The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest feistyboy27
good point, but you have to look in the playoffs as well. Brodeur was sick in the playoffs that year and won the cup, Dallas went out in the second round and Toronto went out in the first round, so I don't it all has to do with games played, but playoff performance as well

Actually votes for the Vezina are done BEFORE the playoffs, the playoffs bear no consideration to the results since the votes are completed before the playoffs even start. Otherwise I would agree with you.

Guest MTL_RULES
Actually votes for the Vezina are done BEFORE the playoffs, the playoffs bear no consideration to the results since the votes are completed before the playoffs even start.  Otherwise I would agree with you.

I really don't know why some people comment on trophies if they have no clue about them. The Vezina is purely regular season play.

Huet is the only goalie in the top 10 GAA leaders to have faced 30 or more shots on average.

Huet has faced 33.70 Shots on average and has a 2.26 GAA which happens to be 9th in the nhl.

Here are some others who have faced more then 30 shots in the top 25.

Mason: 32.5812 2.53 (15th)

Dipietro: 31.608: 2.78 (20th)

Miller: 31.59629 2.59 (16th)

Emery: 31.0564 2.60 (17th)

Vokoun: 30.96856 2.48 (13th)

Lehtonen: 30.850925 2.86 (23rd)

Khabibulin: 30.29594 2.53 (14th)

Fernandez: 30.1 2.82 (21st)

Lundqvist: 30.014 2.87 (24th)

That is just unreal.

Guest feistyboy27
I really don't know why some people comment on trophies if they have no clue about them.  The Vezina is purely regular season play.

I know that, that is what I was saying. Playoffs dont come into play at all so the fact Turco isnt a good playoff performer meant nothing to his not even coming close to winning the 02-03 Vezina with the same type of stats some are saying Huet would be a lock to win it with.

Guest feistyboy27
Look only reason Brodeur won is because they felt like he shouldve won in years past but Hasek was running away with it every year and then Theo had that freak year in 2001-02 when he had a 0.931 save % by the way and DIDNT win 40 games and still WON the Vezina.

I personally did not think Brodeur, as great as he is deserved either of his Vezinas. As unfortunate as it would be for such a great goalie to have a career of only 2nds and 3rds in Vezina voting I think that is what he deserved since 2003 should have been Turco, and 2004 should have been Luongo. Nonetheless it wasnt. Regarding Turco's stats not being good enough despite the unreal SV% and GAA you are hoping Huet can match, due to only 52 starts and 31 wins which is also probably in Huet ballpark this year, not only was he behind Broduer but he was far behind Belfour. I can try and find the official votes but Brodeur and Belfour both were way out in front of Turco that year.

Huet is the only goalie in the top 10 GAA leaders to have faced 30 or more shots on average.

Huet has faced 33.70 Shots on average and has a 2.26 GAA which happens to be 9th in the nhl.

That is just unreal.

That tells me we're still leaning on him far too much.

Guest 11Koivu

I think right now Olaf Kolzig is facing around 36 shots a game and he's putting up decent numbers also.

Guest Y ASK Y

This quote from John Tortorella cracks me up especially the last part. Go Huet! Go Habs!!

'I'm starting to get worried about my team,' said Lightning coach John Tortorella. 'You need to get rewarded when you dominate the way we did, so I'm frustrated for them. We completely dominated them except for one guy, Huet, and that was obviously the difference.'

Guest Habsfan_11

Huet is amazing. Simply said. He has great positional play, and it seems to be very hard for players to see anything when they're about to take their shot.

Although we shouldn't be relying on him to face 43 shots or whatever it was and only let 2 goals in every night. That's unacceptable. Hopefully the Habs play better tonight!

I came across this on Youtube:

Hip Hip Huet!!!

Awwwww!! Is very cuuuute!! I love it! :D HUET ALL THE WAY!!!

And I don't write about what I think to Huet because I don't very speak english!! :D

Basically folks, the whole theory of him being a one hit wonder is offically being tossed out the window, he is playing even better than he did last year right now, he is 11 - 1 - 1 in his last 12 starts, he's making the big saves multiple times and really helping the team win, not only by stopping the puck more often than not, but also giving confidance to the players in front of him, the team itself truely plays much better, much more relaxed hockey when he is in goal, the defence pinches in, the game is well controlled, and he helps correct alot of the little mistakes.

Guest Hamel-Habsfan
Basically folks, the whole theory of him being a one hit wonder is offically being tossed out the window, he is playing even better than he did last year right now, he is 11 - 1 - 1 in his last 12 starts, he's making the big saves multiple times and really helping the team win, not only by stopping the puck more often than not, but also giving confidance to the players in front of him, the team itself truely plays much better, much more relaxed hockey when he is in goal, the defence pinches in, the game is well controlled, and he helps correct alot of the little mistakes.

you know, this guy started playing hockey when he was 16? and was a second string goalie...i was one of those guys who thought he was going to be a one hit wonder, but man this guy is just amazing. he is so calm in nets, nothing can let him down.

Guest feistyboy27

He had a strong game tonight vs a very dangerous shooting Penguins team. a SV% like he had tonight is below his standard but good considering the Penguins are one of the best teams in the league at converting shots and chances into goals it was very impressive. He keeps himself as an outside shot at the all star game. He is playing very well right now.

Guest thefooligan5
SO GLAD Huet went back to his old pads

i mean if you dont notice a difference, come on.

He didn't go back to his 'old pads,' but merely is using new pads with a similar colour scheme as the pads he wore last year. The red ones from this year are the exact same design as his white ones as far as I can tell. And he played extremely well with his white pads as well. I can't really figure out why he changed them all of a sudden. Perhaps his white ones wore out extremely quickly. You don't usually see a goalie arbitrarily change his pads during a season.

Anyone heard why he has?

He had a strong game tonight vs a very dangerous shooting Penguins team.   a SV% like he had tonight is below his standard but good considering the Penguins are one of the best teams in the league at converting shots and chances into goals it was very impressive.   He keeps himself as an outside shot at the all star game.  He is playing very well right now.

Absolutely. And I really don't think he had a chance on any of the goals. The Cristowall rolls on....

Guest vegasrick
He had a strong game tonight vs a very dangerous shooting Penguins team.   a SV% like he had tonight is below his standard but good considering the Penguins are one of the best teams in the league at converting shots and chances into goals it was very impressive.   He keeps himself as an outside shot at the all star game.  He is playing very well right now.

Good thing, too. The Pens outshot us big time in the first period tonight, and if not for Cristo Wall, we may have never clawed our way out of what could have been a BIIIIG hole.

The stat I like best is that he's 11-1-1 in his last 13 starts. It's the "W"s that count the most. I'll bet Huet would say the same.

Guest thefooligan5

Looking at his SV% may tell someone that he had a less than spectacular game, but when you think that of the three goals he let in, two of them were during a first period in which the habs were outplayed and outshot 17-3.

So I still think he played a damn good game.

Archived