The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just saying that I thought that putting Aebischer in after the win would've been IMO a good choice. The team won the game and Abby got his confidence back infront of the home fans. Huet's been a little under his normal play the past few games. But like I always say, I really don't mind who's in net because they're both great goalies!

This thread is about huet so let's get back to huet!

Guest TORHABSFAN
What game did you watch? if was alright at best...

I agree it was average. he was flopping around and out of postion.. I thought his rebounds improved though..

But 3 goals is not great unless its on 45 shots or something like that. if this is what we call great we need to raise our standards.

Abby was average

Huet is way above average of corse you got to go back to Huet he is the clear number 1.

Guest TORHABSFAN
Abey was more than alright!  He had a good game.  

But I do want Huet back in since he is our #1.

alright, good, average its all around the same thing... But they are all a far cry from great.

Guest keithman

Aebi played pretty well last night, though he still flops around and he kicks out too many rebounds...but at the same time, he's got his eye on the pucks and he's making the saves. Good outing for him.

Huet is the number 1 goalie, definitely. can't wait to see him play tampa tommorow.

go habs go!

Guest TORHABSFAN
Huet hasnt been good in his last 5 games.

2-1-2, a goals against of 3.30 and save percentage of 0.907.

He needs to pick it up.

agreed but if those numbers are not good than how does Abbys game last night when he let in 3 goals on 34 shots be called GREAT.

that makes Abbys stats from that 1 game GAA of 3.00 and a save% of .911 so how is that Great and Huet's not good.

The word is average that is what Abbys game was last night.

As for Huet yeah those numbers are not good for the last 5 but he was good in his last start and he still leads the league in Save %.

So if we can go back to evaulating there seasons and not these small little windows I would describe Huet as Great and Abby as Streaky good atimes very good but more often average to horrible.

Also with in that 5 game window Huet had 1 horrible game that makes the 5 game window look much worse. that is the only Horrible game I can pinn on Huet all year. Abby had 3 games in a row that had me calling for Danis or halak witch is still not a bad idea if we can trade Abby.

Guest MTLenForce
I was expecting that Aebischer would play after his good performance of last night. But I guess the coach wants to make Huet get his confidence back!

Well, last game he had .939 ( read .940 ), It was not a bad game. You stay on a negative feeling because of the shoot out.

Guest habinto

He needs to pick it up.

You cannot judge a player purely by his stats. For examle if a team let's his goalie out to dry the goalie will have bad stats even if he plays great.

Guest habinto
alright, good, average its all around the same thing... But they are all a far cry from great.

There are only a handful of great goalies playing. What are your expectation's of Abey? Like I said before he is playing well enough to be a #1 in the league somewhere

He needs to pick it up.

lol, that's a pretty horrible analysis of the statistics.

He hasn't had 5 bad games, he had ONE bad game which brought down the average of the last 5.

Huet's last 5:

Oh, and why did you limit it to 5? Why not show his 6th game?

Save%: 1.000

GAA: 0

:D

Guest habinto
lol, that's a pretty horrible analysis of the statistics.  

He hasn't had 5 bad games, he had ONE bad game which brought down the average of the last 5.

Huet's last 5:

Oh, and why did you limit it to 5? Why not show his 6th game?

Save%: 1.000  

GAA: 0

:D

Thanks Yukon!! Your analysis is beautiful and clearly shows that Huet is performing well. Every goalie will have a bad game. Even St-Patrick if memory serves me well.

By using a 5 month average the person was trying to mis represent the stats.

Guest habs_fan1160
Thanks Yukon!!  Your analysis is beautiful and clearly shows that Huet is performing well.  Every goalie will have a bad game.  Even St-Patrick if memory serves me well.  

By using a 5 month average the person was trying to mis represent the stats.

Agreed. Even Roy had his off night - it happens to the best of them. There's been no such thing as a perfect goaltender.

But Huet has come pretty close, he bailed us out when 5 million dollar Theo couldn't stop the puck from going in and he's played solid for us this season.

It's totally unfair and unsupportive to take one bad game and call him a "bad" goaltender, when in reality (and the stats back this up) he's anything but.

Huet really saved the club last season and has been strong for us this season. Why not support his great efforts instead of taking one bad game and ripping on it for 3 weeks?

But Huet has come pretty close, he bailed us out when 5 million dollar Theo couldn't stop the puck from going in and he's played solid for us this season.

$5.5 million Theo now, and 6 next year.

God I'm glad we're not saddled with that contract anymore. Instead of a 26th place goalie for 5.5million, we have a #1 place goal for 2.75.

Bob Gainey :thumb:

Pierre Lacroix :itch:

Guest TORHABSFAN
There are only a handful of great goalies playing.  What are your expectation's of Abey?  Like I said before he is playing well enough to be a #1 in the league somewhere

I honestly don't think Abby is good enough right now to be a clear #1 in the NHL in almost any team. A platoon goalie sure but not a clear #1.. Now many of you are going to say Colardo and take a bunch of Theo jabs.. but look at there stats Abbys are not much better at all so that would be a platoon as well. A GAA over 3.00 is not a clear #1 goalie. sorry its not. Can Abby turn it around and be a clear #1 again sure, but he is not there right now and hasn't been post lock out.

Huet is a clear #1 and one of the best in the NHL. There is no comparission here.

Archived