The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

Guest FlHabsFan
Yes, he was worth every cent of his 3'000'000 for just one game. hahahahahahha.  

Also big thanks to CarboNO PLAYOFFS.

And if Abby was in net, we would of lost 15-5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ritcey_#12

not many goalies can say they had 20 shots on them in 10 minutes in the first period.. IMO he played well.. Not like he can but he played well..

Its funny how people expect any goalie to do much when 5 of the 6 goals were deflections, and the one goal that wasn't was shot from about 7 feet away.

The goals were wierd, bizzare, and unlucky, the Coliaiacovo goal was absolutley ridiculous, it was a lob, that just went over everything and over Huet's head into the net, he could see nothing.

Either way, i don't care if Moses was in net, the deflected goals were going in no matter who was in net. The question is would the other goalies have kept us alive through that 1st period Barrage? Because i know Huet robbed them of TWO for sure goals, especially the blocker save on Antropov right in front of him, 2 goals that would have been lights out after just 1 period.

Guest TheFly

amazing how he takes Halak out after 3 goals in New York but leaves Huet in for 6 goals. After the 3rd goal you knew Huet wasnt ready for it, Carbo should have taken him out. Huet never leaves his stick on the floor.

Coaching Won the game because Paul Maurice took out Raycroft when he let in the weak goals, we let out goalie stay.

Guest ram84

Huet cant be blamed for the lost, besides the 2nd goal, but he should have been taken out after the 5th goal. Carbo's bad coaching lost us the game.

Dissing Huet of last night? Both the game tying goal, and the game winning goal were screened so he had no idea where the hell it was. Plus, the Coliacavo goal was a flutter shot that no goalie would've knew where it was. The only spot where Huet dissapointed me last night was where he let in the softy when Antropov tipped it through his legs, but other than that, Huet was sharp as a knife.

amazing how he takes Halak out after 3 goals in New York but leaves Huet in for 6 goals. After the 3rd goal you knew Huet wasnt ready for it, Carbo should have taken him out. Huet never leaves his stick on the floor.

Coaching Won the game because Paul Maurice took out Raycroft when he let in the weak goals, we let out goalie stay.

great post!

Guest lisa_11

I wouldn't blame Huet on the loss at all.

Second goal was soft, but the rest were all flukes and deflections.

No one knows whether or not Halak would've played better.

If Halak was in and we lost, would you be flaming Carbo for putting him in, just like some are to Huet?

Guest Ritcey_#12

oh so leaving huet out to dry on the 2 5-3's in the third had nothing to do with it? or letting him take 20 shots in the first 10 minutes of the first period. You guys just go by how many goals were let in. He made so many great saves last night and let ONE weak goal in. Coliacavo's goal deflected off of 2 people. Huet is not the who we should blame. We take way WAY to many peniltys..

Guest lisa_11

Personally, I don't think it was because Halak wasn't playing well, but because it might wake up the team & they might play differently with Huet in. It's been done before.

The obvious reason for this, Is the coach firgured we had already lost the game, in most likely hood we werent comming back. Seeing as that was the case, he was itching to put huet in nets anyways. This was his opportunity to give him a chance and see what he could do before the toronto game, as he was already planning on playing him. Unless Halak came out with another win. Actually even if halak won we would have clinched and then huet would have played.

Halak didnt do a poor job against the nyr, he just wanted to see what huet could do. So he played him there.

Guest saks39

let the bias come out. Ppl are "oh get off halaks case...the goals were deflected etc" huet lets in 6, 5 were deflected or screened and he had 0 hope, even the 1 ONE quesionable goal was deflected twice. He was the only reason we were even in a spot to be in the game and have a chance to get the lead. Stupid penalties and 5 on 3s are the goalies fault? huet was the only reason it wasnt 10-5 for the leafs. Comparing huet getting the yank to raycroft is simply insane. Raycroft was awful, made zero big saves to keep his team in the game and let in awful goals that were not screened. You want a reason to why we lost..how many shots did aubin face? 5?6? and he played a period and a half. The team didnt show up. Huet was more than ready as he stood on his head and stopped everything he saw that wasnt deflected.

Guest keithman

Huet played alright, yea he could've been better, but...he had deflection goals a lot.

Halak has played awesome lately, but his road record was garbage.

Both will fight for number 1 place next year.

both goalies i have confidence in.

I seriously think after Next year we let huet go, as much as i love the guy, we really need to look at the big picture here, with halak,price and desjardines coming up in the near future, goaltending is the last thing we need to worry about, lets sell off sammy and kovy then i will be happy.

As for huets game last night, GREAT JOB...in the first period, other than that he was no all-star hip-hip-huet that we know and love, if we had taken him out after 4 goals we would have won 5-4 and thats the truth

Guest habs fan #1
oh so leaving huet out to dry on the 2 5-3's in the third had nothing to do with it? or letting him take 20 shots in the first 10 minutes of the first period. You guys just go by how many goals were let in. He made so many great saves last night and let ONE weak goal in. Coliacavo's goal deflected off of 2 people. Huet is not the who we should blame. We take way WAY to many peniltys..

Great post

I agree huet was great but, he seemed fatigued after all those shots

should have been taken out not because of bad play but because it was his first game back and he faced a full game of shots in the first period.

Guest FlHabsFan
Great post

I agree huet was great but, he seemed fatigued after all those shots

should have been taken out not because of bad play but because it was his first game back and he faced a full game of shots in the first period.

Agreed.

Guest Huet#39
let the bias come out. Ppl are "oh get off halaks case...the goals were deflected etc" huet lets in 6, 5 were deflected or screened and he had 0 hope, even the 1 ONE quesionable goal was deflected twice. He was the only reason we were even in a spot to be in the game and have a chance to get the lead. Stupid penalties and 5 on 3s are the goalies fault? huet was the only reason it wasnt 10-5 for the leafs. Comparing huet getting the yank to raycroft is simply insane. Raycroft was awful, made zero big saves to keep his team in the game and let in awful goals that were not screened. You want a reason to why we lost..how many shots did aubin face? 5?6? and he played a period and a half. The team didnt show up. Huet was more than ready as he stood on his head and stopped everything he saw that wasnt deflected.

I agree with you 100%. I like the way you said Raycroft made zero big saves. lol.

Guest Huet#39

Aubin was really stupid in his interview. He said "Oh I didn't feel nervous" Me too I wouldn't feel nervous if I got only 5 shots on me and 3 in the 3rd.

Guest Keith

-Huet went down too early on the first goal.

-Huet moved his stick to play the puck, rather then stop the initial shot on the 2nd goal.

-Colaicavo's(sp?) tip-in was cheeky, Huet just had to keep square.

-Huet was on the line, almost inside the net on McCabe's goal from the point.

Some of those weren't entirely his fault, but he's got to take his lumps too, one of those plays being handled with a bit more of the classic "cool like a cucumber" Huet demeanour could've won the game. He did in fact come up short. I'm not blaming him, because the team was exceptionally bad and he made big saves in the 1st, but he still could've done more, or at least not so bad on some of those goals.

If this was Aebischer in net, all 6 goals would be "his fault".

Archived