The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Mn The Count Down - And More

GIJAYNE

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CAPS-RANGERS PREVIEW:

MatchupTwo days after relinquishing their briefly held perch atop the NHL’s Southeast Division, the Caps will try to get back into the win column with a Sunday matinee match against the New York Rangers. Washington fell 2-1 to the Carolina Hurricanes at the Phone Booth on Friday night, falling out of first in the division in the process.

Injuries

New York Rangers

Defenseman Marek Malik has a knee injury and facial lacerations and is out indefinitely.

Left wing Marcel Hossa has a back injury and is out indefinitely.

Left wing Brendan Shanahan has a hip/knee/groin/hamstring injury and is day-to-day.

Washington

Defenseman John Erskine has an undisclosed injury and is day-to-day.

Defenseman Brian Pothier has an upper body injury and is day-to-day.

Right wing Chris Clark has a groin injury and is day-to-day.

Center Michael Nylander underwent rotator cuff surgery and is out 3-6 months.

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...=2&gnum=844Flyers

Penguins - Tie

Rangers Capitals - Tie

Panthers Sabres -Tie

Guest chocolate

MN Bonus available for 2008.02.10:

...1 or 2 bonuses - if NY Rangers lose to Washingtom

MN Home-Ice Bonus

...2 bonuses - if Philadelphia vs Pittsburgh game ends in regulation

...1 bonus - garantied

TO-NO-GO Bonus

...1 or 2 bonuses - garantied. The amount of bonuses depends on who wins the Florida vs Buffalo game. It is 1 bonus if Florida wins, 2 bonuses if Buffalo wins.

MN pace - 2.2 points per habs game

Next MN milestone: 25 - current Mn forecast: Feb. 29th

Member predictions:

#1 - Mar 1st, vs. NJ (made on Feb.6, MN 46)

Admiral - Mar 3rd, vs. SJ (Feb.6, MN 46)

Chocolate - Feb 26th, vs. Atl (Feb.8, MN 44)

Reached milestones:

MN 125 - Nov.13th, predicted by AK (Oct. 29, MN 141)

MN 99 - Dec.15th, predicted by HLD (Nov. 15, MN 123)

MN 75 - Jan.8th, predicted by HHFR (Dec. 22, MN 99)

MN 50 - Feb.2nd, predicted by mateus (Jan. 15, MN 71)

MN on Oct. 2 was - 165

MN on Oct. 31 was - 139 (drop by 26 in 11 games, pace 2.36)

MN on Nov. 30 was - 113 (drop by 26 in 14 games, pace 1.86)

MN on Dec. 31 was - 86 (drop by 27 in 14 games, pace 1.92)

MN on Jan. 31 was - 52 (drop by 34 in 12 games, pace 2.83)

Current MN - 44 (drop by 8 in 5 games in February, pace 1.60)

Note, the pace of 2 MN points per habs game is the border line between playoffs and golf pastures. If the pace is higher then 2, the habs are heading to the playoffs. If it is less than 2, we are out. If it is exactly 2, it is a tie break situation.

MN forecast by the end of February - 25 (at the beginning of February the forecast was 21, the best is 21 and the worst 25).

Guest chocolate

MNPace_Standings_East.png (Please refresh to see the last update)

When the MN habs400 hits 0 or Montreal climbs to the spot #8 in the Habs 400/750 standing, habs are in accordingly to habs 400 rule.

Guest Cenner Hice
Where the dickens is CH and the Prediction scores the last two days?

Hope he is okay.

Onzeee gets the only point last night with 6 of 8 correct predictions.

He has now climbed to within 1 point of the leaders.

It is getting pretty crowded at the top right now.

I am definitely feeling the heat. :lol:

In the absence of CH here is the up to date MN Prediction Scoreboard............

MNScoreboard-1.jpg

I am sorry but I am not maintaining the Daily Predictions Scoresheet.

Sorry about my unexpected absence. :(

I was in the middle of posting the results from Thursday when the Fan Forum appeared to go down. I tried again later in the day and no luck. I then had to go to Cheshire for the weekend, was hoping I'd have access to the web and no luck.

But I'm back and thank 1970 for keeping up the good work.

Here are the daily predictions results from the last three days:

Predictions7Feb08.jpg

Predictions8Feb08.jpg

Predictions9Feb08.jpg

Guest Cenner Hice

Wow that was a long post... Oops.

Anyhoo, I've just finished watching yesterday's game. Apart from the three early goals (very oops), there was fight and parity for most of the time. Just unconverted chances on our part and Ottawa having the bounce of the puck much of the way. Sad, but not all bad. And Captain K, I think (and agree with HLD) showed more passion than I've noticed in the few recent games I've watched.

My one and only prediction for today is:

Fla vs Buf: Buffy

The other two results look like a Pens win and a tie in Washington (2-2 with not long to go)

Guest Newfie_Gurrl29

Leafs Report

Game Review

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app?gameNum...mp;service=page

Game Summary

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20072008/GS020833.HTM

Newbury To Marlies

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app?article...mp;service=page

Chad Kilger attended the Maple Leafs' skills competition and will be back in the lineup this week. TSN

Antropov Pulls Leafs Over Wings

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=229293&hubname=nhl

Team White Wins

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=352969

Guest hatethoseleafs
MN Bonus available for 2008.02.10:

...1 or 2 bonuses - if NY Rangers lose to Washingtom

Looks like we got 1 point today. Would have been nice if it had not been a 3 point game.

Yup. We noticed that the thread is an extremely active place -- so active that it could be very tough to follow for those of us who can't check in everyday!

The MN is certainly a beacon of light and positivity for quite a few on the forum, and it has become so big that it can benefit from it's own sub-forum. This way, there can be separate threads for the various functions of "MN" -- jeopardy, pick 'em, scouting, etc -- so the entire thing becomes much easier to browse.

Anyways, enjoy. :)

Yup. We noticed that the thread is an extremely active place -- so active that it could be very tough to follow for those of us who can't check in everyday!

The MN is certainly a beacon of light and positivity for quite a few on the forum, and it has become so big that it can benefit from it's own sub-forum. This way, there can be separate threads for the various functions of "MN" -- jeopardy, pick 'em, scouting, etc -- so the entire thing becomes much easier to browse.

Ya, we all realized how popular this thread was, and figured that it may help if you didn't have to post everything in one 300+ page thread up. Hopefully this will let you keep MN a bit more organized while not hurting one of the most popular things on here.

Habs Lovin Dawg has also been given limited moderation privileges to keep the new subforum clean, since most of the moderators do not post in MN.

Guest hatethoseleafs

Moving on up. ;)

Does this mean that predictions and scouting reports need to be in a seperate thread??If that is indeed the case,,, does it go in the Habs forum or around the league??Do we only post relative to the MN number in here from now on??Lots of questions :blink:

Guest hatethoseleafs
Ya, we all realized how popular this thread was, and figured that it may help if you didn't have to post everything in one 300+ page thread up. Hopefully this will let you keep MN a bit more organized while not hurting one of the most popular things on here.

Habs Lovin Dawg has also been given limited moderation privileges to keep the new subforum clean, since most of the moderators do not post in MN.

HLD a mod in training. Better keep my nose clean now. :P:lol::lol:

Moving on up. ;)

Does this mean that predictions and scouting reports need to be in a seperate thread??If that is indeed the case,,, does it go in the Habs forum or around the league??Do we only post relative to the MN number in here from now on??Lots of questions :blink:

Well it's our hope that using seperate threads makes everyones life easier, otherwise there's not much point of the subforum.

Anything directly related to MN goes in this subforum, not General Habs or Around the League

Basically, all this subforum is, is a way to break up and hopefully expand on the current MN Thread, nothing major has changed. If it turns out you don't like it, it can always be removed. But we're hoping this will be a popular idea (we were thinking only of the members with this decision, because quite frankly we don't really care how you organize the thread).

The thread division is really up to Habs_Lovin'_Dag and whoever (if any) he chooses to make his decision with -- so ultimately, it will be up to you guys.

But any threads or sub-threads (like predictions, etc) that result will be left in this sub-forum here so it's all in one place and easy to access. Does that answer the question (if not feel free to ask more that's what we're here for :P)?

Guest hatethoseleafs
The thread division is really up to Habs_Lovin'_Dag and whoever (if any) he chooses to make his decision with -- so ultimately, it will be up to you guys.

But any threads or sub-threads (like predictions, etc) that result will be left in this sub-forum here so it's all in one place and easy to access. Does that answer the question (if not feel free to ask more that's what we're here for :P)?

Yeah i have my stupid hat on today. :P So my understanding is this thread itself can somehow be divided up into other smaller sections for easier browsing purposes. Is that right??

wow

season 1: MN hits 0 for first time

season 2: MN becomes HUGE thread

season 3: MN gets its own subforum

...what happens in season 4?

stay tuned and find out!

w00t!

Guest hatethoseleafs
wow

season 1: MN hits 0 for first time

season 2: MN becomes HUGE thread

season 3: MN gets its own subforum

...what happens in season 4?

stay tuned and find out!

w00t!

Who says progress is bad. I just noticed the 1st sub thread has brought back Jeopordy. Trebec will be happy. :lol:

Archived