The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

pierrehoude

Who do you think will be the best rookie this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Calder ?

• Carey Price
    • Patrick Kane
    • Other

Guest 1970 Habs
Price is under contract for three years. If he does not play a single minute for the Habs this year we just lost a year of his contract right??? That we only have him signed for two years. Correct???

I do not know why there is a concern over his contract. He will be an RFA at the the end of his first contract and should be playing in Montreal at the time.

I heard on TSN that Price has likely started his last game as the Habs want to go with Huet & Halak... not sure how they got this info though, whether from Guy or someone else.

He really has not stood on his head so if this is the case it will not hurt him in the least. It will give him more experience at the pro level and allow Montreal to better assess Halak.

I am not worried either way as in 1-2 years I expect him to be in Montreal.

I heard on TSN that Price has likely started his last game as the Habs want to go with Huet & Halak... not sure how they got this info though, whether from Guy or someone else.

Rookie Carey Price made 22 saves in his first start of the pre-season to lead the Montreal Canadiens to a 3-2 win Friday over the New York Islanders. Coach Guy Carbonneau said that Price will "probably" get another start this pre-season, suggesting he will likely survive Monday's cuts. Cristobal Huet is slated to play the entire game Saturday against Ottawa, while Jaroslav Halak goes the distance Sunday night against Boston.

Full story...

Rookie Carey Price made 22 saves in his first start of the pre-season to lead the Montreal Canadiens to a 3-2 win Friday over the New York Islanders. Coach Guy Carbonneau said that Price will "probably" get another start this pre-season, suggesting he will likely survive Monday's cuts. Cristobal Huet is slated to play the entire game Saturday against Ottawa, while Jaroslav Halak goes the distance Sunday night against Boston.

Full story...

Oops, my bad. Guess I misunderstood, probably was too tired :)

JL- thanks for the info game link, I missed that one some how. Looks like Bob had a talk with Carbs, as Guy wanted Carey to be in Hamilton today.

fansince1975- great points on Carey.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a win win with Carey. He goes down, he gets lots of playing time, if he stays up, then that's just as good to backup Huet.

Huet is the starter, but Halak, Danis and Price are all still working for the #2 in my opinion. I would love to see Carey make the team, but I think it would be better to have Halak as the backup. Reason? Let he and Huet play their guts out and then use as trade bait.

I love Kovalev, but only because he's a joy to watch when he has the puck, everything else is a minus about him. He wears my favourite number, but #27 should be one of the top players 100% of the time.

Prediction: Kovalev/ either Halak, or Danis in a trade. We still have to build up the scoring, and unless Kovy comes out flying this year, he'll be gone by x-mas.

My opinion of the day :)

JL- thanks for the info game link, I missed that one some how. Looks like Bob had a talk with Carbs, as Guy wanted Carey to be in Hamilton today.

Since training camp doesn't start until Tuesday (25th), I doubt that they'd make any cuts until Sunday night or Monday anyway. They'll keep them on the ice until then I'm sure. ;)

Since training camp doesn't start until Tuesday (25th), I doubt that they'd make any cuts until Sunday night or Monday anyway. They'll keep them on the ice until then I'm sure. ;)

I understand that JL :P , but not more than a week ago Carbs had him shipped out even before his first start, now Carbs is starting him again. Trust me, Bob summed him up on the I hate Carey Price Project.

Next; Carey is a young goalie yes. But if he's better than Halak and Danis, then he should stay and back up Huet. Just makes since to me. Pick the best backup available. Trust me, just practicing with the Canadiens and getting 20 starts a season will do more than playing 60 games in Hamilton. If Halak/Danis is the better goalie then it's their turn. :blink:

Guest Gumper-73

There is no benefit to carrying Price to start the season. Huet will get the bulk of the early games and having Price sitting on his keester won't do any good. Price's time will come when Huet either inevitably wears down or gets injured. I love Huet but I think he should only play 55-60 games max and then he would be be good for the play-off's. Halak deserves the #2 spot from last years performance and has done nothing to lose the spot this year. The future clearly belongs to Price but I don't think that time is now.

There is no benefit to carrying Price to start the season. Huet will get the bulk of the early games and having Price sitting on his keester won't do any good. Price's time will come when Huet either inevitably wears down or gets injured. I love Huet but I think he should only play 55-60 games max and then he would be be good for the play-off's. Halak deserves the #2 spot from last years performance and has done nothing to lose the spot this year. The future clearly belongs to Price but I don't think that time is now.

I give up. Either way to me, it's win, win. Stay or go, it will be good all around.

Looks Like Mr. Gainey reads my Posts

JK :D , I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote from Bob- “I believe a young goalie can develop either in Hamilton playing a lot of games, or here in a back-up role,” added Gainey. “We have two available goalie positions: the No. 2 job here in Montreal and the No. 1 job in Hamilton. Both have room for a goalie’s growth.”

Guest 1970 Habs

If Price stood on his head I might have disagreed. I agree in 1-2 years the future will be Carey Price

Price is either a starter in Montreal or in Hamilton. He will not be a back-up to anyone as that would set him back developmentally.

He does not need to be the starter in Montreal.

He needs to play at least 25-30 games if he is the back-up.

If he goes back to Hamilton he will definitely be the starter. You do not make the kid #2 when he was the Calder Cup MVP.

...And he also thought we should draft Angelo Esposito. ;)

If there's one thing I'll give Roy, it's his knowledge about goaltending. He's studied and perfected the position to the point where every young goalie tried to copy his style. In Esposito's case, the kid played for him and wanted to play for the Habs... he was simply looking after his player's best interest in my opinion. What does he have to gain with Price? Nothing at all... unless he's aspiring at coaching the team one day, knowing that Price will be the goalie. :D

Archived