The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

2007-2008 Habs Injury Thread

CanadianMike

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/?p=70312270

I think we had one of these last season. Anyways..here we go Brisebois already injured (groin area) :rolleyes: (he will not be at training camp starting tomorrow).

Oh well... that is kind of a bad break on the surface, but it will give other players that chance to play I guess. Hope its only minor for Patrice.

Guest CanadianMike

oh well. Injuries will happen and I don't wish them on any player, but better him then an important player (or a young gun trying to make the team).

media is having a field day with this one already.

Guest Bobineau
Nothing overt yet, but man, they don't need much. In any case, I wish Brisebois all the best in his recovery, even though him being out gives one of our youngsters a shot at playing some real NHL minutes.

Well for a youngster to get real NHL minutes, 2 more dmen need to pull their groin... :lol:

Guest Bobineau
Not necessarily, assuming Streit is used primarily as a forward:

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-Dandenault

Bouillon-???

From what I heard on TV last night it won't be the case this season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest habs_fan1160
I read that as a fractured ankle ( my french is rusty) which means 4 to 6 weeks in my estimation. It doesnt mention which kid will get the call up.

I wonder if it's a bad thing that I take this as good news lol.

Hope someone gets called up with the name Lapierre.

This leaves us four to six weeks to see a younger player in his spot. But get well soon Murray. :)

Guest hatethoseleafs
I wonder if it's a bad thing that I take this as good news lol.

Hope someone gets called up with the name Lapierre.

This leaves us four to six weeks to see a younger player in his spot. But get well soon Murray. :)

Injuries are inevitable. Fortunately its one of our replaceable players. I too wish Murray a speedy recovery. As for speculation as to who gets the call up....let's not forget D'agostino either.

Guest CanadianMike
Hear hear to a quick recovery for Patrice and Garth!

Hopefully Gorges gets a shot soon!

Patrice is NOT injury. The Patrice part was old news. Murray only. I am not sure if they will call a player up (Lapierre) since we have enough players.

Guest hatethoseleafs
Patrice is NOT injury. The Patrice part was old news. Murray only. I am not sure if they will call a player up (Lapierre) since we have enough players.

If its a long term injury then the Habs will most likely bring up a replacement to maintain the 23 man roster. The only reason not to would be Cap issues and we arent in that position. ;)

Archived