The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

pierrehoude

Who do you think will be the best rookie this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Calder ?

• Carey Price
    • Patrick Kane
    • Other

Price has single handedly won most of the games for Canada in the tournament no matter what anyone says he is the best goalie at the Junior level and he is gonna to be very very solid at the NHL level when he comes up.

Guest TheBlaster

I can't wait to see this guy in a Habs uniform...he's gonna be a franchise goalie. I hope he plays a season or two in the AHL so I can watch him play in Hamilton though. :D

He may way be the next face of the franchise, the same way Patrick Roy was. Can't wait for all these young prospects to come up...Price, Lapierre, Chipchura, Kostitsyn....the future is looking mighty bright in Montreal!

Guest noob616

it was funny watching pogge stink it up at the spengler cup! ironic isn't it? pat quinn gets fired and still gets to coach him! like in the final against HC DAVOS - switzerland when he missed the puck playing it i laughed and laughed and laughed some more!

i say enuf Pogge! THE PRICE IS RIGHT!

Guest thefooligan5

I could have sworn Huet was in nets for the canada/usa game. what cool price held throughout the game. fantastic positioning, feet movement, reactions. My oh my, I can't wait to see what he will become. apart from looking pretty bad in the shootout, as another poster said, he made one more save than the other guy.

Guest eaglesmaster

I don't think many people will disagree with Bob Gainey's decision to take Price 5th overall, if he has another spectacular performance in the final versus Russia.

Guest Greek Hab
ohh theres nothing special about him! he waas horrible at the spengler cup!

He was in nets for us in the WJHC last year. And we won gold then. Give the guy a lil credit becuase if you watch any of those last years games, you'll see that he does have good potential. Yes he's not playing well now, but he is a good goalie. Goalies have their ups an downs. But for the time being, Price is the far better goalie!

Carrey is working extremely hard and I love seeing this from any player and it’s peculiar that he doesn’t appear hassled out or anything, he does reflect off Huet in some way considering he’s calm and everything, but it’s obvious that Price is going to earn something from this especially if he survives finals.

Guest noob616
He was in nets for us in the WJHC last year. And we won gold then. Give the guy a lil credit becuase if you watch any of those last years games, you'll see that he does have good potential. Yes he's not playing well now, but he is a good goalie. Goalies have their ups an downs. But for the time being, Price is the far better goalie!

i did watch and the so-called "shutout streak" isn't really merited. in the final the russians scored in the finals but it did not count because the russians didn't ask for a review.

Archived