The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

pierrehoude

Who do you think will be the best rookie this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Calder ?

• Carey Price
    • Patrick Kane
    • Other

Don't for get WHL goalie of the year :)

Youngest goalie to win the Calder Cup MVP since P Roy, and youngest player to ever be covered on the Canadiens magazine.

Yes, I know none of those points will help him make the team. I'm just a huge fan:)

Can't blame you there, as Price is the first player since Patrick Roy to get me excited. We lack stars on this team and he has everything to succeed. Time will tell of course, but things are definitely looking up!

Guest 1970 Habs
Don't for get WHL goalie of the year :)

Youngest goalie to win the Calder Cup MVP since P Roy, and youngest player to ever be covered on the Canadiens magazine.

Yes, I know none of those points will help him make the team. I'm just a huge fan:)

I may be wrong but I thought Price won the CHL Goalie of the Year Award.

Hmm. Well he didn't play stellar yesterday, but he wasn't bad either. The defence in front of him yesterday wasn't too effective yesterday.

The guy had to be fighting butterflies. I'm not going to judge him on yesterday's performance. Stepping in half-way through a game doesn't really make sense to me either. But you're right, he was average last night. Nothing more.

Guest JIMVINNY
The guy had to be fighting butterflies. I'm not going to judge him on yesterday's performance. Stepping in half-way through a game doesn't really make sense to me either. But you're right, he was average last night. Nothing more.

Both Halak and Price had to have been incredibly nervous, especially after the way huet played the previous night. I'm going to give him another outing or two before I make a judgement.

Guest RedLightRacicot

Unfortunately all the hype have elevated the expecatations. I have to admit that I couldn't help wishing for some miraculous 46 save shutout performance. It is only one game!

Guest RedLightRacicot
For Carey to truly prove himself, aswell for the other goalies...Huet, Halak, and Price need to play the full 60 min.

I agree, they have done the half game now, let's see the 60 min.

Let's remember one thing: greatness, by and large, is measured by how well you respond to adversity. Even the greatest of the great players had bad games and slumps. Their hallmark was the ability to bounce back from a mediocre or subpar outing. Let's see how Price responds to this first preseason game. I have a feeling he won't disappoint.

Well I for one was excited to see him play. The game wasn't much in front of him, and you could tell he was a bit nervous. I hope the game is on RDS. Would love to see him for a full 60 minutes, and 3/4 of the team with him.

There's no jumping off the wagon here. I wish him all best, every time.

Oh, and Huet looked awesome in his first game. Congrats Huet.

Lastly, they can send Danis down now. :rolleyes:

Both Halak and Price had to have been incredibly nervous, especially after the way huet played the previous night. I'm going to give him another outing or two before I make a judgement.

Neither of those guys, and especially Price, let nerves get in the way, they both have ice in their veins......it might be the lack of a full team in front!

Guest overlords

At this point I'm really starting to think we may need to try all 4 goalies out in regular season, unless someone plays EXTREMELY well or someone screws up royally.

Guest d80jcrant

Price is under contract for three years. If he does not play a single minute for the Habs this year we just lost a year of his contract right??? That we only have him signed for two years. Correct???

Guest fansince1975
Price is under contract for three years. If he does not play a single minute for the Habs this year we just lost a year of his contract right??? That we only have him signed for two years. Correct???

All contracts have expiry dates. The contract that Carey Price signed expires at the end of the NHL season 2010.

Guest fansince1975

Comments regarding Carey Price

1. I hope he gets a new face mask soon. Currently he is using his junior mask.

2. I hope he add a protector to his mask. Skates, pucks, and sticks can cause injuries that in most cases a plastic protector would prevent.

3. I hope that he gets one of the final two pre-season games. Huet is on the team therefore he doesn't need the 60 minutes.

4. Hopefully he will get the chance to play behind Markov, Komi, Hammer, and O'Bryne which are the 4 best defensive players on the Montreal roster.

5. I really think that he is a superstar in the making. His resume is incredible for a player his age. All of this with the pressure of being picked 5th overall by hockey crazy Montreal. He is ready for the pressure of Montreal until proven that he cannot handle the pressure.

6. I really hope that Carey Price makes the line-up as the backup (to Huet) or starter (if Huet is traded).

7. The best chance that Montreal has of winning the cup is to have Carey Price in the net. There are no superstar forwards in the system for Montreal so the only real chance is to win with defence and goaltending.

8. I think that Price could be better then Roy. Roy is arguably the best goalie of all time. Price has that kind of potential. Put him on the team. There is nothing that he can learn in Hamilton other then losing some of his confidence due to not making the NHL.

Archived