The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#14 Tomas Plekanec 2007-08

jl-1

Guest overlords
I certainly have no complaints when a 3rd year player on the second line is out scoring the 1st line center thats for sure.

the third year player has a solid right winger to be fair :P. But yes, pleks has really come into his own. He's a solid two way player with great playmaking abilities. what a find. If half of our picks turned out as good as this guy, we be holding that stanley cup every year :P

I do not know how you can say that Weeping because Tomas has had at least a point in all five December games (two in the Nashville game) before last night with the exception of the Detroit game.

Oh, I'm not talking about points. I'm talking about the overall hustle and intensity that Plekanec normally displays which hasn't been evident recently, at least not to me. Also, he's become too much of a perimeter player. Good things happen when you drive to the net or send the puck on net. Tomas knows that, and he's rediscovering that element of his game. :)

Pleks had another strong game. His line was up against Sundin's a lot in this game. They had another strong game. To bad Pleks didn't get an assist on the Kostitsyn goal. He worked the puck nicely with Kovy along the boards.

Guest habs_fan1160
excellent is the word... it looked like David vs Goliath on the faceoffs

I know.

And Pleks has been in the works for sometime now, but it almost feels like he's popped up outta no where and has took the game by storm. He's been absoultly great this season and playing with Kovy is a very good idea. That whole line looks way better than it did last year with Sami.

Guest habs_fan1160
It seemed to me like most shifts they were against Sundin. I only noticed a couple where they were against another line.

Well the Pleks line was put on tonight to match up against the Sundin line and try and shut him down. So I'd assume most of his faceoffs were against Sundin too.

Great job at shutting him down.

Guest 1970 Habs
Well the Pleks line was put on tonight to match up against the Sundin line and try and shut him down. So I'd assume most of his faceoffs were against Sundin too.

Great job at shutting him down.

Your answer is on the score sheet.

One point Pleks, zero points Sundin (1-0). :D

Guest habs_fan1160
Your answer is on the score sheet.

One point Pleks, zero points Sundin (1-0). :D

I really dislike Sundin, so shutting him down was the icing on the cake for the victory tonight for me.

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27
From Mike Boone on habs inside/out: "Santa hats: One of my favourite annual scoreboard features. Pleks favours an over-the-eyebrows hip-hop look. "

I want to see that! :lol:

I was listening to the TEAM990 on the net this morning and whoever the host of 'Montreal Forum' is was suggesting entertaining a trade for Plekanec instead, perhaps, of Koivu. He said Pleks' solid two-way game might be attractive to some teams and, with his youth working in his favor, he could fetch a reasonable return.

I live in Oakville (ONT) and don't listen very often, so I don't know if these guys are knowledgeable and how often they float out ideas like this.

Just something to chew on.

It depends on who they get in return. Plekanec seems like the real deal to me. I don't think he is going to disappear. Hes got speed, stickhandling, good passing, and he works hard. They better get someone very good in return.

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27

good to see Pleks go to the net. When you're playing with 27, you know he'll find you. I am enjoying Pleks' game thus far this season. He has adopted a more north-south style of play and, when he goes to the net, he can make things happen. It's when he tried to play on the perimeter that he gets into trouble. That's not his role on that line.

Guest Kovy-27

It would be a terrible idea to trade Plekanec,he's our future and he's going to get better.Don't risk the future for the present because when Plekanec is going to hit his prime,we are going to have one heck of a team with the likes of Komisarek,Higgins,Latendresse,A and S.Kostitsyn,don't forget Price in the net.

I know that a lot of people want a winning team now but we are almost there.

Archived