• B.Geffrion
    • J.Plante
    • T.Blake
    • P. Roy
    • K. Dryden
    • J. Béliveau
    • L. Robinson
    • Other...

WHO IS THE GREATEST HABS PLAYER OF ALL TIME?

I've added some choices to your poll including the option "Other" since there are so many to choose from. ;)

Guest Dintrox12

I voted for the rocket... I m a big dryden fan by my avatar, but you talk about one player that personified what it means to be a hab and I would say the rocket..

What a lot of greats to choose from?? can't dis anyone on their choice :)

Guest StratfordStreak

I go with Lafleur for the same reasons as above.

I do think Doug Harvey should probably be added to the main list though since he is generally considered the 2nd best defenceman to ever play the game.

I voted for the Rocket Richard, not only for what he did for the Canadiens, but for what he did for the entire league and mostly, for what he represented and stood for an entire nation in Quebec. The man was bigger than life both on and off the ice. The same can't be said about any of the other players on that list, although I loved each and every one of them.

I voted for the Rocket Richard, not only for what he did for the Canadiens, but for what he did for the entire league and mostly, for what he represented and stood for an entire nation in Quebec. The man was bigger than life both on and off the ice. The same can't be said about any of the other players on that list, although I loved each and every one of them.

Ditto, ditto, ditto

Guest Oatmeal777

I'm not very old so I don't remember seeing any of them play (I saw our last cup final when I was a kid, don't remember much).

I voted Lafleur just for his quick ascent to 1000 points and for his legendary legendariness. Actually it was a toss up between him and Richard.

JL:

I couldn't have said it better myself. This guy was hockey's ultimate thrill producer and the Habs ultimate warrior. He was a reluctant cultural icon and hero (as I can personally attest - the "I retired before you were born" comment he made to me when I first met him-showing his deadpan sense of humor in the process with a straight face and half a smile), though, because he did not care too much for the politics. He did want people to recognize his hockey exploits. He just got caught up in all the rest. He did not ask for the role of cultural icon. He was thrust into it by a people desperate for a leader. My personal experiences meeting and talking with Richard tell me that he was a good man, but well grounded enough despite his fame that he didn't go too much for hero worship and cultural icon status. He saw his hockey as a job, and one he felt obligated to do to the best of his ability. All the rest came as a result of this sense of obligation and desire to succeed.

Guest habs_fan1160

I voted the Rocket because he's everything the Canadiens stand for.

If it weren't for him, we would lose a lot of history/stanley cups and a lot of classic character.

I never got the chance to see him play, with the exception of short video clips, but I've always loved this guy.

He did more for the Canadiens than any other player ever has and probably ever well, he was a great asset to the league, really opened their eyes and made hockey what it is, and he was a leader for the French speaking Canadian's.

This guy accomplished so much by being just a "steel worker and hockey player", I have nothing but respect for him.

Guest Oatmeal777

It's funny, some of the guys on that list would be, on other teams, the franchise player of all time hands down. For us though, they're a dime a dozen :) lol.

Archived