The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

pierrehoude

Who do you think will be the best rookie this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Calder ?

• Carey Price
    • Patrick Kane
    • Other

Guest Habs_101

Just wait, Brule is going to be a franchise player, Price will not, its just my opinion but i think we made a bad choice at the draft

Guest leafsreallysuck
Just wait, Brule is going to be a franchise player, Price will not, its just my opinion but i think we made a bad choice at the draft[/quote:ff3e77b73b]

And you've seen these guys play how many times?

Brule is good but thats not what we need another 5'10 speedy skilled guy at center, we need a big power center. And as for Carey Price he owned the U-18 Tournament and will probably backstop Canada at the WOrld Juniors to Gold this year. He is without a doubt along with Justin Pogge, Marek Schwarz and Tuuka Raask the top goalie prospect and will have a long outstanding career as a Hab.

And as for u saying it was a bad choice come on we were lucky to pick so high and how was it bad since we got the top goalie in the draft that year we were lucky as hell to grab him.

Guest cup crazy88

if you never pick goalies in the the 1st 3 rounds your not going to have a lot of depth at that position and will always have goltending issues in your franchise. The Habs also have a lot of depth when it comes to young forwards and it's not very often you have the chance to draft the top player at a position in the draft. It is easier to get a good skater in picks 20-30 then it is a goalie (depending on the draft class, but in general).

Goal is probably the most important position in the game, skaters you definatly need a collective effort from to do good, but a goalie is the only single player that can steal you a big playoff win.

and pogge to old to play in the WJC this yr i believe.. and as for brule only being 5'10" the guy plays BIG, steve begin or bouillon arn't the biggest out there either but they play big.

Guest BadBrains
Goal is probably the most important position in the game, skaters you definatly need a collective effort from to do good, but a goalie is the only single player that can steal you a big playoff win.[/quote:d4c8350e08]

That's an excellent point.

Look back at at our strongest habs teams and take a look between the pipes. Georges Vézina, George Hainsworth, Jacques Plante, Lorne "Gump" Worsley, Ken Dryden, Patrick Roy. These guys were in nets for 22 of our cups. All hall of famers. Some may argue that it was the team in front of them that made these goaltender's careers so great. On the other hand, it may have been that without these goalies we may have far less banners hanging from the rafters.

Goaltending is key to winning Cups and taking Price may have been a gamble, but if that gamble pays off with the team improving up front, it's time to start printing some new Stanely Cup banners with the CH on them.

• 4 months later...

Great game to steal a victory from the best team in the WHL, good job Carey.

I really don't care about his numbers, though. Wether his SV% is .952 or .810, it doesn't change the fact that he has all the tools to be a number one in the NHL and the mindset as well. He has to learn to deal with getting shelled at some point, and he's better off doing it in Junior then the NHL.

dont know if theres already one,

or if i should put it here or not.

but i just came back from a giants game, they faced tri-city

price startes had a great game. 33/34 stops

1star team won 3-1. he is really good,

and his style kinda reminds me of huet, which is good  :D  

but i really think

this guy is our future...

your thoughs

He does look like huet, only 4 times faster, and the glove of god.

so there you go.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shanahan1024

Everyone on the TSN panel said Carey will be starting, he outplayed Erving all camp, and Ervings WHL stats dont mean anything, Price faces double the shots.

Guest Tony Montana

Well Price is 19 now, he should dominate this tournament with the D we got infront of him, lets see how much our 1st round pick has devolloped. I hope he is not a flop in this tourny.

Guest 11Koivu

I heard they'll be determining the starter during the exhibition games and that both goalies would get even playing time.

Im happy that Price made the roster, he's going to get alot of experience playing against players from other countries.

Yea, boxing day hockey has become a christmas tradition for me :D

I heard they'll be determining the starter during the exhibition games and that both goalies would get even playing time.

Im happy that Price made the roster, he's going to get alot of experience playing against players from other countries.

Yea, boxing day hockey has become a christmas tradition for me :D

definatly getting even playing time

and hopefully price takes it for team canada

im tired of hearing pogge this and pogge that

CAREY PRICE!

-Matt

Archived