The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Jon Gleed

Guest 1970 Habs

I could not find a board on this guy. He played for Cincinnati last year but is listed as being in Hamilton.

Latest I have is this guy signed with Hamilton in 06/07.

Is he UFA and will he be playing in the Hamilton this year???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 1970 Habs
I could not find a board on this guy. He played for Cincinnati last year but is listed as being in Hamilton.

Latest I have is this guy signed with Hamilton in 06/07.

Is he UFA and will he be playing in the Hamilton this year???

Hello out there!!!

Is there anyone out there who can shed some light on this?

Thank you.

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB

2002-03 Cornell University NCAA 12 0 1 1 10

2003-04 Cornell University NCAA 28 3 3 6 18

2004-05 Cornell University NCAA 30 1 5 6 43

2005-06 Cornell University NCAA 28 1 7 8 26

2006-07 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 8 0 1 1 4 -- -- -- -- --

2006-07 Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL 40 3 6 9 72 10 1 2 3 12

Guest 1970 Habs
2002-03 Cornell University NCAA 12 0 1 1 10

2003-04 Cornell University NCAA 28 3 3 6 18

2004-05 Cornell University NCAA 30 1 5 6 43

2005-06 Cornell University NCAA 28 1 7 8 26

2006-07 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 8 0 1 1 4 -- -- -- -- --

2006-07 Cincinnati Cyclones ECHL 40 3 6 9 72 10 1 2 3 12

Not much help.

My question is:

Is he UFA and will he be playing in Hamilton this year???

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
Not much help.

My question is:

Is he UFA and will he be playing in Hamilton this year???

Selected by the Montreal Canadiens in the 7th round, 212th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft

I don't think he's a UFA

Guest 1970 Habs
I guess we never offered him a contract this year.

He is one of the players on my prospects spreadsheet (loose end) I am trying to resolve. I was hoping someone on this Forum could shed some light on his situation.

Guest 1970 Habs
he was with us a lot of the season.....pretty good d-man....young, a healthy scratch frequently

I am trying to determine what his contract status is. If there is one.

Guest 80rivers

I've been trying to get some news on Jon as well. As far as I know he hasn't signed any new contract this year. Does anyone know what his original contract was? 1 year, 2 years?? I know that he was disappointed in being a healthy scratch for much of his stint with the Bulldogs, but don't know if they see him as expendible at this point. He was signed with the Canadiens originally, but not sure if he was offered a minor league contract after not being a regular in Hamilton.

I've heard he may give it one more year to try and earn a stable position in the A. If not, onto bigger and better things.

Good Luck Jon!!

Guest 1970 Habs
I've been trying to get some news on Jon as well. As far as I know he hasn't signed any new contract this year. Does anyone know what his original contract was? 1 year, 2 years?? I know that he was disappointed in being a healthy scratch for much of his stint with the Bulldogs, but don't know if they see him as expendible at this point. He was signed with the Canadiens originally, but not sure if he was offered a minor league contract after not being a regular in Hamilton.

I've heard he may give it one more year to try and earn a stable position in the A. If not, onto bigger and better things.

Good Luck Jon!!

Thanks for the info.

I thought maybe one of the Moderators or Super Moderators would know something.

I guess we will keep searching.

Guest montreal

Gleed signed a one year deal with Hamilton, so he's a UFA. It's unlikely that he would play in Hamilton next year since the team is loaded with RD's already. There's still the chance that he is signed to another ahl contract and spends most of the year in the ECHL. But at this point he's free to sign with any team.

Guest 1970 Habs
Gleed signed a one year deal with Hamilton, so he's a UFA. It's unlikely that he would play in Hamilton next year since the team is loaded with RD's already. There's still the chance that he is signed to another ahl contract and spends most of the year in the ECHL. But at this point he's free to sign with any team.

I very much appreciate the info.

Thank you. :)

Guest montreal
who the heck is this guy?

we drafted him in '04, must have liked what they saw when watching O'Byrne at Cornell. Gleed is a smart, hard working defensemen, not muchh offensive upside but solid in his own end, strong on the PK. I hope they bring him back but there's been no info on him this summer.

Archived