The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
$5.5 million Theo now, and 6 next year.

God I'm glad we're not saddled with that contract anymore. Instead of a 26th place goalie for 5.5million, we have a #1 place goal for 2.75.  

Bob Gainey :thumb:  

Pierre Lacroix :itch:

Yes but...

Pierre Lacroix :thumb:

Rejean Houle :itch:

lol, it evens out for the guy, and i thank him greatly lmao.

Guest TORHABSFAN
Bet you Kings are wishing they still had Huet in their net along with Bonk patrolling the ice.

Bonk came from Ottawa in the 3 way deal the Kings didn't have him.

I said it last year and ill say it again

MIIKA KIPRUSSOFF : 03-04 , comes in halfway through the season, dominates in stats, doesnt get considered for Vezina because he "didnt play enough" , led team to Cup finals

MIIKA KIPRUSSOFF : 05-06, Plays full season, posts outrageous numbers, wins Vezina

CRISTOBAL HUET 05-06 : Comes in halfway through the season , dominates in stats and shutouts in 20 games, doesnt get considered for Vezina because he "didnt play enough", didnt lead team to cup finals but led team TO playoffs ON HIS OWN

CRISTOBAL HUET : 06-05 : Playing partialy full season, OUTRAGEOUS numbers, Vezina Status : Not a MORTAL LOCK, however, top 3 if not top 2 Candidate, (personaly, i cant think of another goaltender measuring up to what Huet is doing for the habs, and that only means : Possible MVP)

Is anyone else noticing the same similaritis between these two?

Guest feistyboy27

There really is no chance of Huet winning the Vezina but I do see similarity to his coming in and Kiprusoff's and what they have done for their respective teams. Very impressive by both.

Guest TORHABSFAN
There really is no chance of Huet winning the Vezina but I do see similarity to his coming in and Kiprusoff's and what they have done for their respective teams.  Very impressive by both.

why is there no chance of huet winning the Vezina? he is leading the NHl in Save % near the top in GAA. great winning percatage. Huet is definatly a top contender right now.

There really is no chance of Huet winning the Vezina but I do see similarity to his coming in and Kiprusoff's and what they have done for their respective teams.  Very impressive by both.

NO chance???

are you MAD?

he just ELEVATED his league leading save percentage tonight and LOWERED his GAA and is an INSANE 12-3-3 and lookin like an mvp more than a vez

and there is NO CHANCE?

You must, you must explain yourself please. AND , Give me the name of a goaltender who is standing out more than Cristobal huet this far into the season

Because if the book is out on Cristobal huet they better be workin on an encyclopedia.

Guest TORHABSFAN
NO chance???

are you MAD?

he just ELEVATED his league leading save percentage tonight and LOWERED his GAA and is an INSANE 12-3-3 and lookin like an mvp more than a vez

and there is NO CHANCE?

You must, you must explain yourself please. AND , Give me the name of a goaltender who is standing out more than Cristobal huet this far into the season

Because if the book is out on Cristobal huet they better be workin on an encyclopedia.

I am with you 100% he is a contender for Vezina, Heart, Jennings and what ever the Save % trophy is. Heck he might end up with the Conn Smythe too!!!

Guest feistyboy27

Not enough games by the end of the year, even if he plays 3 of 4 the rest of the year he ends around 57, if he plays 2 of 3 the rest of the year he ends around 53. Because not enough games not enough wins compared to guys like Broduer and Kiprusoff. That is why I said he has no shot at the Vezina, not because I dont think he could play a good enough year but not enough games or wins. Turco one year had the best SV% and GAA and was easily beat by both Brodeur and Belfour, in fact before the awards the experts were not even seriously considering him against those 2.

Guest Rainman
... if the book is out on Cristobal Huet they better be workin on an encyclopedia.

Had to quote it - tres cool, S_A_6! It's been a long while since we had a goalie we could be this deservedly proud of. Give him all due props, folks. You da' man, Cristo! :bow:

GO HABS GO !!!

Guest NothingGreater

Dedication!

I love it.

I have a feeling that Huet could contend for that award.

Guest feistyboy27
If he plays 50, and posts up those numbers, he wins it

Even if he only wins 30 and not 40, if he has only 11 losses, that wins you a vez, he won best save percentage last year and wasnt considered vez material because of the amount of games, if he does reach 50, he gets it.

Lets look back to 2002-2003:

Marty Turco-

SV%- 93.2%

GAA- 1.72

Games started-52

Wins-31(10 losses, 10 ties)

shutouts-7

Martin Brodeur-

SV%-91.4%

GAA- 2.02

Games started-73

Wins-41(23 losses, 9 ties)

shutouts-9

Ed Belfour-

SV%-92.2%

GAA-2.26

Games started-62

Wins-37(20 losses, 5 ties)

shutouts-7

Those 3 ended up being the 3 Vezina candidates at the NHL awards. However not only did Turco end up 3rd, he was a distant 3rd. 50-55 games and 30-33 wins dont cut it, even with a 93+% SV% and a sub 2.00 GAA for the year.

Guest Montrealer_In_NYC

This guy is so cool. Just awesome, I actually love the fact that he's often snubbed by the LEague (All Star game) and media (Pierre McGuire last year belly-laughing at the idea of Huet being a #1 goalie)

Cris shows up, works hard, keeps his cool and constantly strives to better his game even when he's on top of it all. Has a bad game and gets pulled? - he takes it in stride and glides through the rough patch.

Love this guy. Awesome game last night. Habs may not have deserved the win... be HE certainly did.

Guest habs_fan1160

I think he made something like 41 saves last night - that's pretty amazing.

He played well for us, made some big saves.

My favourite was the last goal that Lecav thought he scored and Huet was waving it off before it even went upstairs.

Now that was a good save by Huet and a good effort to get back across the crease.

Guest Hab_in_Bermuda
Lets look back to 2002-2003:

Marty Turco-  

SV%- 93.2%

GAA- 1.72

Games started-52

Wins-31(10 losses, 10 ties)

shutouts-7

Martin Brodeur-

SV%-91.4%

GAA- 2.02

Games started-73

Wins-41(23 losses, 9 ties)

shutouts-9

Ed Belfour-

SV%-92.2%

GAA-2.26

Games started-62

Wins-37(20 losses, 5 ties)

shutouts-7

Those 3 ended up being the 3 Vezina candidates at the NHL awards.  However not only did Turco end up 3rd, he was a distant 3rd.     50-55 games and 30-33 wins dont cut it, even with a 93+% SV% and a sub 2.00 GAA for the year.

good point, but you have to look in the playoffs as well. Brodeur was sick in the playoffs that year and won the cup, Dallas went out in the second round and Toronto went out in the first round, so I don't it all has to do with games played, but playoff performance as well

Those 3 ended up being the 3 Vezina candidates at the NHL awards.  However not only did Turco end up 3rd, he was a distant 3rd.     50-55 games and 30-33 wins dont cut it, even with a 93+% SV% and a sub 2.00 GAA for the year.

If Huet plays 3 out of 4 games for the rest of the year, he'll finish with 61 games played.

I think he'll probably finish in the high 50's.

Archived