The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#14 Tomas Plekanec 2007-08

jl-1

We're lucky that the Rangers chose to take Balej instead of Plekanec in the Kovalev deal.

According to RDS like last week, Rangers had a choice of 4 Hamilton Bulldogs: Marcel Hossa, Ron Hainsey, Tomas Plekanec and Josef Balej.

Guest hockey-goon

One of the best stats about Plekanec is that most of this goals are scored on the road imagine if they get there stuff together on home ice numbers should reflect and this guy is now superstar status .

Guest overlords

I'm sure pleks is a guy many GM's know, even though fans have never heard of him. He just might get offer sheets if someone needs a young center and isn't afraid to pull a lowe.

he signed for 2 years, we have nothing to fear this summer.

Still Id like to have him for a year or two after that one. How much is he making? He's worth $3M a year as a perfect 2nd line center.

4 year / 12M$

We're lucky that the Rangers chose to take Balej instead of Plekanec in the Kovalev deal.

According to RDS like last week, Rangers had a choice of 4 Hamilton Bulldogs: Marcel Hossa, Ron Hainsey, Tomas Plekanec and Josef Balej.

:blink: Wow, I didn't know that. Good thing for us.

In any case, I don't think Plekanec is going unnoticed around the league any more. People are starting to appreciate this guy's talent and the no-nonsense way he goes about his business.

Guest jennifer_rocket

What's Pelakec's face-off percentage for the season, thus far? It's below 50% correct? I hope he improves that aspect of his game because he's become such an important centerman for this team. Here's hoping to a goal, and a great game in the face-off circle tonight, for Plekanec! :D

What's Pelakec's face-off percentage for the season, thus far? It's below 50% correct? I hope he improves that aspect of his game because he's become such an important centerman for this team. Here's hoping to a goal, and a great game in the face-off circle tonight, for Plekanec! :D

He has improved recently, I think we should look at this stat in 3 or three blocks of games for him instead of the overall %. I have a feeling we'd see a progression, then again I may be wrong.

I want Pleks to get a goal tonight too so that makes 3 goals for Pleks.... unless that darn Kovalev sabotages.....

:lol:

3 goals against de Devils probably means one in an empty net so ... yeah, well hum ... I wont mind giving 'my' Plekanec goal to Kovy or any other Hab as long as it's for a win ;)

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27

Plekanec has become, in my mind, the second best passer on this team. While he's not as smooth as Kovy (especially on passes breaking out of the zone), when the puck crosses the other team's blueline, he is deadly. His patience with the puck allows him extra time to find his linemates in front of the net. What I love most about him is that he never stops moving his feet when he passes. He is never static and is thus able to open different angles to find his linemates.

Plekanec has become, in my mind, the second best passer on this team. While he's not as smooth as Kovy (especially on passes breaking out of the zone), when the puck crosses the other team's blueline, he is deadly. His patience with the puck allows him extra time to find his linemates in front of the net. What I love most about him is that he never stops moving his feet when he passes. He is never static and is thus able to open different angles to find his linemates.

He also has good acceleration like Andrei. He can go from 0 to 100 in .05 second. :)

He also has good acceleration like Andrei. He can go from 0 to 100 in .05 second. :)

Yep. And, of the three, he has the most north-south game, which plays very well to his speed.

Guest Asterix9

All the talk, all the hype is surrounding Kovalev this year but when I looked at the teams' stats, I find Plekanec only 3 points back of Kovy. Not bad for such a young guy isn't it?

pleks is great, but a huge part of his point production is due to Kovalev. That can go both ways, I guess this is why our 2nd line is now our 1st line

you've hit the nail on the head. It's the old cause and effect argument. However, Pleks has held his own but has also been able to take advantage of the extra coverage Kovalev demands which is also commendable as last year it seemed nobody could.

Guest Asterix9

Tonight, Plekanec proved that it's not Kovalev making him the player that he is. On his first assist, Kovalev wasn't even on the ice and on Kovalev's goal, it was all Plekanec with a great feed. This kid is very impressive!

Archived