The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

Guest habs_fan1160
Actually, Abby won the first game of our 4 straight winning games (against Boston)

I was talking the last four that Huet has played - not our last 4 in a row.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CristoWallHuet39

I'm not sure it's a good idea to interrupt a winning streak. I'm very superstitious with winning streaks. When we get on one, I think that nothing should change.

Guest natey2k4
I'm not sure it's a good idea to interrupt a winning streak. I'm very superstitious with winning streaks. When we get on one, I think that nothing should change.

Huet didn't even start the winning streak, therefore, its already been interrupted.

I was really surprised to see Huet's reaction after the Sabres' second. To see him jumping around and yelling is not something I have grown accustomed to from our calm, cool and collected cousin.

But considering the play on which Buffalo scored should have been blown dead once Komisarek touched the puck as the Sabres player shot it from the other side of the red line. Komi knew this which led to him getting bodychecked because he was expecting the whistle. Shame for Huet, but it just shows that he didn't let it eat away at him for the rest of the game as he went on to stop 17 third period shots.  

His character is definately comparable to Koivu's. Both amazing men on and off the ice.

I just wanted to comment on what you said here.

The reason why Huet was soo pissed off, Was because the back referee had called the play ICIENG, So he did what he normally does when the team ices the puck, You take it easy as KOMI obviously got to the puck first..

The other ref waived off the iceing, even though the canadians team stopped on the play,

They showed it on the Centre ice package i was watching the game on. Which by all means he does have the right to be upset about. But the announcers did make a good comment you need to play until the whistle is blown.

I thought the same thing, why is he jumping up and down, and then they broke down the goal, and it explained everything

He looked really bad tonight...He made one incredible save but other than that he looked brutal...He was letting up rebounds and none of those goals should have went in except maybe the deflection that went off Bouillions stick...The game winner from the blue line, that should never have gone in, the 2nd goal where Bouillon coughed up the puck he had and let it slip thro him, and the Chistov goal was a great move but there was only one place the shot could have went and Huet went down way to early...Ofcourse all can be forgiven bc he has played great this year, but facts are he was a big reason why the boys lost tonight

He looked really bad tonight...He made one incredible save but other than that he looked brutal...He was letting up rebounds and none of those goals should have went in except maybe the deflection that went off Bouillions stick...The game winner from the blue line, that should never have gone in, the 2nd goal where Bouillon coughed up the puck he had and let it slip thro him, and the Chistov goal was a great move but there was only one place the shot could have went and Huet went down way to early...Ofcourse all can be forgiven bc he has played great this year, but facts are he was a big reason why the boys lost tonight

Funnily enough, the Honour Roll winner on TSN today was a series of saves Huet made last night. I too thought he was just average last night, but when you see those saves on TSN, you realize that he was very sharp at times last night as well.

Sure, it's wasn't his best game (he told it himself) but i don't know if we can blame him for the loss. The third goal was bad, but the team was always on PK and they had only 22 shots on Thomas...that's not enough to win. I'm not trying to find excuses, but that was a team's loss, not just a goalie's loss.

Also, he got a pass on Ryder's goal !!! He now have more points than Downey :D

Yes we can blame him for the loss.

I disagree. I don't know if you've seen the goals he allowed, but two of them were deflections, one was a one-timer from up close on a beautiful feed by Bergeron and Christov's was a highlight reel goal. He played well but was outplayed by Tim Thomas at the other end. It happens.

Funnily enough, the Honour Roll winner on TSN today was a series of saves Huet made last night.  I too thought he was just average last night, but when you see those saves on TSN, you realize that he was very sharp at times last night as well.

Heut didn't play his greatest game but those 3 saves in a row could have easily changed the momentumn in our favor. As a team we didn't take advantage of the chances we had and Thomas as much as some of us don't want to admit it, really played an excellant game. I'm not the least bit worried about last night. When Huet has an off night he comes back better then before.

Guest thefooligan5
I disagree. I don't know if you've seen the goals he allowed, but two of them were deflections, one was a one-timer from up close on a beautiful feed by Bergeron and Christov's was a highlight reel goal. He played well but was outplayed by Tim Thomas at the other end. It happens.

I completely agree.

I can't believe the things I have heard about his performance against the bruins. I thought he played really well. Goals #3 and #4 weren't the prettiest goals for a goalie to let in but I don't think he played terribly. He was slightly out of position on the 3rd goal. A few inches to his left and we would have heard 'Spectacular toe save by Huet!' (and we know how often he has made those so a slight miscalculations on his behalf). The 4th goal was highlight reel indeed.The puck was rolling when he shot it and it just happened to finid the little area above huet's pad and beside his glove. He was obviously POed after the goal because it was so close. He didn't play it poorly though, the player used skill to get to the net and had a bit of luck to get it in the net.

Huet is still tops in my books. Although Abby has done well lately too so I am very much satsified with our goalies right now.

Guest Rainman

Every honest goalie (at ANY level) is going to be po'd at himself whenever he's caught out of position, so to hear Huet say his game vs Boston was lacking is expected. But he remains one of the strongest positional tenders in the league. For the armchairs to say he was "terrible" is ludicrous. :roll:

GO HABS GO !!!

Guest CristoWallHuet39
Huet's gonna play tomorrow against the Capitals

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/219926.html

It also says Abby will be playing against Florida. I don't think that's the right choice, and I hope Huet gets the start for that game as well. Abby can face TB the following night.

Huet had a SO vs. FL last time in a 1-0 win. Abby allowed 4 goals in 2 periods vs. FL last time he played them.

It also says Abby will be playing against Florida. I don't think that's the right choice, and I hope Huet gets the start for that game as well. Abby can face TB the following night.

It says that Abby will get the start against Florida OR Tampa Bay, because it's 2 games in 2 nights

Archived