The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

Guest habs_fan1160

Yeah I would play Huet tomorrow too - if we go to the shootout with the Sabres we have a better chance of Huet stopping shots off of Drury, Afinaganov and Breire than Aebi would.

Tomorrow should be a great game - too bad I have to work but hopefully only for a half hour :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TORHABSFAN

ok lets take it easy on Huet.. Yeah he is not the best on the shoot out.. But we would have not got to the shoot out if it wasn't for him. he had a great game lets not ignore that.

I think tomorrow practise should be enitrely dedicated to training Huet for shootouts.  He's.......just terrible at them.

The first goal was horrible. Hes really weak on the 5-hole but you cant blame him on the slap shot...

Not one of the 21273 fans plus the other fans watching the game on TV was expecting a slap shot. You could tell by his reaction he was like What The ... ?

lol...do you ever read the stuff people write. One day he's the greatest goalie in the league. Then because he let's a couple of goals in a shootout people want to hang him ( well not really )...give the guy a break

Are you saying to me to give the guy a break ??? :D

Cause on the french side, i'm trying to defend him cause someone keep saying that he was very bad tonight and that he lost him confidence...

Guest MTLenForce
Cause on the french side, i'm trying to defend him cause someone keep saying that he was very bad tonight and that he lost him confidence...

Are you kidding me ? he was good. those whiner should realise we were good enough to beat Buffalo and we took 1 point !

hey that was Buffalo. Briere and Vanek (Vanek w/ a surprising move) are pretty good players of the best team of the NHL...

All whiners . give . me . a . break !

Are you kidding me ? he was good. those whiner should realise we were good enough to beat Buffalo and we took 1 point !  

hey that was Buffalo. Briere and Vanek (Vanek w/ a surprising move) are pretty good players of the best team of the NHL...

All whiners . give . me . a . break !

No, i'm not kidding.....

In shootouts, he is 2-3. Not the best result, but not the worst. I don't know why some people say he's terrible. Not excellent, but not "terrible".

Guest mikehabsfan

The shootout definitely was a bust (then again, where were our shootout players?), but Huet impressed me during the regular game. He made some incredible saves in the 3rd and in overtime. Every time he kept making those great saves I kept thinking about how poorly we'd be doing without him (since we wouldn't have even made it to overtime without those great saves, usually made off of a HUGE mistake made by one of our defenceman).

It's hard for me to have many complaints with Huet when he just got a 0.939 save percentage and once again remains at the top of the league. He's also got a good record (11 wins, 6 losses), and if the games weren't initially split between Abby and Huet, Huet would be atop of the "# of wins" list.

At most, you could say Huet needs work with shootouts, but even then, he was 2-2 before tonight and is actually better than most goalies in the league (go check the shootout stats on NHL.com). Heck, even with tonight's shootout loss he's still got a better record than Giguere, who's a killer goalie this season.

And finally, some would argue we shouldn't even have to enter shootout so many times as a team.... in which case, the onus falls on the players to STEP IT UP.

Peace,

Mike.

although he made 31 saves tonight, i was not convinced or comfortable with his play all night, he looked nervous, sloppy, and uneasy.

He looked foolish in the shootout, basically, we lost tonight because Miller was the better goalie.

you too! i was not trusting him tonight as well......

Huet does need shootout work, but it's nothing Rollie can't fix.

I hope so. Huet freaks me a lot whenever we go into a shootout despite that he won the last two shootouts against Florida and Toronto.

Looking at the goals he allowed in the SO, he's got to challenge the player more often and not pull backwards into the crease the way he did on Briere's goal.

Archived