he decided to complete his studies, he would have been a senior on our team, I was a sophmore. He played and I play under Dan Murphy and I had the opportunity to briefly speak with him when he came back on graduation day to watch his class step up to the podium and be handed their diplomas. He seems like a great kid and from what some of my teammates explained, he always showed up in the BIG games. I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses in the near future. I think this was a great pick for the team and I can assure you, this guy will prosper.

Guest habFAN
This is a really small world. Believe it or not Max's final season at Taft was last year, and I completed my first this year. Had he decided to complete his studies, he would have been a senior on our team, I was a sophmore. He played and I play under Dan Murphy and I had the opportunity to briefly speak with him when he came back on graduation day to watch his class step up to the podium and be handed their diplomas. He seems like a great kid and from what some of my teammates explained, he always showed up in the BIG games. I'm looking forward to seeing how he progresses in the near future. I think this was a great pick for the team and I can assure you, this guy will prosper.

i hope your right man

a big winger that can produce is just what the habs need, especially in big game situations

Archived