The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

No I get to see more than 4 Habs games...  But you say it as If I am the luckiest guy on earth because I fell into these tickets and now I have no reason to wish things where diffrent.

I spent a tone and I mean a tone of money for these tickets!  Money that I don't even have...  So yeah I will admit that sure I am happy as hell to watch my beloved Habs.  But It would be nice to see Huet eventually!  

I think I have the right to wish for that since I spent my self into debt to watch these games.

I don't know about you but I feel a little cheated when you go to the game and you see the back up goalie.

Aebischer sure doesn't play like a back up.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree 100%, Aebischer appears to jump at the puck, he also gives up a ton of rebounds... And as Brodeur said the other day, a lot of times when a team gives up a lot of shots it's the goalies fault for giving up too many juicy rebounds, and I wouldn't be shocked if someone looked it up and found that we give up more shots with Aebischer in nets then Huet...

Huet is calm, square to the puck and I feel so much better with him in... No offense to Aebischer who I like.

I completely agree...this is exactly how I feel and why i favour Huet in net!!!

Guest ChriS_HigGinS#1

Aebischer might give up alot of rebounds but he also makes the saves and he is aware of what is going on. I find that Huet sometimes forgets that there are players other than the one with the puck trying to score. Any pass across the crease gets him because he never looks to see if there is someone in the slot.

Guest Handlanger
I completely agree...this is exactly how I feel and why i favour Huet in net!!!

Yeah but that is exaclty why it's boring to watch him - we love hockey because it's spectactular, I don't wanna see a team playing slow and consistant, just to win, I wanna see battles, hits, moves, dekes, shots, slaps, and of course spectacular parades. That's why I love Abby...

Guest habs_fan1160

Again, I think we're lucky to have two solid goaltenders.

Huet saved our butt last year when we went through that big "crisis" with Theodore, so he's done a lot for the team.

Huet seems like he has a lot of heart and a lot of respect for the Canadiens organization, he looks proud wearing the CH.

I hope both goaltenders do well for us, we could use the wins regardless of who's in net.

Yeah but that is exaclty why it's boring to watch him - we love hockey because it's spectactular, I don't wanna see a team playing slow and consistant, just to win, I wanna see battles, hits, moves, dekes, shots, slaps, and of course spectacular parades. That's why I love Abby...

Let's not drag nationality in this. -weepingminotaur

i would gladly play a slow and consistant season to win cups, ask the devils how the champagne tastes out of the boring cup.

Guest habinto

i would gladly play a slow and consistant season to win cups, ask the devils how the champagne tastes out of the boring cup.

Yep I agree, it's simple logic - Win the cup using any style/at any cost. I don't care if its boring or not. The Parade won't be boring

Guest Habs1969

I would have absolutely no problem with a 'slow and consistent' winning streak of about ten games or so......

Guest Rainman

The next best thing to a "superstar" goalie (read Roy, Dryden, Broduer...) is a game-after-game consistent keeper who can elevate his game when needed. Huet IS that goalie, and we are very lucky (and VERY happy) to have him. Remember all of those posts bemoaning the "loss" of Garon? Pfffffft! :tease:

I truly believe Huet will continue to shine brighter as the season goes on, and into the post-season, as well. GO HUET!

GO HABS GO !!!

Archived