The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Bruins And Canadiens - Metro Centre, Sunday Sept.23/07 @ 3:00pm

gunner_canadian

I guess the back-up spot is still up for grabs... with Price getting one more start.

Yeah, I agree, but I just don't see him backing up Huet. I think they want price playing, probably down in the minors as apose to sitting on the bench. I don't think they want to rush him. It is going to be great when he is ready to lead the team.

QUOTE(paul_b @ Sep 23 2007, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I agree, but I just don't see him backing up Huet. I think they want price playing, probably down in the minors as apose to sitting on the bench. I don't think they want to rush him. It is going to be great when he is ready to lead the team.

management has already said they're not going to keep price as a backup. it's not going to happen unless he outplays huet. a season in hamilton is not the end of the world and i'm more than happy to have halak as a backup - unless danis takes him to town.

Guest habslover14
management has already said they're not going to keep price as a backup. it's not going to happen unless he outplays huet. a season in hamilton is not the end of the world and i'm more than happy to have halak as a backup - unless danis takes him to town.

id love to see Halak as a backup as well.

Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

I feel Halak is going to be streaky.

Danis would be a solid backup and worse comes to worse, he goes to hamilton and halak comes up. But think about the vice versa, halak has a few bad comes, he goes down, danis comes up/

... unless there's a trade? ;)

Guest RadioHab

It is nice to see a win in regulation. Congratulations to Pleks on his hat trick and a tip of the hat to Higgins on a nice performance in his first game.

WTG Habs!

GO HABS GO!

Guest Malarkus
It is nice to see a win in regulation. Congratulations to Pleks on his hat trick and a tip of the hat to Higgins on a nice performance in his first game.

WTG Habs!

GO HABS GO!

higgins 2 game but we can say its his first :P

I could be wrong...but do you think there could be a trade ? :o

Halak is playing pretty well, and so is Danis, who re-signed with us as a UFA (at my biggest surprise), knowing that he had Halak, Price and Huet in front of him. We have a surplus of NHL caliber defensemen and young O'Byrne and Gorges are making a solid statement at camp, and Mark Streit has played defense only during training camp. Michael Ryder is scheduled to become a UFA at year end and we failed to sign him long term. So to answer your question, yes I think that there could be a trade. :)

Guest Miltie01
Halak is playing pretty well, and so is Danis, who re-signed with us as a UFA (at my biggest surprise), knowing that he had Halak, Price and Huet in front of him. We have a surplus of NHL caliber defensemen and young O'Byrne and Gorges are making a solid statement at camp. Michael Ryder is scheduled to become a UFA at year end and we failed to sign him long term. So to answer your question, yes I think that there could be a trade. :)

I tend to agree, infact I believe the reason we had so many guys at camp was for this purpose. to evaluate the organization to see who can play, who could be tradable, and who could fill in on the big club if a trade is made. I even feel some could have played to exhibit them.

I tend to agree, infact I believe the reason we had so many guys at camp was for this purpose. to evaluate the organization to see who can play, who could be tradable, and who could fill in on the big club if a trade is made. I even feel some could have played to exhibit them.

Gotcha! ;)

Guest HabsMan11

looks like we played well i didnt listen to the game but i read all the posts...

Pleks looks awesome

Higgins is awesome

Smoke will be a better version of Bonk

the goalie situation is up the air...

someone on the Offseason changes thread found something on HF boards...that the Habs are almost done a deal with LA...the details are worked out and its someone mean and big coming back...i dont know if its true well see he said it would happen tomorow...well see.

Archived