The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs 2007-08 Broadcasts

franck5890

Guest Twenty Two

You can go to the CJAD 800 website to listen to the games, also, NHL Centre Ice Online is having a free preview till Oct. 4th or something, and you can catch a few games on that by signing up (it's absolutely free, really)

I thought there were 5 pre-season games (out of 8) available. We saw the first two against Pittsburgh on RDS and the game against the Islanders in Moncton was on NHL Centre Ice online free preview. The game this Friday against the Islanders at the Bell Centre and the game on Saturday, September 29th in Ottawa are also available on the Centre Ice online free preview, I believe.

Guest jennifer_rocket

Man, that NHL free online Islanders/Habs game from two days ago was horrendous quality. Once you maximized the wee, little videof eed to full screen (as I could find no middle ground option) the video was awful, awful, awful. Did anyone else have this problem? I wasn't able to increase the size of the feed, by say... half... It was full screen or itsy bitsy screen. Not to mention, the announcing was brutal. I s'pose I'll watch it again tonight, but does anyone have any tips for improving the feed?

Guest Malarkus
Man, that NHL free online Islanders/Habs game from two days ago was horrendous quality. Once you maximized the wee, little videof eed to full screen (as I could find no middle ground option) the video was awful, awful, awful. Did anyone else have this problem? I wasn't able to increase the size of the feed, by say... half... It was full screen or itsy bitsy screen. Not to mention, the announcing was brutal. I s'pose I'll watch it again tonight, but does anyone have any tips for improving the feed?

well I watch the Ott vs Was game last night and it was actually good compare to the game in Moncton

Guest jennifer_rocket
well I watch the Ott vs Was game last night and it was actually good compare to the game in Moncton

Hmm, perhaps the next one I watch there will be better. Unfortunately that won't be tonight as apparently they've pulled the plug on the Islanders/Habs game due to "limitations" with Bell Centre webcasting, or something stupid. Oh well, CJAD, here I come!

For online streaming the video "quality" was actually pretty good. The camera work etc, left something to be desired, but what do you expect from a game broadcast from Moncton. Anyways, by "wee little" do you mean the screen showing 4 boxes? There are 3 ways to watch. In the "4 boxes screen", in the "Maximized screen" and finally "Full screen". I typically chooe option 2 (maximized). it makes the screen about 1/4 size of the monitor. The space occupied by 4 tiny screens, becomes just one decent sized screen. The option is in the top right corner above the viewer.

Tips to improve the appearance after that include:

1. If possible, hook your computer up to a tv and watch on there. TV's have a naturally lower resolution than computer monitors. The lower resolution clears up the picture somewhat since it isn't capable of showing every little imperfection.

2. If the tv thing isn't an option, try lowering your monitor resolution. Same principle as the tv. Lower resolution = smoother picture.

Guest jennifer_rocket
For online streaming the video "quality" was actually pretty good. The camera work etc, left something to be desired, but what do you expect from a game broadcast from Moncton. Anyways, by "wee little" do you mean the screen showing 4 boxes? There are 3 ways to watch. In the "4 boxes screen", in the "Maximized screen" and finally "Full screen". I typically chooe option 2 (maximized). it makes the screen about 1/4 size of the monitor. The space occupied by 4 tiny screens, becomes just one decent sized screen. The option is in the top right corner above the viewer.

Tips to improve the appearance after that include:

1. If possible, hook your computer up to a tv and watch on there. TV's have a naturally lower resolution than computer monitors. The lower resolution clears up the picture somewhat since it isn't capable of showing every little imperfection.

2. If the tv thing isn't an option, try lowering your monitor resolution. Same principle as the tv. Lower resolution = smoother picture.

Oh man, I couldn't even figure out the "maximize" option and just had it full screened the entire game. Full screen was awful. I'll have to pay closer attention next time. Thanks!

http://islanders.nhl.com/team/app?articlei...mp;service=page

i guess we will listen to the radio :unsure: lets just hope rds finds out about this and decide to broadcast the game on tv for there loving fans :D

Hmm that's strange that they cite "broadband limitations" at the Bell Centre as being the reason the game can't be shown live, YET it is going to be made available online tomorrow afternoon.

Does anybody here that's somewhat technically inclined know what's meant by "broadband limitations"?. The Bell Centre, which is supposedly one of the most technically advanced buildings in Montreal, has "broadband limitations" yet the Moncton Colisium the other night didn't? Maybe someone who knows a little more about this can explain... :D

Guest PrimusPilus
I am already seeing the Ice!!!!

Yes it is free.

Go to NHL.TV

then choose link to open,

then choose center ise. It will ask you to register. There is a choice that is called early bird. Choose it and fill out the form. Doesn't want CC info. Until Oct 9th, the site is free.

I am stoked!!!

So, I did as you suggested and the next game showing is the Saturday game between the Bruins and the Leafs, no game for tonight listed at all. Am I missing a tab somewhere?

So, I did as you suggested and the next game showing is the Saturday game between the Bruins and the Leafs, no game for tonight listed at all. Am I missing a tab somewhere?

No, read previous posts. The game has been removed due to bandwidth issues!

Is tonight's game broadcasted on RDS? Or elsewhere beside nhl.tv? Im stuck at work until tomorrow morning and all i have is bell expressvue.

Someone can answer that please? I'm having problem registering on nhl.tv! It says that Imust be on my physical address to be able to subscribe and it doesn't work (or making sense :P) since I've entered my current address...

Thanks,

Eric

That sucks. I was thinking about ordering centre ice online, but considering they removed a game already because of "Bandwidth limitations", forget it. They just lost me as a potential customer. It's hilarious that they offer a "free preview" and then cut the game! Ridiculous!

Just got off the phone with Rogers. They will carry RDS HD. It will be included in the 7.99 package with TSN, Sportsnet etc. It will cost an extra 7.99 for these group of HD channells. Well worth it for RDS HD. The customer service rep wanted me to upgrade, I said I will wait till RDS is there in HD, not a minute before will I upgrade

Yeah, RDS in HD on Rogers

That's very good news if that's indeed true. I'm not saying I don't believe you, it's just that I've gotten three very different answers each time I called Rogers to ask about RDS HD. I'm thinking the only way I'll know for sure is to look for the channel on October 3.

Guest GoHabsGo57
Is tonight's game against the sens being shown anywhere?

centre ice online?

centre ice cable?

rds?

ris?

any ottawa networks?

No its not on tv anywhere. RDS missed the boat on a potential big Saturday night audience here. :angry:

**** Bob Gainey's Jersey Retirement on February 23rd (Columbus at Montreal) has been added to the Hockey Night in Canada schedule!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/tvschedule.html

Finally, CBC is starting to wake up!

But look right above that, they have the Toronto game at the same time. You are in Cornwall, I'm guessing you get the Leafs game like I do. And although the new director of CBC Sports said it's going to be changing, I'm not sure if the national game is still always Toronto.

Also the NHL's new scheduling format completely screwed up Hockey Day In Canada:

Detroit at Toronto (afternoon)

Montreal at Ottawa (7)

Edmonton at Calgary (7)

Colorado at Vancouver(10)

So once again Toronto gets favoured. Even though they get the worst time spot (afternoon) they'll be the national game. Montreal at Ottawa will only be seen in Eastern Canada.

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
But look right above that, they have the Toronto game at the same time. You are in Cornwall, I'm guessing you get the Leafs game like I do. And although the new director of CBC Sports said it's going to be changing, I'm not sure if the national game is still always Toronto.

Also the NHL's new scheduling format completely screwed up Hockey Day In Canada:

Montreal at Ottawa (7)

Edmonton at Calgary (7)

So once again Toronto gets favoured. Even though they get the worst time spot (afternoon) they'll be the national game. Montreal at Ottawa will only be seen in Eastern Canada.

i live in the east:D I have all the cbc channels anyways so..

Guest GoHabsGo57

Montreal at Ottawa (7)

Edmonton at Calgary (7)

I have satellite so I get every CBC channel, but when I had cable, we had CBC Montreal and CBC Ottawa both on our channel list.

I have satellite so I get every CBC channel, but when I had cable, we had CBC Montreal and CBC Ottawa both on our channel list.

Oh ya satellite gets them all. When I had digital cable, I had like 8 CBC's, but none were Montreal or Ottawa. So every time I had to watch Leafs (always national game), except once I got a break when the Nova Scotia CBC decided to show Montreal vs Pittsburgh.

Archived