SHOOTS: RIGHT

BORN: 30 APR 1988 (AGE 23)

BIRTHPLACE: GRAND RAPIDS, MN, UNITED STATES

DRAFTED: MTL / 2007 NHL ENTRY DRAFT

ROUND: 5TH (133RD OVERALL)

========

Habs sign Joe Stejskal to a two-year contract

Tuesday, 22.03.2011 / 12:05 PM

MONTREAL – Montreal Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier announced Tuesday the signing of defenseman Joe Stejskal to a two-year contract (2011-12 to 2012-13). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Stejskal will report to the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs.

Stejskal has registered five points (3 goals and 2 assists) and served 37 penalty minutes in 33 games this season with the NCAA’s Dartmouth College Big Green.

The 6’3’’, 211 lbs defenseman, hailing from Grand Rapids, Minnesota, is in his fourth season with Dartmouth College. From 2007 to 2010, Stejskal totaled 27 points (11 goals, 16 assists) with 125 penalty minutes in 93 games.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=556836

Guest Hoser
ur joking right?? thats amazing!~!!!! WOOT WOOT!

Ya, I was joking... he just turned 19. Whatever, he's just that much closer to becoming a Hab. Plus he hits really hard; with guys like Subban and Stejskal we won't miss Souray's slapper for long!

Guest Hoser

Ya, I was joking... he just turned 19. Whatever, he's just that much closer to becoming a Hab. Plus he hits really hard; with guys like Subban and Stejskal we won't miss Souray's slapper for long!

Guest Hoser

Ya, I was joking... he's not actually 18, he just turned 19. Whatever, he's just that much closer to becoming a Hab. Plus he hits really hard; with guys like Subban and Stejskal we won't miss Souray's slapper for long!

• 9 months later...
Guest devils_fury2

8474036.jpg

Position: D

Shoots: Right

Height: 6-2

Weight: 190 lbs

Birthdate: 1988-04-30

Eligible for Draft: 2007

Drafted: 2007

Hometown: Grand Rapids, Minnesota

Acquired: Drafted in 2007

Playing In: NCAA

http://www.habprospects.com/modules.php?na...icle&sid=86

From the article here it sounds like Joe Stejskal, who finished his first NCAA season this past year with Dartmouth (the same team JT Wyman played for) has looked like thus far quite an excellent pick in last years draft....it says in the article that he does not possess the biggest frame but he displayed a great amount of physical play, also it says that he hit every player in site with crushing body checks (sounds to me we may have another Francis Bouillon on our hands)....keep it up

• 6 months later...

Joltin' Joe Stejskal has started his sophmore season with a bang, scoring four goals in his first four games with Dartmouth.

Not bad for a guy who managed only one goal and four points in 32 games last year.

Known more for his physical play than his offensive production, Joltin' Joe is starting to look like he may be another mid-round steal for the Habs.

Go Joe!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
And why has Stejskal resurfaced all of a sudden?

I don't think there is a reason besides S.bah just stating his opinion. I notice that S.bah does this alot with our prospects, digs them out from the bottom ofthe list and just says when he thinks of them. Unless he did do something to deserve this recent attention in which case I would like to know what it was lol

I don't think there is a reason besides S.bah just stating his opinion. I notice that S.bah does this alot with our prospects, digs them out from the bottom ofthe list and just says when he thinks of them. Unless he did do something to deserve this recent attention in which case I would like to know what it was lol

I don't think he's bottom of the list material exactly ....top 100 rating ...

I meant bottom of the list of players on the forum. The last post before yesterday was from 2008 therefore he would have been at the bottom. Anyways this is actually the first I havE heard of him and if he is indeed a good physical defenceman with a hard shot then I think he could succeed. Hopefully he plays for the dogs soon.

I just go into the Dartmouth files and read what he's accomplished over the last three years and what they expect in his senior year. Which tells of his character the way he plays and a variety of other more telling things about the player.

Archived