The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

His game tonight v. the Bruins was probably the first time Ive ever seen him lose his confidence during a game...Murray scored that fluke goal and on the very next shot it was just a easy flip at his glove and he dropped it and looked very shaky...Then they scored on the break-a-way which he had but let slip in and then bang bang to start the 2nd and he was out...

The guy was due for a bad game but 2 things stuck me...

1) Like I said it was the first time I ever noticed him losing his confidence

2) To me it was the best period of the season by the team and he was the one who let them down which is diff. bc he usually saves the team...

He will bounce back ofcourse

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

Well if you ask me the homepage of canadiens.com has worked as a jinx. A few games back they said Perezhogan hasn't had less than a 0 plus/minus rating, what do you know, he's -1 in that game. Tonight they're saying that Huet has been amazing vs the bruins, what do you know, he's pulled 1/2 way through the 2nd. Maybe the homepage should start talking about our opposition instead.

Guest zachary-jean

Rough game tonight...everyine has them, I just hope it doesn't shake him too much. I don't think it will though...hes a professional and knows he wasn't at his best. Good luck next out.

I appreciate all he's given to the team so far and all I know hes going to do!

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1
His game tonight v. the Bruins was probably the first time Ive ever seen him lose his confidence during a game...Murray scored that fluke goal and on the very next shot it was just a easy flip at his glove and he dropped it and looked very shaky...Then they scored on the break-a-way which he had but let slip in and then bang bang to start the 2nd and he was out...

The guy was due for a bad game but 2 things stuck me...

1) Like I said it was the first time I ever noticed him losing his confidence

2) To me it was the best period of the season by the team and he was the one who let them down which is diff. bc he usually saves the team...

He will bounce back ofcourse

How is he due for a bad game when thoses are two things that happened during the game? If there was a reason why he was due for a bad game it was because he had played the last 5 or so games in a row.

Guest habsFREAK27

Huet was tired, saturday's game wasn't easy and 2 goals were really ugly. Abischer didn't do better, some ugly goals... (not blaming goalies, ugly by saying that the goals were "accidents")

I am hoping that comment was sarcastic...cause if it wasnt then thats ridiculous...when a goalie is facing 40-50 shots a game and still some how pulling out the win and maintianing a 92-93 save percentage ...I would say thats good and exactly like Huet...

AS for tonight the bounces werent going his way and he started fighting the puck a bit after some bad luck and like roy_133 said it happens to the best...as we have seen it happen to Roy...he will bounce back and play good next game.

Guest cheerio279

the Cristo-Wall WILL be resurrected, count on it :D anyone who has been watching him since his first start for the habs last year in minnesota knows that NOTHING...absolutely NOTHING, shakes or rattles Huet. His presence in net is everlasting.

Guest silversnake

I know he played well on saturday vs the leafs but honnestly, i really thought he was going to put Aebischer in net tonight to give him a break. I think he really needed it but i believe they put him in net because he's had such success against Boston. No worries, he'll bounce back next time he's in net :D

Bit of a rough one for Huet. I thought he looked really comfortable out there early, flashing the leather on a few occasions, but he looked really irritated after the goals. Probably his poorest showing of the season, but I'm not too worried yet, he's been absolutely awesome before now, and I'm sure he'll bounce back.

Guest habs4life!

2 average games before this one and then a terrible one tonight.

Huet's stats in the last 3 games are scary but not in a good way.

4.52 GAA

0.893 save %

11 goals on 103 shots

:?

Guest NothingGreater
2 average games before this one and then a terrible one tonight.

Huet's stats in the last 3 games are scary but not in a good way.

4.52 GAA

0.893 save %

11 goals on 103 shots

:?

The Sky is falling!

Guest MTLenForce

Maybe he feels the pressure, he wants to be keeping his level at his highest which will be very difficult, maybe he's afraid to disappoint the fans/team.

Anyway, if he really is an elite goalie, he'll have the mental strength to face the pressure, otherwise, he'll never reach the NHL heights. It would have been a bright but short-lived shooting star.

I'm confident. He proved in his carreer that he is mentally solid.

Anyway we've seen yesterday night, that when the goalie is in trouble the team can show their true selves and be domineering. We could (should) have won !

During many games, Huet carried the team on his back ... and now that he is flinching, les boys show their real potential. That's an encouraging sign. this team has a great spirit !

This could be a good season. Carbo is doing great.

GO HABS GO ! You can do it. :punch:

Guest d80jcrant

All great goalies are allowed to have an off night and Huet is no different. He deserves the next start and let him steal a game back for us...Huet is an elite goalie and ill bounce back.

Guest habs_fan1160

Meh, one off night for all the night's he's given us great hockey and an awesome show is nothing.

I don't think anyone in their right mind has the right to complain about his performance last night.

Yeah he was off, but it happens to the best of em.

At least he didn't throw a BF when he got pulled.

Guest thefooligan5

Glad to see that very few people have jumped down Huet's throat after last night's performance. I believe this shows that the greater fanbase has a genuine faith in this man to carry the habs a great distance this season.

The breakaway goal could have gone either way .. he was very close to squeezing the puck ..

The goal from behind the net was weak but could have happened (and has happened) to any goalie in the league.

Not a terrible performance, but I think it is time to give him a bit of a rest because he has carried the team for the past few weeks.

Archived