The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs 2007-08 Broadcasts

Guest jennifer_rocket
Dare I ask.... will tomorrow's game be *anywhere* sigh....

Yep, that's definitely one big resounding *sigh*

I guess we'll all be CJADing it again tomorrow afternoon and 3pm!

Guest IhateToronto

Sorry for creating a new thread, but I think this warrants it:

After months of calling Rogers and being told either 'I don't know' or 'I'm sure they'll add it' I've finally received the following email that Rogers that they have NO DATE for when RDS HD will be available in the Toronto area. This is a huge pain for me, and I'm sure others. Rogers has plenty of bandwidth in Toronto, so that's not an issue. I'm already paying $6.99 extra a month for a package of channels I don't want just to get regular RDS and the signal looks terrible. If you want to help convince them that there are Habs Fans in Toronto who would like to be able to watch their team in HD, please email customer service and tell them this: rogerscabletv@rci.rogers.com

It would be greatly appreciated!

Original Message:

Thank you for taking the time to write to us, we appreciate your use of

online customer service.

In your recent email, you are inquiring about programming of RDS in HD.

Unfortunately, we cannot give you a date on when RDS will be

broadcasted in HD. Be assured that we are constantly upgrading and

increasing our programming options and attempt to keep our current and

potential customers up to date of these changes on an ongoing basis.

We are pleased to have been able to address your inquiry. For additional

information please visit our website at www.rogers.com.

You are a valued customer and we thank you for your business.

For future reference with respect to this e-mail, please quote reference

number XXXXXXX

Regards,

XXXXXX

Rogers Online Customer Service http://www.rogers.com

Guest d80jcrant

Below is a letter I just wrote to Rogers, They can call my bluff if they like. I hope they don't though. LOL. We all should keep writing Rogers so we can get RDS HD no matter what area you live in. I am going to write them every hour while I remember until I hear back.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in regards to RDS in HD. RDS starting on October 3rd 2007 will be offering a HD channel. Bell Expressvu already has a channel assigned to it. After numerous phone calls I have yet to get confirmation if and when Rogers will be carrying this channel. I live in the Kanata area and would like to know when Rogers will be carrying RDS in HD. I am a loyal customer to Rogers and have my home phone, internet, and cable all with Rogers. Right now my monthly bill is $201.45. I regretfully inform you that not carrying RDS in HD is enough to make me switch providers for all three services as I am a very loyal Montreal Canadien fan. Even if in means adding the other HD package for $7.99 to get RDS in HD it is well worth it for me.

Thank you for yor time in this matter and I Look forward to a response of when and how much RDS HD will cost me. Like I said earlier, I WILL have RDS HD one way or another, meaning with Rogers or someone else.

Guest matt_the_fan
Below is a letter I just wrote to Rogers, They can call my bluff if they like. I hope they don't though. LOL. We all should keep writing Rogers so we can get RDS HD no matter what area you live in. I am going to write them every hour while I remember until I hear back.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in regards to RDS in HD. RDS starting on October 3rd 2007 will be offering a HD channel. Bell Expressvu already has a channel assigned to it. After numerous phone calls I have yet to get confirmation if and when Rogers will be carrying this channel. I live in the Kanata area and would like to know when Rogers will be carrying RDS in HD. I am a loyal customer to Rogers and have my home phone, internet, and cable all with Rogers. Right now my monthly bill is $201.45. I regretfully inform you that not carrying RDS in HD is enough to make me switch providers for all three services as I am a very loyal Montreal Canadien fan. Even if in means adding the other HD package for $7.99 to get RDS in HD it is well worth it for me.

Thank you for yor time in this matter and I Look forward to a response of when and how much RDS HD will cost me. Like I said earlier, I WILL have RDS HD one way or another, meaning with Rogers or someone else.

Threats, threats... :P

Guest d80jcrant
Threats, threats... :P

I bet Bell here in Ottawa would love to win me over and offer me all kinds of goodies to switch. They have already tried several times. LOL. Copetition is always in consumers favour

Guest IhateToronto

As Talon has so helpfully observed, obtaining RDS HD outside of Quebec, is not as important a cause as say world peace or child poverty. But then nothing discussed here is, except perhaps 'Should Carey Price play in Hamilton or Montreal?"

However, unlike the intractable problems mentioned above, if enough people contact Rogers and ask for RDS HD, there's a reasonably strong change they will offer it. I posted here, because I don't regard this as my own personal problem, but rather one that effects the many thousands of Habs fans who live outside Quebec, in Toronto and elsewhere across the country.

If this matters to you, then please drop Rogers Customer Service an email or a phone call and let them know:

1-888-ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771)

rogerscabletv@rci.rogers.com

http://www.rogers.com

d80jcrant: Thanks very much for replying -- here's hoping you're watching RDS HD in Kanata soon.

thanks --

As Talon has so helpfully observed, obtaining RDS HD outside of Quebec, is not as important a cause as say world peace or child poverty. But then nothing discussed here is, except perhaps 'Should Carey Price play in Hamilton or Montreal?"

However, unlike the intractable problems mentioned above, if enough people contact Rogers and ask for RDS HD, there's a reasonably strong change they will offer it. I posted here, because I don't regard this as my own personal problem, but rather one that effects the many thousands of Habs fans who live outside Quebec, in Toronto and elsewhere across the country.

If this matters to you, then please drop Rogers Customer Service an email or a phone call and let them know:

1-888-ROGERS1 (1-888-764-3771)

rogerscabletv@rci.rogers.com

http://www.rogers.com

d80jcrant: Thanks very much for replying -- here's hoping you're watching RDS HD in Kanata soon.

thanks --

The problem is all these complaints go to customer service reps making $10 an hour, not anyone who has any actual power to change things. Now maybe they report it and maybe someone in head office takes notice, but chances are the customer service reps just write a nice sounding response and not a whole lot happens.

Guest overlords
The problem is all these complaints go to customer service reps making $10 an hour, not anyone who has any actual power to change things. Now maybe they report it and maybe someone in head office takes notice, but chances are the customer service reps just write a nice sounding response and not a whole lot happens.

The only thing that ever really gets through is when you call and you demand to speak to a supervisor, then you ask for their boss and their supervisor until you get high enough and then you let it rip. I work at a call center that does surveys and we get some complaints. I know how this works lol :P

But look right above that, they have the Toronto game at the same time. You are in Cornwall, I'm guessing you get the Leafs game like I do. And although the new director of CBC Sports said it's going to be changing, I'm not sure if the national game is still always Toronto.

Also the NHL's new scheduling format completely screwed up Hockey Day In Canada:

Detroit at Toronto (afternoon)

Montreal at Ottawa (7)

Edmonton at Calgary (7)

Colorado at Vancouver(10)

So once again Toronto gets favoured. Even though they get the worst time spot (afternoon) they'll be the national game. Montreal at Ottawa will only be seen in Eastern Canada.

I don't know how the CBC will decide to distribute their games this year when they have more than one scheduled in the same time slot, but this really shouldn't be an issue anymore. CBC has stated that it will stream all games it broadcasts on their website which means people can pick which one they want to watch. Not to mention you can get a variety of CBC affiliates with digital timeshifting packages. Living in Kingston, CBC usually gives me the Leafs game or Senators game in the alternative on my local affiliate (CKWS). But since I have ExpressVu, I can easily flip to channel 206 which is CBC's Montreal affiliate (CBMT) and watch the Habs game there if they are showing it (if not, RDS on channel 123). But it is good that they have added the Gainey number retirement ceremony and game to their broadcast schedule since they dropped the ball with Serge Savard's last year and especially with the Bernard Geoffrion one two years ago which were both on Saturday nights.

Guest hwy19man

But look right above that, they have the Toronto game at the same time. You are in Cornwall, I'm guessing you get the Leafs game like I do. And although the new director of CBC Sports said it's going to be changing, I'm not sure if the national game is still always Toronto.

True, but in Saturday's Globe and Mail, William Houston writes, "Mr. Najak says he wants to broaden the appeal of Canada's NHL teams beyond their regions."

Only way for that to work is to have the Leafs be regionalized every Saturday except when they play the Habs. :P

Here is the link to the article, http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...ry/GlobeSports/

Guest hwy19man

**** Bob Gainey's Jersey Retirement on February 23rd (Columbus at Montreal) has been added to the Hockey Night in Canada schedule!!!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/tvschedule.html

Finally, CBC is starting to wake up!

Yes indeed they are waking up. Let's keep on complaining everyone to get more games added. The Capitals, Rangers, and Kings games are prominent games that should be shown on HNIC!

Any news on webcasts for tonights game other than CJAD? Perhaps there's a video feed somewhere?

I don't think so, but am not certain. The Canadiens and/or RDS aren't producing a broadcast and I don't think the Bruins are either since NESN is their rights holder and they're most likely showing the Red Sox game tonight.

The only thing that ever really gets through is when you call and you demand to speak to a supervisor, then you ask for their boss and their supervisor until you get high enough and then you let it rip. I work at a call center that does surveys and we get some complaints. I know how this works lol :P

I used to work at the same type of place, and that never went anywhere either. They'd ask to talk to our supervisor (aka - a 19 year old kid making $12 as opposed to the normal $9 an hour) - and after that there was no one to talk to. No one important was around and just because you ask doesn't mean someone has to let you higher up. At call centers you can always talk to a supervisor, maybe a local manager, but beyond that, you're not getting anywhere. In particular, you are never going to talk to the CEO of Rogers just by asking up the chain.

I don't know how the CBC will decide to distribute their games this year when they have more than one scheduled in the same time slot, but this really shouldn't be an issue anymore. CBC has stated that it will stream all games it broadcasts on their website which means people can pick which one they want to watch.

Well sort of. Yes you can pick a game you want to watch, but broadband is never as clear as cable, and personally I hate watching games on my computer, I really prefer sitting on the couch in front of a TV. Don't get me wrong, this is a step in the right direction and it's a service I will use, but it doesn't mean we should just ignore the TV broadcast part of HNIC

Not to mention you can get a variety of CBC affiliates with digital timeshifting packages. Living in Kingston, CBC usually gives me the Leafs game or Senators game in the alternative on my local affiliate (CKWS). But since I have ExpressVu, I can easily flip to channel 206 which is CBC's Montreal affiliate (CBMT) and watch the Habs game there if they are showing it (if not, RDS on channel 123).

Not everyone has digital cable or satellite, I don't right now. But even when I did last season, I had 8 CBC's, and even when CBC had the Habs, I never got to see them play. It was always the Leafs on every CBC (satellite is different though since they have to carry every locality due to the lack of ability to regionalize)

Archived