The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Bruins And Canadiens - Metro Centre, Sunday Sept.23/07 @ 3:00pm

gunner_canadian

Guest d80jcrant

HALIFAX - The Canadian of Montreal faces Bruins of Boston, in a match pre-season presented Sunday afternoon at Halifax, in what could be the match of the “last chance” for several young players.

The Jean-Philippe Side and Ryan O' Byrne, in defense, as well as Sergei Kostitsyn, Mikhail Grabovski, Duncan Milroy and Kyle Chipchura, in attack, will try to impress the leaders of Tricolour, before the large wave of cuttings off which will break Monday.

Jaroslav Halak will be in front of the net.

The veterans Roman Hamrlik, Mike Komisarek, Mathieu Dandenault, Chris Higgins, Michael Ryder, Divided into volumes Plekanec and Bryan Smolinski will be part.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaroslav Halak has the full 60 minutes against the Boston Bruins in Halifax on Sunday night, with Carey Price as the back up. There is no Sunday morning skate for game day players, as they will head out of Montreal in the morning. Monday's cutdown time will be in the morning. - TSN

A. Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Ryder

Kovalev - Plekanec - Smolinski

S. Kostitsyn - Chipchura - Milroy

Higgins - Lapierre -Kostopoulos

Hamrlik - Komisarek

Streit - O'Byrne

Cote - Dandenault

Halak

HALIFAX - The Canadian of Montreal faces Bruins of Boston, in a match pre-season presented Sunday afternoon at Halifax, in what could be the match of the “last chance” for several young players.

The Jean-Philippe Side and Ryan O' Byrne, in defense, as well as Sergei Kostitsyn, Mikhail Grabovski, Duncan Milroy and Kyle Chipchura, in attack, will try to impress the leaders of Tricolour, before the large wave of cuttings off which will break Monday.

Jaroslav Halak will be in front of the net.

The veterans Novel Hamrlik, Mike Komisarek, Mathieu Dandenault, Chris Higgins, Michael Ryder, Divided into volumes Plekanec and Bryan Smolinski will be part.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaroslav Halak has the full 60 minutes against the Boston Bruins in Halifax on Sunday night, with Carey Price as the back up. There is no Sunday morning skate for game day players, as they will head out of Montreal in the morning. Monday's cutdown time will be in the morning. - TSN

A. Kostitsyn - Grabovski - Ryder

Kovalev - Plekanec - Smolinski

S. Kostitsyn - Chipchura - Milroy

Higgins - Lapierre -Kostopoulos

Hamrlik - Komisarek

Streit - O'Byrne

Cote - Dandenault

Halak

who's novel hamrlik lol!

i guess this is the last 'fun' game before most of the kids are cut. too bad another one isn't on TV. Booooo.

Guest matt_the_fan
Hehe i'm going to this game. Will be my first nhl game (even though it is preseason). I'll be sure to take pictures and share stories after i get home tonite :)

Lucky you.

Guest keithman

Guessin this one isn't on RDS or on that centre ice? stinks.

This is basically the last chance for the kids. I wonder who'll make the team? Dandy should be gone though, Gorges has played awesome and deserves a spot.

Anyways, i'll probably miss this game, will be at school, have so much work to do. GO HABS GO.

This game will be aired on CJAD right? All my friend think im nuts because im listening to hockey games on the radio. I tell them to shut it.

Tell him/her that it used to be the only way to follow hockey, that families used to gather around the radio to listen to the Habs' games. People back then weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouth! ;):)

CJAD and CKAC 730. This will NOT be televised. RDS does have cameras taping the game. Really stupid since there not sharing the feed with us.

seriously?! that's soooooo LAME!

it would be money in the bank for them to air these games...silly that they don't - not like they ever have though.

Guest d80jcrant

Several prospects will have a last chance to make a first impression when the Montreal Canadiens meet the Boston Bruins in Halifax this afternoon.

It will be the Canadiens' last preseason game before the team makes its next set of roster cuts on Monday morning.

Youngsters Jean-Philippe Cote and Ryan O' Byrne will play on defence, along with forwards Sergei Kostitsyn, Mikhail Grabovski, Ben Maxwell, Duncan Milroy and Kyle Chipchura.

Jaroslav Halak will get the start in goal, with rookie Carey Price dressed as the backup. Veterans Roman Hamrlik, Mike Komisarek, Mathieu Dandenault, Chris Higgins, Michael Ryder, Tomas Plekanec and Bryan Smolinski will also play the matinee.

The game will also feature some Maritime flavour. Ryder is a Newfoundland native, while Bruins forward Glen Murray is from nearby Bridgewater.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

I think Carbo will put Serhei, Andrei and Grabs back together if they need an offensive spark at a certain time but he wants to try other line combination toos!

Guest Analyzer

If Grabovsky doesn't make the team this year, he's almost a bust then, because he is getting older.

Sucks that this game isn't televised. I find it funny how Centre ice was going to show pre-season games to get people interested, but they don't really have many and the ones they do have are the leafs. You're going to loose people that way. It's also why I didn't like CBC.

Guest jennifer_rocket
If Grabovsky doesn't make the team this year, he's almost a bust then, because he is getting older.

Yeah, I really don't know what they're going to do with him. He seems to be playing well without the puck (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so that's good. But, he's yet to make an impact offensively. He's come close, and he's been buzzing, but that's not going to help the club when we need goal scoring. I hope he makes it, but he needs to make the most of THIS game, right now.

Archived