The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

pierrehoude

Who do you think will be the best rookie this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Calder ?

• Carey Price
    • Patrick Kane
    • Other

No doubt about it

He is the Next Theodore, same speed and ahtlecity, except less cocky and and waaaaay bigger, not to mention 10 yrs younger

and better looking  8)  (thats right ladies and theo lovers! i went there)

I hope he doesnt end up like Theo :D

Swear to god....that guy really wrote that?, well i think he is absolutely right, and what amazing grammar

Its true, he  is bigger and less cocky than Theo with the same speed and agility!

dont forget the better looks too and probly less hair loss:lol:

-Matt

Guest cup crazy88

Yeah the WHL stats don't mean much since they are behind 2 completely different teams.. **** since he got there, most of the time with Tri-City he has been facing 35-40+ shots a game..

Guest BadBrains
I don't know if this was posted but Carey Price was in net for Canada's victory in an exhibition game against Finland, stoping 25 shots in a 5 to 2 victory.

Good work, Price. Earn that spot!

No doubt about it

He is the Next Theodore, same speed and ahtlecity, except less cocky and and waaaaay bigger, not to mention 10 yrs younger

dont you EVER say that again, if this is true trade him now please!! or dont sign him to a god awful $5,000,000 contract...

now on the positive side, go Price go!

Guest hogtownhabsfan
Do you think Price will ever make the Habs?

Don't worry he is well on scheduale. Hopefully he can dominate the WJC, and play great the rest of the year in the WHL. He will then likely spend at least 1 year in Hamilton. And at least one year as the backup with the big club. 2010-2011 is the year I expect he emerges as the starter in Montreal. He will be 23, which is the age most top goalies begin to start in the NHL. We didn't draft the boy 5th overall in 2005, thinking he would be anything less than a standout starter with the Canadiens at some point.

No doubt about it

I hope hes not the next Theo I hope hes the next Huet:p :D

I hope hes not the next Theo I hope hes the next Huet:p :D

Or a combo of the best of both...*drools*

Anyways, living out here in Leaf region, it feels nice to hear praise for a Habs prospect (Habs don't get muhc love in the media out here). One dude (who obviously needs to work on his compliments) called him "Price-less!"

IMO, the most accurate comparison would be Olaf Kolzig (Which makes sense since Godzilla owns Tri-City and worked with Price quite a lot to make him the goalie he is today) except a far better puckhandler and with faster pads. He has the same size and supreme ability to fill the net, and he has the exact same challening nature that makes Ollie such a great goaltender. His puckhandling is just superb, not quite on the same level as the Brodeur's and Turco's of the world, but easily as good as DiPietro's. His mobility is great for a guy his size and wow is he strong down low.

So basically, we have to come up with a nickname befitting someone superior to Godzilla... I'm personally leaning towards "Mothera" or "King Ghidorah" or maybe even something like "Mecha-Godzilla."

Guest sportsfreak_39
IMO, the most accurate comparison would be Olaf Kolzig (Which makes sense since Godzilla owns Tri-City and worked with Price quite a lot to make him the goalie he is today) except a far better puckhandler and with faster pads. He has the same size and supreme ability to fill the net, and he has the exact same challening nature that makes Ollie such a great goaltender. His puckhandling is just superb, not quite on the same level as the Brodeur's and Turco's of the world, but easily as good as DiPietro's. His mobility is great for a guy his size and wow is he strong down low.

So basically, we have to come up with a nickname befitting someone superior to Godzilla... I'm personally leaning towards "Mothera" or "King Ghidorah" or maybe even something like "Mecha-Godzilla."

you have a few years to think about it so dont worry

Guest feistyboy27

I am a big Price fan and hope he is the starting goaltender in Montreal within several years. Still if Huet becomes this Vezina caliber goaltender who wins atleast 1 Stanley Cup for the team, and atleast 1 Vezina, and mantains an elite goalie level wouldnt the team have a tough choice? I guess in that case you could look at it they would save alot of money and get some great trade value for Huet, but then they would have mega confidence in Price that he could step in and be almost that good. Of course that is hypothetical anyway and talking well in the future so I will shut up now.

Guest feistyboy27

Pricey gets another win, and is going to get a 3rd straight start in the next game. :D

http://www.hamiltonspectator.com/NASApp/cs...l=1112274690734

He has looked very good so far, and today was just as impressive as yesterday as the U.S had alot of killer scoring chances, they really swarmed the zone of the Canadians. Oh yeah that last goal against Price was bogus, so he really only should count as having let 2 in, both very good goals.

Guest HabSteve

There is a great story about Price coming from "La presse Canadienne" today, in resume, It's about the fact that Price and his father had to do 640 kilometres, 3 times a week, so that Carey could practice and play hockey, they had to buy a plane, which Price's father describes as being a lawnmower with wings, they talk about how those trips brought them close to each other, and that his father wouldn't change a thing today.

french link is here: http://www.canoe.com/sports/nouvelles/arch...228-141818.html

And i've had it "googled" here(I hope you can understand allright) :

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...Flanguage_tools

BTW Carey Price is listed as 6'2 almost everywhere except the tri-city americans website, I can say being 6'4 myself that his height in front of the net (I'm accounting for the shorter goalie skates also) puts him between 6'3 and 6'4 easy.

Oh man thanks to this guy we won't need to worry about goaltending for the next 15 years !

Guest habfansham
You don't get too many chances to draft a franchis goalie, let alone a franchise goalie with size,quickness,poise and puck-handling ability.

So, to this, I am sorry I ever doubted the Montreal scouting staff when they chose Carey Price.

As long as they don't waste that pick by giving him away for magic beans.

Archived