The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huet was excellent last night.  I think he needs to be the #1 goalie - surely the experiment will end soon?

Yes he was excellent and truely deserve #1 goalie for Habs from his play lately.

Point of interest, amongst the goalies having played a minimum of 10 games this season, Cristobal is now first in the NHL in saves % at .931 and 5th for the GAA at 2.22, trailing only Hasek (Det), Toskala (SJ), Turko (Dal) and Kiprusoff (Cal). :thumb:

Guest lfrommtl
Point of interest, amongst the goalies having played a minimum of 10 games this season, Cristobal is now first in the NHL in saves % at .931 and 5th for the GAA at 2.22, trailing only Hasek (Det), Toskala (SJ), Turko (Dal) and Kiprusoff (Cal). :thumb:

thats all nice but stats mean nothing if the habs don't win

C'Mon Crisobal! keep us in those games and keep playing this well i don't think anyone thought he would be playing this well at the begining of the season we're very fortunate to have solid goaltending from two goalies hopefully abby can turn it around a little

Lol, someone better let Pierre know that if the book is out, nobody has a copy!

Guest Habanero
Cristo will be #1 until he stumbles... then a hungry Aebischer will pounce with something to prove.

I like this situation!

Totally agree with you.... It would concern me a little to have just Huet... I like the idea of having Abby around and play the hot hand...

Individuals will generally have a slump over the whole season and I think having both goalies around gives the team huge confidence.

Who says we need a number 1 if we can afford to have 2?

Anybody else think Huet could win goalie of the month?

Kiprusoff: 6.976667 GP 6-1-0 1.29 GAA 9 goals on 209 shots 0.957 save %, 2 shutouts

Huet: 5.67611 GP 4-1-0 1.59 GAA 9 GOALS ON 198 SHOTS 0.955 Save %, 1 shutout

Raycroft: 3.581 GP 4-0-0 6 goals on 126 shots, 0.952 save %, 1.68 GAA

Dipietro: 5.08 GP, 3-1-1 9 goals on 141 shots,0.936 save %, 1.77 GAA

Toskala: 4.658889 GP 4-1-0 0.936 save % 9 goals 1.93 GAA 9 goals on 141 shots, 1 shutout

Budaj: 3.388 GP 2-2-0 1.77 GAA 6 GOALS on 92 shots 0.935 save %, 1 shutout

Hasek: 5.99 GP 5-1-0 9 goals on 114 shots, 0.921 save % 1.50 GAA, 2 shutouts

Brodeur: 8.1425 GP 6-2-0 17 goals on 208 shots, 0.918 save %, 2.09 GAA

Roloson: 8.117222 GP 4-3-1 19 goals on 267 shots 0.929 save % 2.34 GAA

In my opinion, it'll be up to Kipper or Huet. I hope Kipper gets blown out the rest of the month so Huet could win!

GO HUET GO!

Guest d80jcrant

Well itr looks like Huet is getting back to his old self. Very nice to see Carbo go with him. I so hope he plays another stellar game against the Wild. We need to keep pace with the make Me laughs.

Go Habs Go and I say ride Huet until the habs fails to earn a point in a game.

Guest habs_fan1160

He's ranked 5th on NHL.com, only under Hasek, Emery, Toskala, Kipper. That's not too bad. It's nice to see one of our goalies doing that well, it's been awhile.

I have a lot of respect for Huet, he really saved our butts with the whole Theo situation.

I think we're lucky to have two outstanding goaltenders this year; I'm certainly not complaining.

He's ranked 5th on NHL.com, only under Hasek, Emery, Toskala, Kipper. That's not too bad. It's nice to see one of our goalies doing that well, it's been awhile.

I have a lot of respect for Huet, he really saved our butts with the whole Theo situation.

I think we're lucky to have two outstanding goaltenders this year; I'm certainly not complaining.

5th for GAA and 2nd for save % !!!!!

Is it just me or is it that every goal Huet gets beat by is remarkbly flukey? Tonight they both went off a Montreal stick, and in the Atlanta game the goal just kind bounced off him and off Souray's skate and in... He's almost impossible to beat cleanly.

Archived