The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

71 Patrice Brisebois

maximus123

:o geez why are we wasting time with guys like brisebois?? if gainey actually falls through and gets breezer than i have less respect for gainey.

Well then less respect you will.

If Gainey thinks that the addition of Brisebois could help the team, then I trust him. It could open up some trade possibilities too, for Dandouillon. He has a better hockey mind than most of the people on this forum.

Anyways, when you think about it, 700K can turn out to be a huge steal. And if he falters, you know you only have him for a year ;)

I wouldnt say Gorges plays a similar style to dandenault or streit. I also wouldnt say brisebois is better than either streit or dandenault. At $700k he's a much better deal than dandenault, but if they were both making that money, not sure which one id pick.

Well, the fact is, they don't make the same amount. Who would you take; Breezer @ 700K or Dandenault at 1.7?

Well, the fact is, they don't make the same amount. Who would you take; Breezer @ 700K or Dandenault at 1.7?

Isnt that obvious from what I said?

Thats why i said if they were making the same amount Id have a hard time choosing. Since they're not, the cheaper of the two (since neither would be playing a pivotal role on our blueline anyway) is a much better choice.

Guest f30marco

If Gainey thinks that the addition of Brisebois could help the team, then I trust him. It could open up some trade possibilities too, for Dandouillon. He has a better hockey mind than most of the people on this forum.

Anyways, when you think about it, 700K can turn out to be a huge steal. And if he falters, you know you only have him for a year ;)

true, but thats just the mentality that keeps us at .500! why not pay cote to play for us. he's ready and he cant posibly do that much worse than brisebois! i trust gainey in certain aspects of the game but i dont know, i think gainey was a better GM in the old NHL. i dont really like brisebois but my statement was for pointed at "guys like brisebois" including brisebois. it seems we are getting extra's and depth players and frankly im tired of it.

Guest CanadianMike

I am still scratching my head with this news. If you would have asked me what ex Hab do you think would be back...Brisebois would be one of the last players I would mention. I don't hate him, but really....bringing him back doesn't make any sense. The guy got boooood so bad here as a Hab (not many players can say that).

We have enough Dmen that can do better than this softy would. DON'T DO IT BOB!! Let him go somewhere else or he can retire all together.

Guest CanadianMike
he certainly is no worse than souray was defensively.

yeah but will he do what Shelley did offensively?

hello? I can't hear you. :rolleyes:

Guest f30marco
he certainly is no worse than souray was defensively.

possibly but the thing is, when mclaren took zednik's head off what did brisebois do? when armstrong creamed koivu against the boards what did souray do? i would rather overpay souray than bring back brisebois. IMO of course ;)

Guest rosalie52

Dandouillon? Who's Dandouillon? :P

Guest A Semin
:o geez why are we wasting time with guys like brisebois?? if gainey actually falls through and gets breezer than i have less respect for gainey.

Our defense is very weak and Gainey thinks there's a spot for Brisebois in there.

Guest raydourque
yeah but will he do what Shelley did offensively?

hello? I can't hear you. :rolleyes:

i don't believe i said anything about what he could do offensively. ...hello :rolleyes:

obviously with a possible move like this, guys like gorges, dandy and possibly boullion are not being thought of by gainey

to be strong enough support back there, no?

why bring a guy that's 36 years old back when they have some good young up'n comers?

Guest rosalie52
I am still scratching my head with this news. If you would have asked me what ex Hab do you think would be back...Brisebois would be one of the last players I would mention. I don't hate him, but really....bringing him back doesn't make any sense. The guy got boooood so bad here as a Hab (not many players can say that).

We have enough Dmen that can do better than this softy would. DON'T DO IT BOB!! Let him go somewhere else or he can retire all together.

He could go with... the Panthers.

Guest f30marco
Our defense is very weak and Gainey thinks there's a spot for Brisebois in there.

and how is brisebois going to make it that much better? if gainey thinks its going to help, fine, but i most certainly dont think it will.

Guest f30marco
i don't believe i said anything about what he could do offensively. ...hello :rolleyes:

obviously with a possible move like this, guys like gorges, dandy and possibly boullion are not being thought of by gainey

to be strong enough support back there, no?

why bring a guy that's 36 years old back when they have some good young up'n comers?

i totally agree with you.

I wouldnt say Gorges plays a similar style to dandenault or streit. I also wouldnt say brisebois is better than either streit or dandenault. At $700k he's a much better deal than dandenault, but if they were both making that money, not sure which one id pick.

like I said earlier the only way this is good, is if BG has something in the works to get rid of the Redundant dmen. maybe Gorges doesn't have the offensive mentallity as the other two, but what I was getting at, is that they are all very weak on the body and non stop the other teams from running our goalies or can stop a power forward from skating in or have any ounce of team toughness.

Guest HokusPokus#8

From http://www.spectorshockey.net/rumors.html

LE JOURNAL DE MONTREAL: reports Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey was recently spotted at a local restaurant with former Habs defenceman Patrice Brisebois, and it's believed Gainey has offered Brisebois a one-year, $700K contract.

Yes, yes I know that Brisebois rumours are already running rampant all over the boards but I find it interesting. If a trade doesn't happen i'll be extremely surprised.

Brisebois could be an amazing 4th-5th-6th D-Man.

Guest ChrisGoalie39
Souray wont be missed. We have Hamrlik on our side now he can replace Souray but now we will a good solid defencemen instead of Souray who was probably one of the worst defencemen ever! :angry:

Easy now, although he wasn't that strong on defence, he had a HELLUVA SHOT and was the man always being looked for on the PP. Souray will be missed for that.. but we are also happy he is gone due to his pour play on defence.

Guest f30marco
From http://www.spectorshockey.net/rumors.html

LE JOURNAL DE MONTREAL: reports Montreal Canadiens GM Bob Gainey was recently spotted at a local restaurant with former Habs defenceman Patrice Brisebois, and it's believed Gainey has offered Brisebois a one-year, $700K contract.

Yes, yes I know that Brisebois rumours are already running rampant all over the boards but I find it interesting. If a trade doesn't happen i'll be extremely surprised.

Brisebois could be an 6th,7th,8th D-Man

Brisebois could be an 6th,7th,8th D-Man??????i think you meant to say Brisebois could be an 6th,7th,8th D-Man!!!

I like this move. I don't know if he'll be signed, but I think Brisebois would look really good beside Hamrlik. He won't be counted on to be the #1 dman like he was before, and Hamrlik and him should compliment each other well. This team needs offense, and Brisebois is probably the second best UFA offensive defensman after Berard. Personally, I'd be perfectly happy to see him here. But that does create even more of a logjam in the bottom spots.

Archived