The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

Guest Habs1969
I don't know if you've been watching the same games I have, but while Abby's style of play may make the highlight reel more often, he also gives some (most?) of us too many heart attack moments.  Huet was as cool as they come tonight vs Carolina. And after tonight's shutout, I believe a lot of fans will be having second thoughts about who should "get the majority of the starts."

GO HABS GO !!!

I pretty much agree with you. Huet never seems to let the pressure bother him and he's much better at not giving up the rebound.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&pa...season=20052006

Interesting little note here. Check out how he started last season; he started his season with a win, a shootout loss, and two regulation losses, allowing 15 goals over the stretch.

This here he's got one win, two shootout losses, and a regulation loss, giving up 13 goals over the stretch.

All hope is not lost yet Habs fans. There's plenty of season ahead for improvement, we can't always expect players to come out of the gate on top of their game. For all we know, Huet could click his game into overdrive like he did after a rough start last year. Don't give up yet!

Just want to bring this little post back for all the previous nay-sayers to read.

:D

We've got a heck of a goaltending tandem at the moment. Let's continue to make the best out of it.

Guest ribz&ryder_connexion

The two goals last night weren't his fault. The first was was a perfect play that I don't even think Brodeur could've stopped. The second, hey even we scored a lucky goal. Glad to see Huet's back and congrats on the shutout :D

Guest KOIVU#11

Huet is doing a great job stringly together a few solid performances. The thing I find about him is he never has to make the spectacular saves becuase its like hes always in the right position. the goals he does let in are usually either garbage, flukes, or highlight reels. You don't usually see him out of position.

Guest 60islove

i feel more secure with Huet in nets. i mean Aebischer has been looking good in the past few games but i remember watching him in Colorado and feeling really iffy about him a lot (maybe 'cause they were coming off Roy) but i still think he's a tad inconsistant. i don't think it's fair to judge which goalie will be number one so early in the season. maybe half way through is more solid basis for judgement. i dont think rollie melanson & company have cast any decisions in stone just yet, i believe they will let this thing play out and make their choice laaaaaater on in the season. OR maybe they won't even give us a solid answer, maybe they'll just keep us in limbo and when it looks like they're favoring one goalie just turn around and do the opposite. God knows, the media would just love that.

Guest TORHABSFAN

Huet is the Number one man!!! That it bottom line.. He had the better year last year, He carried this team into the playoffs. And Huet is playing better right now!

I know we are doing this Huet gets 2 Abby Gets 2 but I wish it would stop. I have been to 2 games this year so far. Oct & in Toronto and Oct 28 in Montreal against Toronto. Now my next game is Next Satuday Nov 11 in Toronto. As it stands its going to be another Abby game.. I will have now scene Abby 3 times and Huet none.

How many games do I have to go to before I get to see huet the Starting Goalie!!

This is driving me crazy!!! After this game I don't have tickets until Jan 27 in Toronto if I don't see Huet then I will Freak!

i feel more secure with Huet in nets. i mean Aebischer has been looking good in the past few games but i remember watching him in Colorado and feeling really iffy about him a lot (maybe 'cause they were coming off Roy) but i still think he's a tad inconsistant.

I agree 100%, Aebischer appears to jump at the puck, he also gives up a ton of rebounds... And as Brodeur said the other day, a lot of times when a team gives up a lot of shots it's the goalies fault for giving up too many juicy rebounds, and I wouldn't be shocked if someone looked it up and found that we give up more shots with Aebischer in nets then Huet...

Huet is calm, square to the puck and I feel so much better with him in... No offense to Aebischer who I like.

Huet is the Number one man!!!  That it bottom line..  He had the better year last year, He carried this team into the playoffs.  And Huet is playing better right now!  

I know we are doing this Huet gets 2 Abby Gets 2 but I wish it would stop.  I have been to 2 games this year so far.  Oct & in Toronto and Oct 28 in Montreal against Toronto.  Now my next game is Next Satuday Nov 11 in Toronto.  As it stands its going to be another Abby game..  I will have now scene Abby 3 times and Huet none.

How many games do I have to go to before I get to see huet the Starting Goalie!!

This is driving me crazy!!!  After this game I don't have tickets until Jan 27 in Toronto  if I don't see Huet then I will Freak!

You get to see 4 Habs games, stop whining.

Guest TORHABSFAN
You get to see 4 Habs games, stop whining.

No I get to see more than 4 Habs games... But you say it as If I am the luckiest guy on earth because I fell into these tickets and now I have no reason to wish things where diffrent.

I spent a tone and I mean a tone of money for these tickets! Money that I don't even have... So yeah I will admit that sure I am happy as hell to watch my beloved Habs. But It would be nice to see Huet eventually!

I think I have the right to wish for that since I spent my self into debt to watch these games.

I don't know about you but I feel a little cheated when you go to the game and you see the back up goalie.

I agree 100%, Aebischer appears to jump at the puck, he also gives up a ton of rebounds... And as Brodeur said the other day, a lot of times when a team gives up a lot of shots it's the goalies fault for giving up too many juicy rebounds, and I wouldn't be shocked if someone looked it up and found that we give up more shots with Aebischer in nets then Huet...

Huet is calm, square to the puck and I feel so much better with him in... No offense to Aebischer who I like.

Huet is getting square to the puck again, at the first of the year he was really off but he is coming in nicely now

Archived