The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Y ASK Y

Huet played great. There was a couple of flukey goals.

Penalties killed the momentum of the game, the Habs defense and PK did nothing to challenge the laffs (Habs basically let them walk in and play ping pong - goals was bound to be scored), also, I rarely noticed the defense or penalty kill blocking any shots.

Lastly, the whole team from coaching to the players overall went into a panic.

Huet played great considering it was his first game back and such a high pressure game. It was amazing that the laffs only managed 2 goals coming out of the first.

The only thing that I'm kind of agreeing with in regards to Huet being pulled in the 3rd is that he was probably tired as heck from not playing for awhile and facing so many shots in the first.

Anyways, I'd like to see Huet stay with the Canadiens.

Guest Un_Lavalois
Lets blame Huet, and not the Penalty parade that started at the end of the second period into almost 1/4 of the 3rd. that makes perfect sense..

Are you serious?

Guest Janooo
Lets blame Huet, and not the Penalty parade that started at the end of the second period into almost 1/4 of the 3rd. that makes perfect sense..

I do not blame him. I am stating facts. He was tired after the first period. Who wouldn't after so many shots?

There were 4 bodies between Coloiacovo and him on the fourth goal. He went down and to his left to look for the puck. Tough luck ;)

On the last goal he went down but didn't go left to look for the puck. Tough luck again :)

If he switched the move maybe it would've been 5-4. Oh, well :cry:

Guest saks39

mccabes goal was screened, there was traffic. On coliavovos goal he was square, watch the tape, he went down because he didnt see the puck again, once again a fluke. Its one thing to lose a game because of horrible goaltending because you can help that, its another to lose a game because of dumb penalties and bad bounces, which is what happened to us. 5 shots on goal over a period and a half against a cold goalie who hasnt played much over the last 3 months, and its OUR goalies fault? what do you want? we could have had any other goalie, been down 5-0 in the first and it would have been over regardless of what had happened. To even think it was huets fault is just sad, and the easy way of not looking at the grand scheme of the game. when you take a high sticking penalty, a double minor with zeros on the clock to end a period you are up a goal is rediculous. How about huet playing deep in his net because its a PP and he has traffic, or its a 5 on 3. get over it. Its not his fault we lost. bad bounces and horribly inconsistent play from the "team" is why. yeah its huets fault...wow:roll:

And he was tired but theres nothing we could do. He was still our best option. If halak starts we dont get out of the first. And after the first i think you would be insane to pull the guy who single handedly got us out of the period and the playoff hopes alive. the goals werent weak they were bad luck.

Guest CanadianMike

Huet did everything he could last game. Classy man and great goalie...I just can't wait until he can play a full season.

Injuries suck!

Guest habfreak

Next year there should be no "battle between the pipes" thread. If this guy is not made the undisputed #1...I'll seriously re-consider my status as a fan...It was painful to see our all-star spliting games with a below average goalie..and then lose him to injury!

Raycroft's #s are nothing near Huet's...look how the Laughs treated him. I blame atleast 1/3 of our failure on not having a permanent #1.

Guest ram84
Next year there should be no "battle between the pipes" thread. If this guy is not made the undisputed #1...I'll seriously re-consider my status as a fan...It was painful to see our all-star spliting games with a below average goalie..and then lose him to injury!  

Raycroft's #s are nothing near Huet's...look how the Laughs treated him. I blame atleast 1/3 of our failure on not having a permanent #1.

Yes we should have a clear cut #1, but not huet. Hopefully Price will make the team. Let him gain experience like fleury,dipietro, and luongo did. The teams that has these guys just put them in and with experience they got better. I like huet, but he probably isnt our future, so lets start the rebuilding by letting our young stars play.

Guest habfreak
Yes we should have a clear cut #1, but not huet. Hopefully Price will make the team. Let him gain experience like fleury,dipietro, and luongo did. The teams that has these guys just put them in and with experience they got better. I like huet, but he probably isnt our future, so lets start the rebuilding by letting our young stars play.

let's start re-building? I didn't know it was still 1994. And rushing Price in before he's ready might end up in another Raycroft or Cam ward. Why do that when we've Huet? He's not our future..but we can have him for another 2 years. Let's look forward to that..and not look too far ahead!

Guest ram84
let's start re-building? I didn't know it was still 1994. And rushing Price in before he's ready might end up in another Raycroft or Cam ward. Why do that when we've Huet? He's not our future..but we can have him for another 2 years. Let's look forward to that..and not look too far ahead!

Cam Ward, are we talking about the same Cam Ward that led the canes to the stanley cup and won the conn smyth as playoff MVP. In that case i wouldnt mind Price coming in. Huet is a good goalie, but i really dont believe that he is someone that can bring us to the cup. Saturday was a big game, and look how he showed up. The 2nd goal was a just horrible, and mcCabes goal was a wrist shot from far out, that wasnt screened unlike what some ppl in this website are saying. Hey i just want the team to win just like you, i really dont care who leads the team, if its huet then its all good, im just saying, that i dont think he can do it, but if he proves me wrong, then great.

......... Huet is a good goalie, but i really dont believe that he is someone that can bring us to the cup......... The 2nd goal was a just horrible, and mcCabes goal was a wrist shot from far out, that wasnt screened unlike what some ppl in this website are saying. ........

I don't belive Huet is the next coming of Dryden or Roy but he is what we have until something better comes along

PS it sure look screened to me;)

The 2nd goal was bad and Steen's goal was also pretty bad

Guest ram84
I don't belive Huet is the next coming of Dryden or Roy but he is what we have until something better comes along

PS it sure look screened to me;)  

The 2nd goal was bad and Steen's goal was also pretty bad

True he is what he have right now. How many goalies have we gone through since Roy, it sure would be nice to have a steady #1 for years.

True he is what he have right now. How many goalies have we gone through since Roy, it sure would be nice to have a steady #1 for years.

i cant believe people are talking about huet like this...he is an outstanding goaltender!

he has good numbers, and he played well on saturday, except for two goals..

huet is great and we are lucky to have him !

Guest ram84
i cant believe people are talking about huet like this...he is an outstanding goaltender!

he has good numbers, and he played well on saturday, except for two goals..

huet is great and we are lucky to have him !

We're not bashing huet at all. I am just saying that i believe that price and halak should get a chance to compete for the #1 job. I dont believe huet can lead us to the cup. There are a lot of good regular season goalies who dont do great in the playoffs, Cujo and Lalime are good examples.

We're not bashing huet at all. I am just saying that i believe that price and halak should get a chance to compete for the #1 job. I dont believe huet can lead us to the cup. There are a lot of good regular season goalies who dont do great in the playoffs, Cujo and Lalime are good examples.

huet has like 6 playoff games with us...he still hasn't gotten a chance to play deep in the playoffs....i beleive he can do it.

Guest RadioHab

Huet is a great goaltender I think he would be very good wherever he goes. The head scratcher is Halak is just about the same caliber as him and it is safe to say Price is definatly going to take the number one spot not long after he makes the lineup. I say use Huet as trade bait for a good young prospect, lots of teams out there would love to have an allstar goalie. I am sure we could get a solid piece of the puzzle for him.

On the other hand though if BG can't pull the trigger on a deal like that keeping Huet would not be a bad thing either so the way I see it whatever happends with Huet we have the depth in nets to make it work, It is a win win either way.

I guess that could be true,

I wouldnt mind Trading Huet, For a Great Young player..

As it could be the right thing to do, as he is comming off of a allstar year, and he isnt even getting paid that much.

But at the same time, we would have to receive something very good in return.

It would be far different from our past few trades of just dumping players, aka dumping ribs, and dumping theo.

We would like to actually gain something in this trade.

As halak/price/danis/ dejardin could carry the load for us.

But after all that being said, i hope he is not traded, as i really enjoy watching him play.And i highly doubt he will be traded

Huet is a great goaltender I think he would be very good wherever he goes.  The head scratcher is Halak is just about the same caliber as him and it is safe to say Price is definatly going to take the number one spot not long after he makes the lineup.  I say use Huet as trade bait for a good young prospect, lots of teams out there would love to have an allstar goalie.  I am sure we could get a solid piece of the puzzle for him.

On the other hand though if BG can't pull the trigger on a deal like that keeping Huet would not be a bad thing either so the way I see it whatever happends with Huet we have the depth in nets to make it work, It is a win win either way.

halak has played less than 20 nhl games, and you are saying that he is the same caliber as huet?

huet is arguable our best player and he's going nowhere..halak can't be a starter yet..

as for price, he hasn't even played an AHL game, let alone an nhl game....so we still don't know....

Guest habinto
halak has played less than 20 nhl games, and you are saying that he is the same  caliber as huet?

huet is arguable our best player and he's going nowhere..halak can't be a starter yet..

as for price, he hasn't even played an AHL game, let alone an nhl game....so we still don't know....

Yes!! what you said!

Guest Bourne

It is comments like these that drive me away from being a Habs fan sometimes. Last year Huet was our saving grace. Theodore was crushing our hopes of getting into the playoffs and Huet stepped in and basically saved us with seven shut out wins and an endless amount of regular wins. However this year he wasn't able to make the save for a lack luster team and suddenly half the forum turns on him. Would you have last year said Huet isn't a starter goalie? Ha, even Leaf fans thought Huet was fantastic and Habs fans were drooling our what many people thought was the second coming of Patrick Roy. Huet led the NHL as the #1 goalie in Save Percentage before his injury and this year just wasn't our Cinderella story.

Huet is a fantastic goalie and we'd be sorry to lose him but with the way fans have turned on him after one game I wouldn't be surprised if he started thinking "Maybe Montreal isn't the place for me." Fans and the media have driven Koivu to think as such; would you all like to do the same for Huet and leave the Canadiens even worse then they already are?

It is comments like these that drive me away from being a Habs fan sometimes. Last year Huet was our saving grace. Theodore was crushing our hopes of getting into the playoffs and Huet stepped in and basically saved us with seven shut out wins and an endless amount of regular wins. However this year he wasn't able to make the save for a lack luster team and suddenly half the forum turns on him. Would you have last year said Huet isn't a starter goalie? Ha, even Leaf fans thought Huet was fantastic and Habs fans were drooling our what many people thought was the second coming of Patrick Roy. Huet led the NHL as the #1 goalie in Save Percentage before his injury and this year just wasn't our Cinderella story.  

Huet is a fantastic goalie and we'd be sorry to lose him but with the way fans have turned on him after one game I wouldn't be surprised if he started thinking "Maybe Montreal isn't the place for me." Fans and the media have driven Koivu to think as such; would you all like to do the same for Huet and leave the Canadiens even worse then they already are?

thank you !! you are absolutely right....huet is an awesome goalie!

and just because he let in 6 goals the last game, it means nothing...he played incredible !

Archived