The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hes the man,

Price is a baby, yes hes the future, but if we have someone like huet, why rush the kid, he could use as much training before we bring him up to the big leagues

Guest habs_fan1160

I thought Huet had an awesome game last night. He looked sharp, focused and determined. I haven't seen him look that way in net for awhile. He just looked like he belonged there.

Glad he didn't get busted up when he got taken high by the puck.

That's the Huet I remember from 05-06. He's going to be very hard to dislodge from the no. 1 spot if he keeps playing like that.

I think you're going to see Huet make another All-Star appearance this year if he plays like that. he's going in to a contract year so he's going to look to put together career high numbers in all categories.

You people all make me laugh. I'm a big Huet fan myself but you people don't know what u want seriously. Your all crazy over this Price thing and if u go back a few pages in the Huet thread everybody is saying trade him. He plays amazing like he always has been and everybody loves him again and wants him to stay. Boy Montreal Canadiens fans make me laugh.

Guest HuetFan4Life

I kept saying, Huet was an All Star last year for a reason, and everyone keeps saying we should push him out, well who let in 0 goals and made a RIDICULOUS paddle save? Huet. Who let in 2 goals or more? Everyone else. Huet is our man this year. Period. I am not biased at all ;-)

Guest 1970 Habs
You people all make me laugh. I'm a big Huet fan myself but you people don't know what u want seriously. Your all crazy over this Price thing and if u go back a few pages in the Huet thread everybody is saying trade him. He plays amazing like he always has been and everybody loves him again and wants him to stay. Boy Montreal Canadiens fans make me laugh.

Not everyone but many have.

I have always stated that Huet is the #1 goaltender and his play will determine whether he keeps it or loses it.

I do not expect Halak or even Price (if he stays with the team) to start as anything but the #2 goalie.

We ALL make you laugh? There are over 30000 board members and I am insulted by your generalizations!

Guest stevesaku

trading him would be a nice idea...but at this point and time, not so much. price needs a full season in hamilton imo, and halak isnt ready to be a number 1. right now he is our best goalie and he has to be great for us to make the playoffs.

Guest FlHabsFan

Never have and most likely never will see this poster ever mention about trading Cristobal. Some people expect him to play 82 games and get 82 shutouts and even then would say he could do better. Right now he is one of the top goalies in the league as far as ability

I agree!!! Fans have a very short memory or...... Now that they saw him play and they remember he was an all star. But if Price get's one great game Huet will be trash to be walked to the curb.

Never have and most likely never will see this poster ever mention about trading Cristobal. Some people expect him to play 82 games and get 82 shutouts and even then would say he could do better. Right now he is one of the top goalies in the league as far as ability

Huet is great but not a workhorse. I do not think he can play more than 50 to 55 games per year based on his last 2 years with the Habs and that is ok because we have Halak to play the difference

Guest jennifer_rocket

I'm less concerned about Huet being the number 1 for most of the year, then I am with finding out who are backup is going to be. Huet's already only about 2 more solid pre-season games away from asserting himself as the number 1 without question, but who's going to play behind him? Here's hoping he has another stellar game tonight!

Guest habs_fan1160

If these last couple of preseason games have taught us one thing it's that Huet should still be our #1 goaltender. He easily outplayd Price, Danis and Halak.

I think it's pretty fair and safe to say that Huet will be the starter for at least one more season here in Montreal.

Guest NothingGreater

Seriously, this is our man for the season with Halak as back-up. If we put price as second string to Huet he will not get near as much ice time as being first stringer in the AHL. Heck folks, I honestly think we should be sensible and let Price take it one leauge at a time. He did great, yes, but the NHL is a different level all together. And why waste all that talent backing up Huet(the man) when we have HALAK.

Verrrry nice, Halak it!

Realisticly................ Huet has the # 1 job,

Its about a 90% chance that he has the #1 job at the start of the season.

Everyone is in love with price and we have reason to be, hes a great goalie, We could ride him this year, but we would basicly be throwing this year away, for him to learn how to play in the Nhl, seeing as we are the montreal canadians this isnt going to happen.

I do expect we will play him 4-5 games during the season though, As the same crazy things will happen like last year, when we thought whats his name was good, That horrible horirble colorado goalie,

Its the same old here, To much pressure, everyone goes crazy, next thing you know ninimaa is a forward, some dude named halak is in nets.

And so forth..

Im expecting a overall great year from huet, yes he will have his ups and downs, but so will everyone else

Archived