The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Carey Price

pierrehoude

Who do you think will be the best rookie this year?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the Calder ?

• Carey Price
    • Patrick Kane
    • Other

Guest brand--x

Carey Price gets named MVP and goaltender of the tournament, im so proud of him, and as the announcer from TSN Said: ''The montreal Canadiens fans must be pretty excited''

well i am.

way to go Carey!

The price is right!

Guest TOHABSfan16

I gladly admit I my anger might have been misplaced when the front office drafted this kid. See I'm not to much of an egomaniac to admit I was wrong :D

Guest Greek Hab
i did watch and the so-called "shutout streak" isn't really merited. in the final the russians scored in the finals but it did not count because the russians didn't ask for a review.

:confused: Your rebutal makes no sense:?: Where did I talk about any shutout streak or the Carey Price save in between the pads:?:

Guest ChitownHabby

MVP!MVP!MVP! That's great news! He sure shoved that down some of our doubting throats didnt he?:oops:

Great news for the Habs, the plan seems to be coming together, Aebischer gone this deadline or offseason for a center hopefully, Danis as backup next year, Huet gone after his contract, Danis starts, Price backup and 3-4 years from now we have our #1 goalie, Carey "Name your" Price.

Guest feistyboy27

Pricey sweeps the goalie awards, he wins tournament MVP which is of course all players, he wins best goaltender, and he wins all star team goaltender, best of all of course Canada wins and Price was a huge part of it. GO CANADA AND PRICE!!!

Guest Greek Hab

Big win for Carey and of course Team Canada. Carey wasn't playing well last year, but all is forgotten. Carey played to the best of his ability from the start of training camp, 'till to the end of the gold medal round. Big props. for Carey.:resp:

Guest feistyboy27
MVP!MVP!MVP! That's great news! He sure shoved that down some of our doubting throats didnt he?:oops:  

Great news for the Habs, the plan seems to be coming together, Aebischer gone this deadline or offseason for a center hopefully, Danis as backup next year, Huet gone after his contract, Danis starts, Price backup and 3-4 years from now we have our #1 goalie, Carey "Name your" Price.

I respectfully disagree somewhat with that. I dont see Danis ever being a "starter" for the habs, even a short term. At best he is a very short term backup. Halak is probably more in the plans of the team to be in the NHL at some point then Danis is. I also think Price will be the teams starter in 2 and a half years time, and if he isnt it will be because Huet is still the starter.

Guest ChitownHabby

Thats interesting you say that...I have wondered for quite some time why Yan Danis doesnt seem to fit into the habs long term plans? Every time I see him play he is calm, poised and solid but not spectacular, he has a good pedigree and has succeded at every level...what am I missing?

I just can't understand what it is about him that doesnt make him a good prospect. If you know more please enlighten me.

hmm maybe not such a bad pickup. His stock has defeinately just risen with the World Juniors. Even if both Halak and Price work out, good trade bait. Brule (who most people wanted) hasn't done anything this year in the NHL. Of course he's still young, just saying. With hindsight though, Kopitar looks like he would have been a fine pickup.

hmm maybe not such a bad pickup. His stock has defeinately just risen with the World Juniors. Even if both Halak and Price work out, good trade bait. Brule (who most people wanted) hasn't done anything this year in the NHL. Of course he's still young, just saying. With hindsight though, Kopitar looks like he would have been a fine pickup.

No one was talking about Kopitar at the draft when the Canadiens drafted Price. Many were saying that we should have drafted Gilbert... what's his name again? :D :twisted:

Seriously though, great performance by Price but let's not get carried away. If you look at the goaltenders who wore Team Canada's jersey at the World juniors, not many have become dominant goalies. I'm far from saying that Carey will not be dominant, but I'm stating that it's still early in his development and there are no guarantees.

What an accomplishment though. First all-star, goalie of the tournament and tournament MVP! He made all Habs' fans and all Canadians very proud! :clap:

No one was talking about Kopitar at the draft when the Canadiens drafted Price. Many were saying that we should have drafted Gilbert... what's his name again? :D :twisted:  

Seriously though, great performance by Price but let's not get carried away. If you look at the goaltenders who wore Team Canada's jersey at the World juniors, not many have become dominant goalies. I'm far from saying that Carey will not be dominant, but I'm stating that it's still early in his development and there are no guarantees.

What an accomplishment though. First all-star, goalie of the tournament and tournament MVP! He made all Habs' fans and all Canadians very proud! :clap:

Exactly, and we are very lucky that he'll be given all the time he needs to develop because there is absolutely no shortage in goalies for the future. it's kinda...nice.

Guest feistyboy27

At worst next year Price will be the backup to Cedric Desjardins on the Cincinnati Cyclones. At best he could even be backup to Halak with the Hamilton Bulldogs, but that is only if Aebischer is not resigned. So I suppose whether Aebischer stays in Montreal will decide whether Price is backing up Desjardings with the Cylones next year or backing up Halak with the Bulldogs.

Great WJC for Carey Price and even sweeter when he was name MVP and Top Goaltender for WJC.Can't wait to see him with Habs in few years.I will be going to see him this month when he comes to Prince George for two game set.

Guest habs domination
At worst next year Price will be the backup to Cedric Desjardins on the Cincinnati Cyclones.  At best he could even be backup to Halak with the Hamilton Bulldogs, but that is only if Aebischer is not resigned.   So I suppose whether Aebischer stays in Montreal will decide whether Price is backing up Desjardings with the Cylones next year or backing up Halak with the Bulldogs.

i will guarentee you that he will be splitting time in nets whenever he plays next year which is most likely going to be in hamilton....we didn't draft this guy so he could sit the bench in the minors....could even get a crack at the back-up for the habs if aebi is not around......what a tournament and what a pick this guy was.....he will prove himself one day

WEEEEEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDS. Wow what a great way to finish off the tournament with a three peat as Gold Medal Champions. Canada looked like they had a fire lit under them today they had trouble scoring in the Semi-Final against the U.S.A and then in this game they were just firing the puck into the net. Carey Price with the Tourny MVP and boy did he deserve it making 2 huge saves against the Russians and what was prolly a gamesaver on the Russian breakaway chance where he came up huge. If this tournament is any indication of what this guy is capable of then I can't wait to see him next year where he will hopefully be with the Bulldogs. The one thing that really got under my skin was the fact that the Russian forward Cherepanov was the top forward when that award clearly should have gone to Johnathan Toews but w.e I guess it's all political. Anyways it was a great tournament for Canada and I can't wait till next year's tourny. I'll be celebrating this one for a couple of weeks to come lol.

Guest noob616
:confused: Your rebutal makes no sense:?:  Where did I talk about any shutout streak or the Carey Price save in between the pads:?:

i was talking about Pogge last year.

Archived