The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

Guest gpelous

It is weird... Huet is only 32 and he is an old goalie? Come on guys! His best years are coming! Moreover, even if he has played just 3 seasons or so in NHL, he has plenty of experience between the pipes. He did not begin his career when he was drafted by LA. Swiss League and German League don't worth NHl but they are big leagues and Huet brought both Lugano and Mannheim in the finals.

About Price, would you like him ti be a Thibault like? He was dropped in the NHL and he never succeed. So please be patient with Price. Yes, he is great, Yes, he may be the greatst goalie of the 21th century but give him room to develop

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest habby00

I really like an Huet trade especially if he has a solid year, tack on ryder especially if he has 25-30 goals by trade deadline, package them and get their peak value now because I don't see either one of them as being part of Gainey's future plans and it's not as if we'll be very competitive come playoffs next season, but if all goes well, we'll look good in 3-5.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the past 120 pages or not but I noticed he gets tired very easily out there. I'd be afraid if the habs ever made a run for the cup with him in net.

Guest paul_b
I don't know if this has been mentioned in the past 120 pages or not but I noticed he gets tired very easily out there. I'd be afraid if the habs ever made a run for the cup with him in net.

How does he get tired? I dont' understand how people can see him get tired.

he is our #1 guy and hopefully he will have a great season.

QUOTE(paul_b @ Jun 29 2007, 10:01 PM) 939284[/snapback]
How does he get tired? I dont' understand how people can see him get tired.

I dont know exactly how you mean this, but if you are saying that you dont know how a goalie gets tired, just try to play one game as a goalie and you will know. Conditioning is very important if you are a goalie.

About Huet getting tired, personally I didnt notice that very clearly :huh: .

Guest overlords
When your facing 35+ shots a game, that sort of thing happens from time to time...

Yeah, he's a great goalie but he's no brodeur. He can't be expected to save our sorry butts night in-night out. Have him and price split the season is what I say. Then huet at deadline with ryder like others have said. I'm a huge huet and ryder fan(lol, look at my sig) but sometimes you gotta put the team first and i have no problem doing it to get us a cup for the centennial ;)

Guest habby00

Pretty much! It might not be for the centennial but either way it would definitely get us closer if we can get peaf value for them, it's all about winning cups.

Guest Garthy18
Yeah, he's a great goalie but he's no brodeur. He can't be expected to save our sorry butts night in-night out. Have him and price split the season is what I say. Then huet at deadline with ryder like others have said. I'm a huge huet and ryder fan(lol, look at my sig) but sometimes you gotta put the team first and i have no problem doing it to get us a cup for the centennial ;)

I'd still be gutted, I havent enjoyed watching a habs goalie so much in years, since St Patrick really. But your right ish as long as the return is massive.

Guest FlHabsFan

How many shots does Brodeur actually face a game? The whole success to the devils has been their trap defense. To them, the goalie is the last resort in stopping shots. For Montreal, the goalie is the first and only line of defense the last couple seasons. Id love to see the numbers Huet or Halak could put up with a solid defense in front of them. Hopefully the addition of Hamrlik and other D men will make the other teams offenses a bit more leary.

Would also be nice if our offense could hold the puck in the other teams zone better. How many games last season did we not only get outshot, but embarassingly outshot?

A tough intimidating defense and a consistant offense (and some strong antibiotics and flu shots) will bring us the cup.

Guest paul_b
I dont know exactly how you mean this, but if you are saying that you dont know how a goalie gets tired, just try to play one game as a goalie and you will know. Conditioning is very important if you are a goalie.

About Huet getting tired, personally I didnt notice that very clearly :huh: .

No I didn't mean it like that. I meant it like us as a viewer see him let in a softy once and a while and oops, he must be tired. We have no idea if he is tired. I played net for almost 10 years........it was amazing, and well you don't get that tired.

Last 3 years combined across the NHL:

Goals against average

1. Dominik Hasek, Det (G) 2.08

2. Miikka Kiprusoff, Cgy (G) 2.15

3. Marty Turco, Dal (G) 2.24

4. Martin Brodeur, NJ (G) 2.26

5. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR (G) 2.29

6. Manny Legace, StL (G) 2.30

7. Vesa Toskala, Tor (G) 2.35

8. Chris Mason, Nas (G) 2.39

9. Chris Osgood, Det (G) 2.40

10. Manny Fernandez, Bos (G) 2.42

11. Dwayne Roloson, Edm (G) 2.48

12. Cristobal Huet, Mtl (G) 2.49

13. Evgeni Nabokov, SJ (G) 2.49

14. Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Ana (G) 2.51

15. Tomas Vokoun, Fla (G) 2.54

16. Roberto Luongo, Van (G) 2.56

17. Ray Emery, Ott (G) 2.60

18. Kevin Weekes, NJ (G) 2.63

19. Martin Gerber, Ott (G) 2.65

20. David Aebischer, (G) 2.66

Save percentage

1. Miikka Kiprusoff, Cgy (G) .922

2. Roberto Luongo, Van (G) .922

3. Chris Mason, Nas (G) .922

4. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR (G) .919

5. Cristobal Huet, Mtl (G) .918

6. Dominik Hasek, Det (G) .917

7. Martin Brodeur, NJ (G) .917

8. Tomas Vokoun, Fla (G) .916

9. Manny Fernandez, Bos (G) .916

10. Dwayne Roloson, Edm (G) .916

11. Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Ana (G) .914

12. Manny Legace, StL (G) .914

13. Vesa Toskala, Tor (G) .912

14. Ray Emery, Ott (G) .912

15. Kari Lehtonen, Atl (G) .911

16. Rick DiPietro, NYI (G) .910

17. Ryan Miller, Buf (G) .910

18. David Aebischer, (G) .910

19. Tim Thomas, Bos (G) .909

20. Martin Gerber, Ott (G) .909

Shutouts

1. Martin Brodeur, NJ (G) 28

2. Miikka Kiprusoff, Cgy (G) 21

3. Marty Turco, Dal (G) 18

4. Evgeni Nabokov, SJ (G) 17

5. Roberto Luongo, Van (G) 16

6. Dominik Hasek, Det (G) 15

7. Manny Legace, StL (G) 15

8. Tomas Vokoun, Fla (G) 12

9. Cristobal Huet, Mtl (G) 12

10. Ed Belfour, (G) 11

11. Rick DiPietro, NYI (G) 11

12. Dwayne Roloson, Edm (G) 11

13. Curtis Joseph, (G) 10

14. Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Ana (G) 9

15. Chris Mason, Nas (G) 8

16. Ray Emery, Ott (G) 8

17. David Aebischer, (G) 7

18. Marc Denis, TB (G) 7

19. Kari Lehtonen, Atl (G) 7

20. Marc-Andre Fleury, Pit (G) 7

21. Vesa Toskala, Tor (G) 7

22. Henrik Lundqvist, NYR (G) 7

Source...

Guest Handlanger
Looking forward to another great season by chris the wall huet

I'm looking forward to see Huet play 40 terrific games, and I'm looking even more forward to see Carey Price play 42 amazing games!

Guest FlHabsFan

Expecting a rook with no NHL experience to just come up and play more games then the starter? And what happens to Halak? We proved last season the 2 on 2 off thing didn't work. Cant see it being much better a 2nd time, even with Halak being better then Aby.

I think the horse needs a taxi to catch up to the cart

Guest Handlanger
Expectign a rook with no NHL experience to just come up and play more games then the starter? And what happens to Halak?

I think the horse needs a taxi to catch up to the cart

Yes I do... nobody expected him to ride the bulldogs to the Calder Cup. People even thought it's too early to bring him into AHL, and not only did he handle the job, he did it with the calm of a 10 year veteran. I'm sure he's able to handle NHL.

Halak? Well, as long as he has value, trade him. Or trade Huet and keep Halak as a backup. Whatever, but bring Price in.

Huet will stay here for long time I am pretty sure.

He is a good goalkeeper, unless something happen I see him stay and teach Price how to handle stuff etc... Halak will go before him.

I see Halak second next year, unless something happen.

I think Huet have 1 year left to his contract no ? I am pretty sure we will sign him for another 2 year after that.

Guest Handlanger
Huet will stay here for long time I am pretty sure.

He is a good goalkeeper, unless something happen I see him stay and teach Price how to handle stuff etc... Halak will go before him.

I see Halak second next year, unless something happen.

I think Huet have 1 year left to his contract no ? I am pretty sure we will sign him for another 2 year after that.

I don't think so... it would be stupid if Price is ready.

Guest smoke

Price wont be ready, Gainey isng going to rush to bring in a player who is unproven, There is no way price will be number 1 this year, unless everyone gets injured again..

He will have to come in and start a few games say 5-10, to see how he plays this year, and get him some experience for the following year,

Huet will be the man this year, unless Halak outplays him

Guest Gumper-73

HIP HIP HUET

This guy allowed us to get rid of Theodore and has played his heart out for us. I believe he is a big game goalie. I don't think he can play 70 games though. Hopefully a liitle more rest this season. Halak will provide much less of a high wire act then Abby as a back-up. And if Price is ready then Huet can help shoulder the load and probably won't say a thing about it.

Archived