The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Habs 2007-08 Broadcasts

Guest Bender

Finally some information! I was just going to send some e-mails about this!

Good of Pat to mention this. I can understand that their focus should be HD, and even though I can't recieve RDS or even HD on my TV, it makes sense.

Hopefully it comes soon ^_^

Guest den0923
Just called rogers th rip off artists...

RDS HD is active as of yesterday,,,channel 673

You must pay 6.95 a month for the french Variety pac it gives you 5 french channels RDS being one of them...I will just watch in regular vision on channel 41 in the ottawa area.

I am not about to pay rogers more

Woodie: Channel 673 is RDS in standard definition. It's the same as Channel 41. It's not the high-definition version of the channel.

I have RDS on bell express vu, last wednesday I got RDS-HD at no extra cost. Let me tell you WOW!! what a difference. All the Habs games including playoffs in HD. Can't wait to see the boys hoisting the cup in HD.

Guest dhenry1234

No RDS online streaming is bad news for me :angry:

I'm stuck with Cogeco in Ontario which gives me only a little bit of CBC coverage and TSN coverage. Too bad eh, I really had my hopes up to catch some online games this season.

Perhaps later in the season.

If someone knows if Cogeco CAN hook me up with RDS, let me know :lol:

Guest Habsy1

HEY! What's up with the score clock/bar (AKA "the bug") on RDS? Watching tonight's game against Toronto and the period clock seemed to be ahead of the actual time remaining. For example time would run out in the period and then 15-20 seconds later you would hear the horn sound to end the period. And they don't even show how much time is remaining in penalties. It was the same in the Carolina game on Wednesday. They spent all this money upgrading their equipment to HD and building a brand spanking new studio set for Alain, Benoit, and Jacques and they can't even get the times to appear properly on the score bug. Hopefully this gets corrected by Wednesday's game in Pittsburgh.

Guest Varrus

Yeah, I really hate that RDS doesn't include the penalty time countdown. What's up with that? :huh:

I also really hate that I can't get a straight answer out of Rogers on whether they plan on offering RDS HD anytime soon. :angry:

Guest Shaister

I'm stuck with Cogeco in Ontario which gives me only a little bit of CBC coverage and TSN coverage. Too bad eh, I really had my hopes up to catch some online games this season.

I thought you can get RDS through one of Cogeco's digital packages. I have cogeco but not digital. I think RDS is available in one of the francophone packages.

Guest IhateToronto

Rogers is now saying it's decided against RDS HD at this time:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread...0285&page=4

Meanwhile Bell, Cogeco, Videotron and I believe even freakin' Star Choice are carrying it, or have announced plans to do so:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/2024/206/

What's particularly irritating is that in large markets like Toronto, Rogers has more capacity that it knows what to do with. the Satellite providers are essentially out of space so they have to make some tough choices when it comes to adding new channels... Rogers has the technical advantage and yet still lags.

I was very excited about watching almost all the Habs games in glorious HD...thanks Rogers.

I am with Cogeco in SW Ontario and I have RDS. You need to get French variety pack #2 with their digital cable... just give them a call.

...It's not cheap :(

Rogers is now saying it's decided against RDS HD at this time:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread...0285&page=4

Meanwhile Bell, Cogeco, Videotron and I believe even freakin' Star Choice are carrying it, or have announced plans to do so:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/content/view/2024/206/

What's particularly irritating is that in large markets like Toronto, Rogers has more capacity that it knows what to do with. the Satellite providers are essentially out of space so they have to make some tough choices when it comes to adding new channels... Rogers has the technical advantage and yet still lags.

I was very excited about watching almost all the Habs games in glorious HD...thanks Rogers.

What the bloody hell?! :angry:

Screw Rogers! I'm jumping over to ExpressVu... assuming I can get it in my condominium. :unsure:

Screw Rogers! I'm jumping over to ExpressVu... assuming I can get it in my condominium. :unsure:

Bell ExpressVu is available through something called "TV for Condos" but it is not capable of high definition. Damnit! Looks like I'm stuck without RDS HD until Rogers smartens up and adds it to their service. <_<

Guest ComeBackStanley

aw that sucks:( but at this time i don't have an HD tv so it doesn't apply to me but i really hope you guys who can't can get RDS soon (or other channels running more habs game :@ ) and for those who can at least get regular RDS be thankful, rememeber if you don't have cable you hardly get any :(. but seriously i think i would get HD TV just for habs games :D :D :D

Guest Innis_Mor
I am with Cogeco in SW Ontario and I have RDS. You need to get French variety pack #2 with their digital cable... just give them a call.

...It's not cheap :(

It all depends whether Cogeco pipes RDS to your area or not. They don't to Peterborough, and have no plans to -- "not enough demand".

Hey, all -- do me a favour please and call or email Cogeco and tell them you want RDS in Peterborough will you. :rolleyes: I do, about once per month. Not doing any good to this point.

I suppose a request from Bob "Native Son" Gainey might carry more weight! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest twist_and_shout

I ordered the NHL Network last year under the impression that I would get to see more of the Montreal Canadiens. So far, every time I've ever heard them talked about on NHL On The Fly is either after a bad loss or Kovalev drama. I can't remember the last time they ever discussed Montreal after a victory. Today of course, I was expecting to hear something about Montreal's win over Buffalo. Did I get to hear anything about my favorite team? Let's just say a commercial greeted me following the score sheet the NHL is required to play. However, they did have a nice little talk about the Detroit/Phoenix game? Neither of these teams are Canadian! Oh, what's that...NHL Network is now in the states, so that piece of garbage Gary Bettman is going to screw us over again? Somebody murder that midget.

I don't care if I can't speak french, I'm getting rid of the NHL Net. package and getting the french sports package. At least with RDS I actually get Canadiens games and if I really want to, can attempt to decipher what's being said about them during intermissions and gollowing the game. I'm really sick of everything about the way the NHL handles itself. Gary Bettman was never decent enough of a human being to be allowed to interact with human beings, let alone run a sports league watched by a Canadian majority. No more souless, business only, fake faced, finance oriented, rule changing, team moving, American promoting *****. America may have some good players coming out of them now, but that doesn't mean the game will get any more popular than it is now. Bettman should be executed if he goes out of his way to again prevent the Predators from being moved to Canada. The best part about that whole situation is that Bettman likes the idea of a hockey failed market team switching to another market where it will fail instead of giving Canadian fans something to not hate him for. What's that, he also took the Nordiques and Jets from us and put them in the states? What's that? You say the Coyotes have been less popular in an American desert than they were in hockey mad Canada? That's crazy! How could that even be considered a bad move!

Sorry if I went out of line at all. However, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who feels this way...

Guest woodman43

WWOOO im finally getting RDS... i live in Halifax, and all we get is Leafs games.... of course.... but Eastlink has Rds for about 3 bucks a month, aslong as u have ditigal cable, and i cant wait too see the boys in my own house for a change

Guest nwdivision
I did not watch the post game show after the Oilers\Flames game, what will the distribution be for next week's games? Is the Canadiens\Penguins game being televised nationally? I sure hoope so!

Guest hwy19man

I did not watch the post game show after the Oilers\Flames game, what will the distribution be for next week's games? Is the Canadiens\Penguins game being televised nationally? I sure hoope so!

Hate to burst your bubble but, here is some bad news from http://www.cbc.ca/television/saturday.html

Hockey Night in Canada

Tonight, the New York Rangers take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. (In the Montreal area only, the Canadiens play Pittsburgh at 7pm ET.)

Talk about some inept decision making because the CBC has been in love with Crosby so why not show him nationally!

Hate to burst your bubble but, here is some bad news from http://www.cbc.ca/television/saturday.html

Hockey Night in Canada

Tonight, the New York Rangers take on the Toronto Maple Leafs. (In the Montreal area only, the Canadiens play Pittsburgh at 7pm ET.)

Talk about some inept decision making because the CBC has been in love with Crosby so why not show him nationally!

Wonderful. The struggling Leafs against the Atlantic Division's cellar dweller (at the moment). Talk about a compelling storyline :rolleyes:

Not that the Habs have exactly been on fire this season, but their game against the Penguins seems like it is the more appealing matchup. You think they'd at least distribute the MTL-PIT game to the Maritimes because of Crosby, if not the many Habs fans that live out that way. At least they stream the games at their website I guess and if you have the right timeshifting packages, you should be able to get the game. I know I get both RDS and CBC-M on Bell but I'll probably end up watching RDS since it's in HD.

Guest dhenry1234
I thought you can get RDS through one of Cogeco's digital packages. I have cogeco but not digital. I think RDS is available in one of the francophone packages.

I gave cogeco a call. Apparently since I live too close to Toronto, I can't get the quebec package.

Bullcrap.

Guest dhenry1234

They should call it Hockey night in whatever city Toronto is playing in. Because those are the only games aired saturday nights at 7:00-7:30 on CBC

Guest jennifer_rocket
Wonderful. The struggling Leafs against the Atlantic Division's cellar dweller (at the moment). Talk about a compelling storyline :rolleyes:

Not that the Habs have exactly been on fire this season, but their game against the Penguins seems like it is the more appealing matchup. You think they'd at least distribute the MTL-PIT game to the Maritimes because of Crosby, if not the many Habs fans that live out that way. At least they stream the games at their website I guess and if you have the right timeshifting packages, you should be able to get the game. I know I get both RDS and CBC-M on Bell but I'll probably end up watching RDS since it's in HD.

Thank God I'm in Montreal-area!

Guest Tsawwassen

Well, the CBC blew it. I think complaining will do the trick again. Remember last season on Dec. 16, 2006 the national game was supposed to be NY Rangers at Toronto with the Penguins at Montreal being shown in Quebec, Nova Scotia, and PEI. There were many complaints during the week leading up to it and HNIC regionalized the Leafs game to Newfoundland and Ontario (minus the Ottawa Valley who saw Buffalo at Ottawa). The Habs game was televised nationally!

Phone Sherali Najak, Joel Darling, and Scott Moore toll free at 1-866-306-4636.

Archived