The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

P.k. Subban

nipper_mtl

Guest P.Royfan

Congratulations Subban! Welcome to the Montreal Canadiens!

3rd pick, 43rd overall (2nd round)

Born: May 13, 1989 - Toronto, ON

Ht: 5'11" Wt: 200

Shoots: Right

2006-07 | Belleville (OHL) Defence

GP G A PTS PIM

68 15 41 56 89

Hell ya Subban is a hab!! im from belleville and have been cheering for him all this season. hes a amazing guy. ive been greatful enough to meet him. hes gonna beat great for the habs and he has one hell of a shot!!! TRUST ME ive watched him play over and over again

from habsinsideout

Subban provided the best laughs in the post-draft press scrums.

When asked what his initials stood for, he replied:”Penalty-killer.”

Subban is a 5-foot-10, 200-pounder who oozes confidence. He grew up as a Canadiens fan in Toronto, following in the footsteps of his father who immigrated from Jamaica as a youngster.

“We have Canadiens stuff all over our house,” said Subban. “One of my father’s biggest thrills was meeting Jean Béliveau. He was almost in tears.”

Guest d80jcrant

Confident kid -- The most confident kid taken in the entire draft was Montreal's P.K. Subban, a defenseman out of Belleville, who says his dad is "the biggest Habs fan in the world." Subban spoke to the media for over a half hour Saturday in one of the most entertaining scrums of the weekend.

"To be honest with you, I go back to my OHL days and I was a sixth-round draft pick into the OHL," Subban said. "I was the third pick of the sixth round for my team in the OHL. I was a really late draft pick for the OHL, and to be honest with you, I'm not surprised at all I was a second-round pick. I'm a confident young man, I know my capabilities and what I'm going to bring to this club, which is a Stanley Cup."

How long until you think you'll be ready to join the varsity?

"To be honest with you, I think I'm ready right now," he said. "I think I can step in and make the team in September. I'm going to come to training camp in the best shape possible, and we'll see what happens."

Subban said he has a huge Montreal flag above his bed and it's the last thing he looks at before retiring for the night. Saturday was the biggest day of his life, his dad's life, and the kid couldn't be happier on his way to one of the storied franchises in sports.

"I want to cry right now," he said, "but I can't because I'm on TV."

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=323011

Guest Hoser

Subban reminds me a bit of Kris Letang. A later pick, small, but fast and with great offensive upside that overshadows his below-average defensive play. Hopefully he can continue to develop next year; his leap from his rookie year to his previous one was fantastic, hope he can duplicate it!

Guest jennifer_rocket

This guy sounds great. I hope he can make the jump to the NHL in the coming seasons. Heck, if he does what he says he will and makes it in 2007-2008 that would be incredible too. I love getting players who love Montreal and desperately want to play here.

Guest WantMoreCups

oh his a lil cocky i saw him play in sudbury but man can he ever skate and he gots some moves too.... i seen him pull off a nice spinner-ronnie like nothing to get a round a player

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
hes gonna be the next markov but not russain.

hockey wise possibly, but personnality wise he's the polar opposite of Markov from what I've read and heard about PK. He seems to be a very confident young man with tons of skill, where IMO Markov is more reserved and quiet. (Probably has something to do with the language barrier however)

I'm very excited about this kid and his story about being a habs fan in Toronto is very interesting aswell.

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
Anyone know what does P.K stand for? I've been looking for it but can't find it :lol:

aparently it stands for Pernell-Karl Subban...

Guest WantMoreCups

Yeah i think we might like this guy, he already wants to make the line up and said his gonna show up in the best shape of his life and wants to help bring a cup back to montreal ;):D

Guest lfrommtl

I WANT THIS GUY ON THE TEAM.

he's funny.

outspoken.

not sure about his hockey skills but he looks like a worker, hopefully it works out for him.

Guest Oatmeal777

I like this guy too, he's a long-time Montreal fan and looks like one of those fanatic hard workers that makes up for any talent he doesn't have with hard work.

I WANT THIS GUY ON THE TEAM.

he's funny.

outspoken.

not sure about his hockey skills but he looks like a worker, hopefully it works out for him.

Unfortunately funny and outspoken won't cut it at training camp. But yup, he has a good attitude.

Guest habsfan#08

But that attitude might cause him to outshine a couple people. With his style of play he might be able to crack the lineup as a fourth liner.

Archived