The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

pierrehoude

Who do you think will be the best rookie this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Calder ?

• Carey Price
    • Patrick Kane
    • Other

Guest Hab_in_Bermuda
i seen carey price out here whentricities visited and played the pats! he was unbeliveable he will be a superstar goalie! but i think somebody compared him to theodore, please don't ever do that there is no comparision between them price is better now than theodore was/will ever be!! i want to use a word to describe theodore on here but i'm new and don't want to get kicked off!any of my friends and family that are all diehard habs fans like me will tell you how i felt about theodore!! i told all of them that if this guy was/is our goaltender of the future we'd be in trouble and would go nowhere with him in net!!! i mean come,on theodore has won only 2 playoff series in his career! if he gives us ant goaltending at all in the 2 round we probably win a cup or 2!! theodore will never be considered in my mind one of the top 10 goalies in franchise history!

he was the man at one point in his career though, and that is why deep down I will always like Theo. He stole those two series we had against Boston and I will never forget that. I'm hoping he bounces back next year with the avs.

Guest overlords
he was the man at one point in his career though, and that is why deep down I will always like Theo. He stole those two series we had against Boston and I will never forget that. I'm hoping he bounces back next year with the avs.

I don't. I can't stand that moron. He went prancing about with paris hilton. Now i'm not saying that our organization has the cleanest reputation, but good god man he should have been beaten over the head with a billy club. Way to drag our team's name through the dirt/

Guest Hab_in_Bermuda
I don't. I can't stand that moron. He went prancing about with paris hilton. Now i'm not saying that our organization has the cleanest reputation, but good god man he should have been beaten over the head with a billy club. Way to drag our team's name through the dirt/

I don't care about what he does off the ice, I just still kind of like him because what he was able to do with such a poor habs team. I never compared Carey Price to Theo

Guest overlords
I don't care about what he does off the ice, I just still kind of like him because what he was able to do with such a poor habs team. I never compared Carey Price to Theo

Not you, someone else said it :P

Guest Anetéchrist
Not you, someone else said it :P

Yhis is infatile. Carey Price is as far from Jose Theodore than he is from Patrick Roy. Carey Price is Carey Price, and we will only know next year how good he is at the NHL level dont cut your options.

Guest overlords
Yhis is infatile. Carey Price is as far from Jose Theodore than he is from Patrick Roy. Carey Price is Carey Price, and we will only know next year how good he is at the NHL level dont cut your options.

I have to say that i'm beginning to love every post you make. Post more! We're two of the very few amount of people who really believe in valentenko, gotta keep that alive :P

Guest xe_liam88

The kid shows emotion when emotion should be shown! When they won against the states in the semi-final, he jumped around like a giddy school girl, when they won the calder he was doing the same. Ollie Kolzig taught Price during the lock-out year to never show any emotion.....emotion for a goalie is the ultimate weapon against them...just look at Dwayne Roloson...shaking off his helmet and complaining every time he gets touched, the refs and other team realizes this and uses it against him.

The fact that he hides all hjis emotions should be looked at as a positive, and if he comes in and proves he is the Franchise goalie we have been looking for then he will be paid top-dollar!

I also have to say that Theo was good, but he was very inconsistant and a glamour boy who when he got paid went ott and bought fancy cars and clothes.

Price was quoted in an article saying his first purchase was a bottle of water and a pick-up truck!

Keep the discussion to hockey unless you have proofs of what you're saying.

JL.

Guest Anetéchrist
I have to say that i'm beginning to love every post you make. Post more! We're two of the very few amount of people who really believe in valentenko, gotta keep that alive :P

You can count on me to keep Valentenko's name alive on these boards. For as long as I'll live, I'll be consistent in three things :

1) I'll love hockey. :)

2) I'll believe defense wins championships. :D

3) I'll worship big, bad and a tad mad defensemen like Valty. :P

You've got to like the Fearful Future Fracture Factory :P (McDo, Komisaurus, Valty) (And you can add O'Byrne to that as well)

Guest FREDDYBEACH HAB
You can count on me to keep Valentenko's name alive on these boards. For as long as I'll live, I'll be consistent in three things :

1) I'll love hockey. :)

2) I'll believe defense wins championships. :D

3) I'll worship big, bad and a tad mad defensemen like Valty. :P

You've got to like the Fearful Future Fracture Factory :P (McDo, Komisaurus, Valty) (And you can add O'Byrne to that as well)

If his career ever ends short, he can paint himself green and stick a couple bolts on each side of his head and call himself Frankenstien ... lol

I wonder if he'll crack the line up this year?

Guest overlords
Valentenko has his own thread. Could we please get back on topic? Thanks. ;)

Sorry, thanks for not deleting posts, BACK ON TOPIC NOW.

I get what you guys are saying, Emery was exploited by people like lapierre in games against us (well lapierre ate a stick for it in the end but still) and it flustered emery and got him suspended. I can see why you'd say it's a weakness, but in interviews he's talking about going to play for the habs and it seems like he couldn't care less. I'm sure he's at least a bit excited. Maybe he's just confident enough to have known for a while that it wouldn't have gone any other way than the way it's been going. I do LOVE the fact that he doesn't seem cocky though. No more samsonovs please!

Guest xe_liam88

Just go watch one of Ryan Millers interviews :D he alsways seems like he's stoned off his butt!! The best goalies always seem disinterested or very humble, they will deflect all their emotion to other players on the team and always seem like they have better things to do than talk to the media.

Carey Price was smiling when he got drafted.....and any questions about loyalty, look at what team he played for in the WHL. The Tri-City coaches told him after the WJC, "Do you want us to trade you to Vancouver for a shot at the Memorial cup." and Price rejected because he felt it was his duty to finish where he started and get Tri-cities into the playoffs. In a way Habs fans can be happy that Price made this decision....look where it took him!

Guest 1970 Habs
Just go watch one of Ryan Millers interviews :D he alsways seems like he's stoned off his butt!! The best goalies always seem disinterested or very humble, they will deflect all their emotion to other players on the team and always seem like they have better things to do than talk to the media.

Carey Price was smiling when he got drafted.....and any questions about loyalty, look at what team he played for in the WHL. The Tri-City coaches told him after the WJC, "Do you want us to trade you to Vancouver for a shot at the Memorial cup." and Price rejected because he felt it was his duty to finish where he started and get Tri-cities into the playoffs. In a way Habs fans can be happy that Price made this decision....look where it took him!

Is this true? Wow!

Fate may not have seen him in Hamilton.

Is this true? Wow!

Fate may not have seen him in Hamilton.

That is true. The Vancouver Giants, who were hosting the Memorial Cup, had lost their starter Dustin Slade (who abandoned the team) and were looking for a number one goalie. They contacted Tri-City and Price prefered staying loyal to the team and hope to get to the Memorial Cup with his team.

Guest xe_liam88

I prefer the move he made....but Vancouver would have been scary good in the playoffs if they aquired Price! They might have gone perfect through it!

No one should be concerned about Price's loyalty...if he stayed with tri-cities, he will stick with montreal as long as he is wanted there!

"JL where did you hear that quote, my personal trainer always told me that quote! worked for football, will be playin Uni football in the fall!"

"JL where did you hear that quote, my personal trainer always told me that quote! worked for football, will be playin Uni football in the fall!"

That's a very old quote. I don't know its origin, but I've heard that a long time ago. Last year at some point, a member posted it in the Kovalev thread and I decided to make it part of my signature. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well these aren't official, but they are just as nice, and cheaper than what the Carey Price fans are paying for 1/1, 1/10, etc..

AUG 27TH will now be known as Carey Price day in the "Oliver Household"

I emailed his dad 5 weeks ago to ask him if I could send Carey some prints that we had made up from the Moose vs Dogs playoff game in May. Between Jerry(his dad), Jill (Carey's Billett in Tri Cities), Dennis (Jill's husband) and myself, we came up with a pile of pictures. Please enjoy.

First some cards he signed for me. All his base cards from this year plus a card I made

I love this card.

Custom Patch now auto'd

Next, all his base cards from 06-07

Card 2

CARD 3

What's that, never send Gu cards for TTM's? Well I do :)

GAME USED 1

GAMES USED 2

Next "The Youngest player ever to make the cover of the Canadiens magazine":cool:

scan0041.jpg

Outside the dressing room of the Bulldogs at the MTS Center.

scan0043.jpg

scan0042.jpg

And lastly my little 1/1 As soon as the print arrived yesterday, I picked up a matt, and some frames and had this done up. It is awesome.

My Best Memorabilia ever

The Carey Price Wall of Fame

Going to put together a better background for these treasures. I am thinking one big piece of corrugated plastic painted in Montreal colours. Or maybe the background of a net and the boards all painted up. Well see.

Did I mention I love this hobby?

Hope you enjoyed the show.

Shane

Well these aren't official, but they are just as nice, and cheaper than what the Carey Price fans are paying for 1/1, 1/10, etc..

AUG 27TH will now be known as Carey Price day in the "Oliver Household"

I emailed his dad 5 weeks ago to ask him if I could send Carey some prints that we had made up from the Moose vs Dogs playoff game in May. Between Jerry(his dad), Jill (Carey's Billett in Tri Cities), Dennis (Jill's husband) and myself, we came up with a pile of pictures. Please enjoy.

First some cards he signed for me. All his base cards from this year plus a card I made

I love this card.

Custom Patch now auto'd

Next, all his base cards from 06-07

Card 2

CARD 3

What's that, never send Gu cards for TTM's? Well I do :)

GAME USED 1

GAMES USED 2

Next "The Youngest player ever to make the cover of the Canadiens magazine":cool:

scan0041.jpg

Outside the dressing room of the Bulldogs at the MTS Center.

scan0043.jpg

scan0042.jpg

And lastly my little 1/1 As soon as the print arrived yesterday, I picked up a matt, and some frames and had this done up. It is awesome.

My Best Memorabilia ever

The Carey Price Wall of Fame

Going to put together a better background for these treasures. I am thinking one big piece of corrugated plastic painted in Montreal colours. Or maybe the background of a net and the boards all painted up. Well see.

Did I mention I love this hobby?

Hope you enjoyed the show.

Shane

Dude! That is absolutely amazing! You must spend a fortune on that stuff. Real dedication, man. Keep up the collection!

My card collection? Yes I do. But all these autographs listed in the post are through the mail auto's. Cost nothing, only stamps, and photoshop time for the " Night to Remember" print.

thanks for the comments.

oh and great minds think alike :)

You're welcome.

I just can't help it. Since the second they drafted him I became a fan.

"The Youngest Player Ever to make the Cover of the Canadiens magazine" That's awesome.

Shane

But Gainey is confident the Canadiens will be better this season, largely from the continued progression of a strong group of young players.

The whole organization also got a boost when its top farm club, the Hamilton Bulldogs, won the Calder Cup with blue-chip prospect Carey Price in goal.

Price will battle with veteran Cristobal Huet, who fought injuries and inconsistency last season, and prospect Jaroslav Halak for a spot on the NHL club.

"Right away, I believe we're better in goal," said Gainey. "It's the only position by itself that can swing a game.

"We have talent, we have depth, we have competition from within, and I think it will provide us with the backbone for the other parts of our team."

Gainey sees no reasons why Price could not be kept with the NHL team even if Huet remains the starter, but coach Guy Carbonneau said the 20-year-old would be better off getting regular work in Hamilton than riding the bench in Montreal.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=217589&hubname=nhl

I guess Gainey changed his tune about the possibility of Price starting the season in Montreal... He'll be there in spite of Carbo's comment, as Price will force them to keep him, sort of like Latendresse did last year.

Archived