The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest habs-13

Huet will definetely rebound from his bad second half of the season. This year, he will dominate and hopefully lead us to the playoffs. I like Price an Halak, but listen to this thought. What happens if this year, Huet starts out a little slow, but starts heating up towards December, then leads the Habs into the second maybe third round of the playoffs. I think our team has the potential to make it that far. What should Gainey do? If Huet is playing like a superstar goaltender, which I am confident (or atleast hopeful) that he will, does he resign him? I am a little scared because, what happens if he does play amazingly. Then if Gainey leaves Price in Hamnilton, it will not only be a waste of a year on his entry level contract, but it could be bad for his game. Do you think Gainey would be able to fairly distribute 82 games among 3 goaltenders? Don't forget, we have Halak too. Maybe he should send Halak down and use Price and Huet, but who would be starter? But, if he would allow Price to come up to the NHL, he wouldn't be starting if Huet is playing so well which would make him a backup which is not what he deserves. it's really confusing. Maybe, Gainey should trade Halak after allowing him to play a couple of games so that he miaybe will look a little more experienced. Maybe...

Any thoughts?

Guest 1970 Habs
Huet will definetely rebound from his bad second half of the season. This year, he will dominate and hopefully lead us to the playoffs. I like Price an Halak, but listen to this thought. What happens if this year, Huet starts out a little slow, but starts heating up towards December, then leads the Habs into the second maybe third round of the playoffs. I think our team has the potential to make it that far. What should Gainey do? If Huet is playing like a superstar goaltender, which I am confident (or atleast hopeful) that he will, does he resign him? I am a little scared because, what happens if he does play amazingly. Then if Gainey leaves Price in Hamnilton, it will not only be a waste of a year on his entry level contract, but it could be bad for his game. Do you think Gainey would be able to fairly distribute 82 games among 3 goaltenders? Don't forget, we have Halak too. Maybe he should send Halak down and use Price and Huet, but who would be starter? But, if he would allow Price to come up to the NHL, he wouldn't be starting if Huet is playing so well which would make him a backup which is not what he deserves. it's really confusing. Maybe, Gainey should trade Halak after allowing him to play a couple of games so that he miaybe will look a little more experienced. Maybe...

Any thoughts?

You posted this same thing on "Battle Between the Pipes" Board and I replied there.

Guest sportsfreak_39

Does everyone remember last offseason? Nearly the same amount of doubt and guessing happened then also. Instaed of Huet vs Price it was Huet vs Aebischer and people were seriously considerign Abby for ths starting job. Huet has the talent, yes he was in a slump in the 2nd half, but it was his first year ever as a NHL starter, I hope this year hes trained his body to handle the physical stress, because if he did he has the talent to carry this team like he did for the whole first half.

Guest smoke

I agree, that always upset me the doubt they had in huet, and the whole abby band wagon, as we all know how unfit abby is to be a nhl starter..

But after the injury, and the long rest he has had from the summer break, i think he will be able to come back strong once again!

Hip Hip Huet

Guest Huet#39

Huet was always amazing like that video but last year during the second have of the season the team wasn't playing.He was the only one that was. I used to hear people say "Oh ya Huet sucks they lost 3-1 last night" but what people don't understans is that 1 the team didn't play and 2 he made 50 saves.And for people who actualy watch hockey and know about it if u watch the Huet video that was posted above u can see the way he moves. Personally I've never seen a goalie move that quick and fast. Another thing is with Huet he's smart when it comes to postining and what to do in a scramble. If Montreal would just give him a chance so he can play a whole season u can see what he can really do. Picture the 2005-2006 season this year with Halak backing him up. People don't believe in Huet anymore because they're so crazy over this Price stuff ya he's great but people think he's the next Patrick Roy. I don't know why people want to rush him in the NHL so quickly at 19. Look what happened to all the goalies that were rushed in at a early age. Theodore shouldn't even be playing hockey now he's awful, Cam Ward just as bad, and the pressure of the playoffs was too much for Fleury to handle. Do you really want to waste Price's talent like that.

Guest Huet#39
Yeah, he's a great goalie but he's no brodeur. He can't be expected to save our sorry butts night in-night out. Have him and price split the season is what I say. Then huet at deadline with ryder like others have said. I'm a huge huet and ryder fan(lol, look at my sig) but sometimes you gotta put the team first and i have no problem doing it to get us a cup for the centennial ;)

Ya but the thing is with Huet and Brodeur and even the 2 teams is that:

1 Brodeur faces 20-30 shots a game. Huet faces 20-30 in 1 period sometimes.

2 New Jersey plays trap hockey so as soon as they have a 1 goal lead or 2 goal lead they block the other team so Brodeur gets about 5-10 shots after. Montreal doesn't play trap and they don't have amazing defence so even when they have a lead Huet still faces 10-20 shots more.

Guest 1970 Habs
Huet was always amazing like that video but last year during the second have of the season the team wasn't playing.He was the only one that was. I used to hear people say "Oh ya Huet sucks they lost 3-1 last night" but what people don't understans is that 1 the team didn't play and 2 he made 50 saves.And for people who actualy watch hockey and know about it if u watch the Huet video that was posted above u can see the way he moves. Personally I've never seen a goalie move that quick and fast. Another thing is with Huet he's smart when it comes to postining and what to do in a scramble. If Montreal would just give him a chance so he can play a whole season u can see what he can really do. Picture the 2005-2006 season this year with Halak backing him up. People don't believe in Huet anymore because they're so crazy over this Price stuff ya he's great but people think he's the next Patrick Roy. I don't know why people want to rush him in the NHL so quickly at 19. Look what happened to all the goalies that were rushed in at a early age. Theodore shouldn't even be playing hockey now he's awful, Cam Ward just as bad, and the pressure of the playoffs was too much for Fleury to handle. Do you really want to waste Price's talent like that.

I hear you.

Huet is the #1 Goaltender and it is his position to keep or lose whoever his backup is this year (Halak or Price).

A better defence will go a long way toward helping him and the team.

Guest Huet#39

Another thing that I noticed is that whenever we had goals scored on us most of the time it was Souray, Rivet and Niinima on. All 3 are gone and we got a better defenceman now to play with Markov so I think this year there will be less goals scored on the goalies.

Guest 1970 Habs
Another thing that I noticed is that whenever we had goals scored on us most of the time it was Souray, Rivet and Niinima on. All 3 are gone and we got a better defenceman now to play with Markov so I think this year there will be less goals scored on the goalies.

Agreed. :D

If the team plays as I think it will I think this year the goals against will be lower and less that the goals scored.

Guest old-time Habs fan
Lets give our all star goalie some love!

HUET! HUET!

Huet, could lead us all the way,

if he has confidence in our play;

our inconsistent ice-capades,

have put our goalies off their blades.

Guest P.Royfan

I'm not so much worried about the goals alowed rather than the shots allowed. I believe that's why the team went into that horrific slump. Huet was just worn out with 40 shot games.

Guest habs_fan_4_life

For some reason, I think Huet is really going to be amazing this year. I can't wait to see what he does this season. That injury really messed him up last year. GO HUET!!!

Guest hatethoseleafs

Huet has demonstrated that he is a capable goalie able to handle pressure. I can see him having a stellar camp with our kids pushing to take his job. I'm not counting him out as our number 1 just yet. Not only will he be playing for number 1 status but he'll be a key contributor in preparing whoever is annointed #2 in making that transition to the NHL full time.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kovy-27

I don't get it,why people can't trust huet?

When he first started to rise back in the 2005-2006 people where saying wait 2 or 3 games and he will start to suck but he stayed strong.

Then came the winter Olympic break and people where saying that now he was going to choke but he stayed strong.

Then Theo got traded and people said that he couldn't handle the pressure of being #1 and that Abby came to take his spot but he still stayed strong.

The playoff's started and then people wanted to know if he could perform like he did during the season,he stayed strong again.

Then he signed his new contract and people where saying that because of the money and the fact that he only played half a season,he wasn't a proven goalie.He was still strong when the season started...maybe not at first but he smoke the league.

and now just because he didn't perform well during January and Febuary,people don't see him as #1.

Why do people do see Huet as a #1 goalie? There's always a reason,Price or Halak aren't going to take his spot and Huet is going to show everybody that he can be the best in the league.

By the way,if people hate him because of his performance against Toronto,let me remind you that if it wasn't for him,The habs would have already lost at the first period.He was the main reason why the Habs could rebond at the second period.The only thing left was to not have some stupid penalty's and help the goalie.Alot of Toronto's goals where on 5 on 3 and one of there goal's was Latendresse who scored in his own net.

Anyway,my main point his that we should trust the man and stop having a lame argument each and every time.He did a great job for us and with a litle help,he could do better.

Go Cristo Go!

Guest Huet#39
I don't get it,why people can't trust huet?

When he first started to rise back in the 2005-2006 people where saying wait 2 or 3 games and he will start to suck but he stayed strong.

Then came the winter Olympic break and people where saying that now he was going to choke but he stayed strong.

Then Theo got traded and people said that he couldn't handle the pressure of being #1 and that Abby came to take his spot but he still stayed strong.

The playoff's started and then people wanted to know if he could perform like he did during the season,he stayed strong again.

Then he signed his new contract and people where saying that because of the money and the fact that he only played half a season,he wasn't a proven goalie.He was still strong when the season started...maybe not at first but he smoke the league.

and now just because he didn't perform well during January and Febuary,people don't see him as #1.

Why do people do see Huet as a #1 goalie? There's always a reason,Price or Halak aren't going to take his spot and Huet is going to show everybody that he can be the best in the league.

By the way,if people hate him because of his performance against Toronto,let me remind you that if it wasn't for him,The habs would have already lost at the first period.He was the main reason why the Habs could rebond at the second period.The only thing left was to not have some stupid penalty's and help the goalie.Alot of Toronto's goals where on 5 on 3 and one of there goal's was Latendresse who scored in his own net.

Anyway,my main point his that we should trust the man and stop having a lame argument each and every time.He did a great job for us and with a litle help,he could do better.

Go Cristo Go!

I agree with you 100% man.

I agree he is a great goaltender..

Just like when mr abbashier ever went in nets, i always cringed. Huet is a great goaltender you need to have faith in him.

Im sure Huet + Halak backing him up this year will be great..

Hopefully halak will get 10-20 games in to get some more experience in the nhl, as i can see halak being a great backup goaltender for a while :

Archived