The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

pierrehoude

Who do you think will be the best rookie this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Calder ?

• Carey Price
    • Patrick Kane
    • Other

Yeah Halak was a rookie in the AHL and a rookie in the NHL in the same season.

I think many would be singing a different tune about Halak had he led the team into the playoffs and won a round or two.

your correct halak did fine regardless of making the playoffs. I thought that price won the calder cup and thus was under contract, I guess he was just drafted and not signed?

Guest 1970 Habs
your correct halak did fine regardless of making the playoffs. I thought that price won the calder cup and thus was under contract, I guess he was just drafted and not signed?

Let me clarify my answer.

At the time Huet got injured Halak was called up to play in Montreal because he was under contract with Montreal playing in Hamilton.

Price at the time of Huet's injury was not under contract and playing in the WHL. When Price finished the playoffs in the WHL he signed a contract with Montreal and played two games in Hamilton before playing in the playoffs.

So he was under contract with Montreal when he played in Hamilton. Hope this helps.

At the time Huet got injured Halak was called up to play in Montreal because he was under contract with Montreal playing in Hamilton.

Price at the time of Huet's injury was not under contract and playing in the WHL. When Price finished the playoffs in the WHL he signed a contract with Montreal and played two games in Hamilton before playing in the playoffs.

So he was under contract with Montreal when he played in Hamilton. Hope this helps.

Correct.

Guest jennifer_rocket

The question becomes what happens to Halak if Price makes the club? There's no way Huet's going to the minors, and trading him will be easier said than done. I mean, there are clubs out there (Los Angeles) who need goaltending assistance, but I still don't think unloading Huet and having Halak and Price run with it as a good idea. Perhaps they can do it, but if Halak goes to the minors his value will diminish. That would be a shame, as at the end of last season he was looking like a player who could get you something back in a trade. Whether it be a draft pick or two, he looked solid. I would love for Price to make it straight out of camp, but I'm not so sure. He may be a reluctant cut, sent back to the AHL for a few months. What to do? Sometimes I wish Bob Gainey had a little more intuition on his side.

The question becomes what happens to Halak if Price makes the club? There's no way Huet's going to the minors, and trading him will be easier said than done. I mean, there are clubs out there (Los Angeles) who need goaltending assistance, but I still don't think unloading Huet and having Halak and Price run with it as a good idea. Perhaps they can do it, but if Halak goes to the minors his value will diminish. That would be a shame, as at the end of last season he was looking like a player who could get you something back in a trade. Whether it be a draft pick or two, he looked solid. I would love for Price to make it straight out of camp, but I'm not so sure. He may be a reluctant cut, sent back to the AHL for a few months. What to do? Sometimes I wish Bob Gainey had a little more intuition on his side.

if price makes the club Halak is sent to the AHL . It sucks but we can't send Huet without clearing waivers. Nothing personal, just buisness. As for his value going down if he plays like he did in the ahl before the call up I am willing to bet more then one team will be interested to have him in a package trade

but back to Carey.

If Price makes the teamn it's because he out played every other goalie

It wasn't Halak that lost against Toronto, in was Huet. I love Huet! He one us a lot of games and is an all star. But he shouldn't have been in nets that game and he let in a lot of questionable goals. I see Prices situation as this. They will not make him ride the bench. Even if he is good enough to be number two, he will play in Hamilton. Why let him ride the bench?

Let's see if Halak is all he can be!!! Let's not get upset if Price doesn't make the big club this year.

I wonder how many so-called "experts" are still second guessing Gainey's choice of selecting Price fifth overall? :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing JL. 3 million Canadiens fans were off on th e5th over pick, now they all want on the Carey Price wagon.

I on the other hand said to myself "self, there has to be a reason why he was chosen", Here's to Halak, and Huet outplaying themselves in the reg season, and here's to a big trade as one of them goes.

Going to be another interesting camp. I believe Carey outplayed the goalies last year, didn't he?

Shane

Correct.

I second that. People, do your homework before you go talking smack!

Next, none of us are saying the Carey is the almighty, we are just saying he has a shot at playing in the big leagues.

Lastly, who's that guy who just hopes we win a game. omg, where are from, let me guess Toronto?

:rolleyes:

Yes it does one call up led to another. I thougth they were both in the AHL at the time. that's what I get for being out west, I only follow the Kootenay Ice.

I agree that Price will never ride the pine. He will either start the season with Huet on the bench (as most aging golies do in a support role) or he will be #uno in Hamilton with the odd call up.

Guest habsfan7344

OMG PRICE VS HALAK!!

whos ganna win!!??? (i think Price) I love him but not as much as ryder!! but he is my favorite goalie!! and he is amazing the next patrick roy for me!! YAH!! :D

I am pretty sure that Price was the best goalie at the last two Camps. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

He was, and he now needs to be the best for a third year in a row if he wants to start the season in Montreal.

Guest d80jcrant
He was, and he now needs to be the best for a third year in a row if he wants to start the season in Montreal.

Yup I agree, Also to note I just saw a videoon the TSN website about Price, He tweaked his knee today stretching.

Guest JIMVINNY
Yup I agree, Also to note I just saw a videoon the TSN website about Price, He tweaked his knee today stretching.

It happened Tuesday during the rookie camp scrimmages, and He said himself that it wasn't a big deal. Let's hope that's the case. He's always played a lot and been very durable, so I'm not too worried.

Guest d80jcrant
It happened Tuesday during the rookie camp scrimmages, and He said himself that it wasn't a big deal. Let's hope that's the case. He's always played a lot and been very durable, so I'm not too worried.

That is great news to hear.

I tweak my knee getting out of bed every morning, he'll be fine. Next thing you know, the members here will have him sidelined for 12 weeks, and then traded to Siberia for Kolishnakov. I hear he's an amazing undrafted player :lol:

Since i relly like Price and hes not even in NHl 08 for ps2, plus we still have aebischer. :angry:

YAAA!!! where the flip is Price?? they had better create him with an roster update ASAP!!

Guest 1970 Habs
Yes it does one call up led to another. I thougth they were both in the AHL at the time. that's what I get for being out west, I only follow the Kootenay Ice.

I agree that Price will never ride the pine. He will either start the season with Huet on the bench (as most aging golies do in a support role) or he will be #uno in Hamilton with the odd call up.

I follow most of the prospects the best I can.

I am in Nova Scotia so I am very curious if you ever saw Ben Maxwell play and what you think of him.

If you could reply on the Ben Maxwell thread it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Don't for get WHL goalie of the year :)

Youngest goalie to win the Calder Cup MVP since P Roy, and youngest player to ever be covered on the Canadiens magazine.

Yes, I know none of those points will help him make the team. I'm just a huge fan:)

Archived