The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

That goal he let in was brutal..

But im glad to see him back in

In the back of my mind i was thinking wow i wish halak was in nets..

but................... you had to play him, hes aour all star goalie, true number 1

Would be alot of critics if we didnt play him

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest habsFREAK27

I believe huet was ready but not that ready to play a such brutal last game. The huet we know never would've give up 6 goals, not at the 82th...never.

I am not blaming the goalies though, team overall wasn't disciplined, but halk probably would've done better....even in the loss?

Guest Julie_39
I believe huet was ready but not that ready to play a such brutal last game. The huet we know never would've give up 6 goals, not at the 82th...never.

I am not blaming the goalies though, team overall wasn't disciplined, but halk probably would've done better....even in the loss?

No...I don't think that Halak would have done better than Huet... I think that only the second goals was his fault.

Guest habsFREAK27

well exactly, halak was more into the beat of the *end of the season* than was hueyy. I believe he wasnt completely honest when he said he was ready to play, we definetely saw him less in his top shape at the half of the game. You probably say that since you're a huet fan i believe, because we can almost all agree here, with all the games we've seen halak keeping our crease, halak could've win this for us this game. Huet is not the kind of guy that would give up 6 goals in a such important game. he was, i am sure, not at his 100%...needed more games to get into the nhl beat instead of normal pucks during the practice... 20 mins weren't enough thursday

Guest Julie_39
well exactly, halak was more into the beat of the *end of the season* than was hueyy. I believe he wasnt completely honest when he said he was ready to play, we definetely saw him less in his top shape at the half of the game. You probably say that since you're a huet fan i believe, because we can almost all agree here, with all the games we've seen halak keeping our crease, halak could've win this for us this game. Huet is not the kind of guy that would give up 6 goals in a such important game. he was, i am sure, not at his 100%...needed more games to get into the nhl beat instead of normal pucks during the practice... 20 mins weren't enough thursday

Well I agree...maybe 20 mins. weren't enough for him to get ready for the game and be at his 100 %.

Guest habsFREAK27
I think he meant he only played well in the first period meaning those 20 mins werent enough... He needed a full 60 min effort

1) she

2) i meant after an injury, as a goalie, you need more than 20 minutes (vs rangers) to get into the nhl beat. We saw huet a bit tired at the 2nd period, especially with the intense 1st period. For a such brutal game, I believe huet got a bit rushed

Guest Julie_39
1) she

2) i meant after an injury, as a goalie, you need more than 20 minutes (vs rangers) to get into the nhl beat. We saw huet a bit tired at the 2nd period, especially with the intense 1st period. For a such brutal game, I believe huet got a bit rushed

Ok well...I agree...only if I understand the good thing...lol

Well that doesnt make much sense,

As how do you get more mins, you will have to play nhl games to do so.

It was the correct desicion to play him tonight.

One thing i have noticed, and which i do beleive makes a big difference is hes ALOT bigger then halak, i am actually going to look up the stats now

Guest habsFREAK27

why wouldnt it make much sense? Huet is the same goalie that last season was seriously hurt and got a surgery. Then even before getting on the big club got sent to hamilton to get more pucks from a real game rather than simple practice pucks from your own teamates.

IMO huet needed to get more pucks and ice time from a competive game. That's why I strongly believe that Huet wasn't really in top shape to be god for us.

Guest habsFREAK27
Huet  

6 Foot, 204 pounds

Halak

5'11

171 pounds.

I guess the size isnt in height which i thought it was, Its the 33 pounds extra he has, He looks soo much bigger in the net.

halak is tiny, i was surprised he did that well to be honest

why wouldnt it make much sense? Huet is the same goalie that last season was seriously hurt and got a surgery. Then even before getting on the big club got sent to hamilton to get more pucks from a real game rather than simple practice pucks from your own teamates.  

IMO huet needed to get more pucks and ice time from a competive game. That's why I strongly believe that Huet wasn't really in top shape to be god for us.

How would he get more ice time? I dont understand.

We cant send him to hamilton as he is a all star goalie, he will be picked up through waivers if we sent him down. So that means he would only be able to receive ice time by playing real nhl games. Which is what he did tonight.

Which was the right decision to do, Carbo would have had to have some huge ones to put Halak in again tonight

Guest habsFREAK27

now i see why you didnt understand me by reading the way you replied...

why i came back to that subject is easy: I would've played halak. Huet was just not ready for a come back

you totally missunderstood my point

You being the coach, you have a Goalie was in the all star game this season. He is a all star goalie,

Then you have a hot rookie, its the biggest game of the season, The safe bet is to play your All star goalie.

If halak was in nets tonight and we happened to have loss with the score of 6-5, there would be alot more going on in the news, Papers radio, and so on

Huet in nets was the right move.

Guest habsFREAK27

some media itself said huet probably wasnt ready

it's not about being our allstar goalie or not, is about beeing ready or not. Huet wasn't bright either anyways before his injury. Halak was still in his hot streak minus rangers game. fans media or else has no right to blame neither carbs or halak if they've lost with him. Because after all, without jaro we wouldn't even be in this stressful situation. I wont blame huet that much too, he tried and i am sure really wanted to bring us far, but that's the way it is, he missed some routine stops and meh i wont directly blame him after all he has been to

The media doesnt know if he is ready or not.

The doctor's / Coaching staff / Huet himself knows if hes ready to play

All 3 of the above obviously thought he was, So he played, simple as that.

Seeing that he is our brodeur, we would want to play him as soon as he was ready this is what we did.

There was nothing wrong in the decision making of choosing him to play

Guest habsFREAK27

you're so stubborn, i said nothing was wrong, i believed in shape condition:

huet

simple as that and i dont think you can deny it....i mean huet just came out of an injury!

Even so, Championship game you play your number one guy

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the decisoin 99.9 out of 100 coaches would have doine the same.

Hindsight yes we should have played halak, as who knows what would have happened.

But hindsight would could should have changed alot of things.

aka Samsonov

not trading abbasheir when he was hot.

Guest habsFREAK27

yeah but thats about our own opinions, there always will be 2 sides and on this case, both are kind of right. It is easy to talk when it's done

Archived