The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

Do you seriously think he's for real.

I think he just had a great november and is at best a top 15-20 goalie.

Your funny... He still had a great save % after that game and thats after letting in 4 goals.

Who would we play if huet wasnt in nets, Abby, abby lets 4 goals in @ 20 shots.

So there would have been about 9 goals tonight if huet wanst in..

He played a remarkable game.

We just sucked the 3rd period we had 8 shots they had 20.

Thats a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

They owned us in the third,

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your funny... He still had a great save % after that game and thats after letting in 4 goals.

Who would we play if huet wasnt in nets, Abby, abby lets 4 goals in @ 20 shots.

So there would have been about 9 goals tonight if huet wanst in..

He played a remarkable game.

We just sucked the 3rd period we had 8 shots they had 20.

Thats a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

They owned us in the third,

I dont know man its not just tonight. Every game it seems like the other team hits the post 2-3 times and Huet has been getting lucky. A lot of times our defense saves him by stopping open net shots. See Koivu tonight, Komisarek the other night vs Minnesota.

He doesnt look like an elite goalie to me.

Guest silversnake
I dont know man its not just tonight. Every game it seems like the other team hits the post 2-3 times and Huet has been getting lucky. A lot of times our defense saves him by stopping open net shots. See Koivu tonight, Komisarek the other night vs Minnesota.  

ever think that huet is covering his angles so well that all he's giving the players is the post to shoot at? I'll be first to be skeptical about Huet because we haven't seen a true REAL season yet but after a rought start in the pre-season he seems to have picked up from last year and how good he was last year :D

Guest habinto

Huet is a big reason why we have such a good record. If we had an average #1 goalie we would have lost a lot more games. Huet is our golden player.

The Hab's team was crap last night - Huet did nothing wrong.

Guest 4beforeorr

Yeah, i guess he could have played better. If he would have scored a couple goal's for us too! Lack of offensive pressure, and 3 straight penalties in the 3rd period is what killed us, not Huet.

ever think that huet is covering his angles so well that all he's giving the players is the post to shoot at? I'll be first to be skeptical about Huet because we haven't seen a true REAL season yet but after a rought start in the pre-season he seems to have picked up from last year and how good he was last year :D

I agree....they are hitting the post either because there is no room besides the post or the players are over thinking and really trying to pick corners cause Huet is so good and then they hit the post...they always say you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good....Huet is that...They are either hitting him or the post but not that back of the net and that is because he is a great goalie

You can't be serious.. The guy stops 44 of 48 shots when the whole team forgets how to play hockey and you pretty much call him bad?

I dont know man I dont know. I'm scared he's back to his october form again. He just looked so slow in his net tonight. He should've had at least 2 of the 4 goals tonight.

I'm scared he's just on a freak run this month...

I dont know why.

Dude u on crack. the guy steps up and does his part and you still wonder about him. The guys got one of the best positiong in the league. you cant win games if you dont score and if he could do that to trust me he would.

HUET ALL THE WAY!!!

Guest habs_fan1160

I think Huet was solid last night - he faced a lot of shots on goal, almost double of what we have I do believe (I don't have the numbers in front of me). Our D pretty much let the Canes walk in and score.

Great effort by Huet last night, it's a shame our offence wasn't a little more powerful.

hey, check tihis out!!!!!!!!!!!

linda cohn from espn:

Never too early to make some predictions

Vezina Trophy

This was a tough call for me, being a former goalie and all. Most would go with Kiprusoff or Jean-Sebastien Giguere. Meanwhile, the Kipper's Flames are struggling at ninth in the West (there is only so much this guy can do). Giggy is having a strong season for the Anaheim Ducks, but it's still not enough for me.

My early pick for the top goalie award is Montreal's Cristobal Huet. Hang in here with me.

I know he hasn't started as many games as the others, but he's a solid 9-3 and is fourth in the league in goals-against average (2.07) and save percentage (.938). And he hasn't started as many games because Canadiens management had to justify their acquisition of David Aebischer from Colorado last March.

I wonder what kind of message that sent to Huet anyway -- "Hey, we don't know if you're for real or not, if you can carry the load for us." Yes, Huet had an up-and-coming season in the 2005-06 campaign, but he had a great postseason (you can't blame him for the Canadiens' postseason collapse vs. the Hurricanes). He does all of this while he knows Aebischer is there, too. He's beaten the Sabres, the East's best team, he's shut down one of the league's top offenses in Atlanta and he shut out the defending Cup champs from Carolina.

Huet doesn't give up bad goals. And he should get more playing time as Aebischer continues to struggle.

this is nice:D :D :D

Guest vegasrick

Yes, if there was ONE positive to take from that shellacking we got from the 'Canes, it was that Huet still stood on his head for us.......again.

Hey, he won't stop every single puck all season, but if the rest of the Habs stop letting the other team waltz right in on him all night, and maybe score a few more themselves, we'll be right back to being a real contender again.

Huet still did his job well. He has become the most consistent Canadien player. I shudder to think what the score would have been if we had any other name in net.

Guest MTLenForce
Huet wins NHL 3rd star of the month!

Truly deserved. If the rest of the team (well, not all the team : some are making efforts) wakes up, Huet will lead the team to the play-offs and hopefully to the final.

Guest NothingGreater

So as I sit here, blaring techno in the background(It helps me relieve pent up emotions, which are more than plenty after this game) and thinking about are overall preformance. Then I recieved an instant msg over msn, from a good friend and a devoted leafs fan. Immediatly he blamed Huet, Huet this Huet than, without Huet we would have been run over, blah blah blah.

He's right y'know? And at this point of my life, I have been choosing which is the best religion, if any, to follow. I have my Crist. I will follow. I believe.

GO HABS/HUET GO

Guest Rainman

Yeah, clutch is a great word in his case... and cool as the other side of the pillow when he's out there. Are there any doubters left? Go Huet!

GO HABS GO !!!

Guest habsFREAK27

Huet huet huet, my dear Huet. Thank you for your great stop during this game because god knows if we would've lost the game 5-1, 6-1? Habs were pretty pathetic in the first and Huet kept us in the game.

Awesome... "Le frenchie a encore dit NON, no goal" 8)

Archived