The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Olivier Fortier

• 1 year later...
I didn't hear any good things about him from the people who were at the developement camp.

So I guess it's back to the Q if he's still eligible?

Timmins seemed to be fond of him based on some comments posted earlier in the thread, but those may have been from last year. He compared him to Lapierre. Perhaps he still needs some major developing before being ready for Hamilton.

He's got another year of Junior eligibility left. It will be his fifth season. Beauregard played in the Q as a 20 year old, also during his fifth season.

He'll be considered "overage" and I believe there is a limit to the number of such players per roster. Anyone know how many overage players are allowed per team?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two more helpers for Fortier last night in a 9-2 drubbing of Lewiston, giving him six points in his last three games, and 22 points overall in 21 games so far this season.

It appears he's showing no ill effects from his earlier injury, and looks like he's rounding into form just in time for the post season run.

Olly Ole Olly Ole!

Did anyone see him at developement camp or training camp? He won the Carbonneau trophy so he must be smart defensively. What is his skill set like?

I didnt see him this year, from what I remember last year he was indeed a smart player, great on faceoff (he was the go to guy) that was playing on a bad team, sadly for him he wasnt on a team with great players last year so he didnt light it up, Rimouski was known for its injured players, it was the same this year but they sold the house to get marquee players at the trade deadline as they want to make a push for the memorial cup which they are hosting this year, they will be a team to watch, they have been a powerhouse in the last month

Archived