The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

39 Cristobal Huet 06-07

jl-1

Guest old-time Habs fan
Wow! What a nice mask I'm sure Huet wil do great this year and he'll show all of you who don't trust him anymore.

You cannot mask the trust that's lacking,

when the goalie's not got backing;

look beyond the crease for clues,

as why Huet has got the blues!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest old-time Habs fan

[in response to Braca -- I removed the previously offending posts, but feel he should read this. -WinnipegJet]

Sorry, my friend, but you obviously missed the point of my poem. What I was referring to was the lack of defensive backing that Huet often got from many members of our team. Just look at our +/- ratio and you see what I mean. I never said that Huet sucks. I happen to think that he is a great goalie but hasn't always had the support out front that he deserves. Sorry if I led you astray.

It amazes me that everyone is so willing to write Huet off given all the team problems in 06-07 that kept us from the playoffs. He's going to start the year healthy and motivated (it's a contract year, don't forget) and I think he'll make a lot of people jump back on the Huet bandwagon. I also think he'll thrive behind a stronger defense.

Guest old-time Habs fan
It amazes me that everyone is so willing to write Huet off given all the team problems in 06-07 that kept us from the playoffs. He's going to start the year healthy and motivated (it's a contract year, don't forget) and I think he'll make a lot of people jump back on the Huet bandwagon. I also think he'll thrive behind a stronger defense.

Busy Body

Busy eyes which scan the rink,

that when they're active, hardly blink;

busy hands, that can catch a fly,

and almost all, that passes by;

busy legs that kick and splay,

as needed in the power-play;

busy feet with skates to match,

that make our Huet, one to watch!

Guest s.k 11

Forgot it's a contract year then he has to play well like he does already. ;)

Guest s.k 11
Probably has something to do with the fact he's never played more than 42 games in a season

41 in LA

36 and 42 in Montreal

Call it what you want but a # 1 starting goalie should play 50 to 60 + games

He would have played ayleast 55 if he did not get injured last season but i think people dont trust him because of his last game wich was not his fault 4 of the leafs goals were fluke and the fact that he did not play for over 2 months and was put in the biggest match of the season.

........... but i think people dont trust him because of his last game wich was not his fault 4 of the leafs goals were fluke and the fact that he did not play for over 2 months and was put in the biggest match of the season.

fluke or not they went in

He seems to go in spurts where he plays good to great for a stretch of games then for whatever reason ( tired ? ) goes through a strecth of so-so to bad games

If he does that this year , or gets hurt, there's a guy in Hamilton just waiting for a chance

Guest s.k 11
fluke or not they went in

He seems to go in spurts where he plays good to great for a stretch of games then for whatever reason ( tired ? ) goes through a strecth of so-so to bad games

If he does that this year , or gets hurt, there's a guy in Hamilton just waiting for a chance

Are you telling me he was spposed to stop the one that flew in the net or the one 5on3 where wellwood and tucker screaned him and he had no idea where the puck was and every goalie has one or two slumps in a season even luongo had his at the start of the season.

HUET BABY,

Hes going to be HUGE NEXT SEASON,

I love his size, he looks 10x the size as halak in nets, not saying halak plays small or anything

Just huet is a bigger guy, looks like he covers alot more to begin with

I hope his healing has gone well

• 2 weeks later...
Guest habinto
The truly great goalies make the impossible saves

Give me a break. Great goalies make key saves. Huet is under appreciated. Memories are short. However, I do believe that he is unable to play more than 50 games. When he plays a lot he seem to lose some of his shine. But given that we have Halak and Price we do not have a problem with finding a competent back-up to play the other 32 games and gain experience.

Go Huet

Guest CanadianMike

I keep going back and forth in my mind with what kind of season Huet will have.

I like all 3 goalies, whatever happens at training camp may the best goalie lead the way.

GO HUET GO!! I would like him to play a whole season to see what he can do though.

Guest old-time Habs fan
IMO if Huet is even a bit inconsistant they should trade him and call up Price.Price is the real deal and he is ready.

The price of that, we cannot say,

he comes, well-marked, but will it pay?

the team, last term, was in the trench,

not goalies' fault, but blame the bench.

Inspection of a goalie's berth,

are no reflection on his worth;

the cost of padding any net,

is what you pay, you may not, get.

Guest halifax_habs
Give me a break. Great goalies make key saves. Huet is under appreciated. Memories are short. However, I do believe that he is unable to play more than 50 games. When he plays a lot he seem to lose some of his shine. But given that we have Halak and Price we do not have a problem with finding a competent back-up to play the other 32 games and gain experience.

Go Huet

Agree, Huet is a very good goalie, but I'm still concerned about him starting a full season. We've got the depth in goal so this isn't a serious problem.

Everyone saying we should trade Huet if he struggles are jumping the gun IMO. We have depth but Halak isn't a clear starter in my mind yet, and I don't want to rush Price and up pulling a Fleury.

Guest habinto
Agree, Huet is a very good goalie, but I'm still concerned about him starting a full season. We've got the depth in goal so this isn't a serious problem.

Everyone saying we should trade Huet if he struggles are jumping the gun IMO. We have depth but Halak isn't a clear starter in my mind yet, and I don't want to rush Price and up pulling a Fleury.

EXACTLY!!!!!!

It's that simple to me!

Guest habfan in leafland

If Carbo was serious about the best goalie in camp getting the starting job, Price will get it. He was the best goalie at last year's camp! Some veteran players even said Price was the best player in last year's camp. Let's see though if Carbo was serious or blowing smoke...

I was a firm believer in letting Price start in the AHL and only call him up if there's an injury. But after seeing him play live and continuing to dominate throughout the season, this kid is ready! This kid is HUGE in net too! Playing his style (not going down right away, more of a standup goalie) with his size (6'3... seems bigger in person) this kid is ready for the NHL. I'm excited to see him.

That being said, the team still has great options in Huet, Halak and even the forgotten Danis. There has to be some sort of trade because we won't be able to retain this logjam of quality goaltenders for much longer. Even Desjardins and Lacasse are solid goalies ready for some AHL playing time.

Guest 1970 Habs
If Carbo was serious about the best goalie in camp getting the starting job, Price will get it. He was the best goalie at last year's camp! Some veteran players even said Price was the best player in last year's camp. Let's see though if Carbo was serious or blowing smoke...

I was a firm believer in letting Price start in the AHL and only call him up if there's an injury. But after seeing him play live and continuing to dominate throughout the season, this kid is ready! This kid is HUGE in net too! Playing his style (not going down right away, more of a standup goalie) with his size (6'3... seems bigger in person) this kid is ready for the NHL. I'm excited to see him.

That being said, the team still has great options in Huet, Halak and even the forgotten Danis. There has to be some sort of trade because we won't be able to retain this logjam of quality goaltenders for much longer. Even Desjardins and Lacasse are solid goalies ready for some AHL playing time.

Let's not forget invitee Andrew Loverock (who Mr. Timmons and Rolanson are impressed with).

Here are his details:

Andrew Loverock

Born 29 July 1989 (17 years old - turns 18 this year)

Goalie

Shoots Right

6'3" 180 lbs

Finished his Rookie season with the Niagara Icedogs in the OHL

Played 48 games (#1 goalie on the team)

Stats

31-13 with 1 Shutout

GAA 3.50 Sv Pct .892

Archived