The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#14 Tomas Plekanec 2007-08

jl-1

Tonight, Plekanec proved that it's not Kovalev making him the player that he is. On his first assist, Kovalev wasn't even on the ice and on Kovalev's goal, it was all Plekanec with a great feed. This kid is very impressive!

No one ever said it was. He played well without Kovy in the end of last season. It sure helps to have some good linemates like Kovy and Kostitsyn though.

Guest QbGamer

Very nice game, this guy doesnt get enough credit, probably cuz everyone is watching kovalev twist and turn, and then there is kostitsyn on the other side of him, who has had 2 highlight goals in the past lil bit. but he makes great passes has great speed, and is a great center man

Guest QbGamer

Very nice game, this guy doesnt get enough credit, probably cuz everyone is watching kovalev twist and turn, and then there is kostitsyn on the other side of him, who has had 2 highlight goals in the past lil bit. but he makes great passes has great speed, and is a great center man

Guest overlords

I was talking to a friend about pleks today. I said that as long as he is atleast a point behind kovalev, no one will really talk about him. The SECOND he passes kovalev, talks about him will erupt.

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27

It is unfortunate that Pleks kind of slips under the radar on that line, but you could also make the argument that it makes him an even bigger threat when he's on the ice because you have to figure the other team's defenders have a tunnel vision for Kovalev and a larger focus on Kostistyn. Pleks can stay a secret all year long, that's fine with me! He's our secret!

He has my thanks for helping Kovy to recover this season. He really does a lot of good things out there on the ice. I said all season long that it was all three players making a contribution that made the line so good and Pleks/Kosty will only get better as time goes on.

Amazing just plain amazing. he will bbe our #1 center some day. wat a playmaker . he was great tonight!

will need to improve his FO's to be a number "1" center

I agree he needs to improve his faceoffs, but if you have to be good on faceoffs to be a number one center then there wouldn't some good offensive centers out of their number one center jobs. Even if he loses the faceoff his line has been so good defensively it doesn't seem to hurt much.

Guest "Rocket"

It's funny to see how habs fan react sometimes, journalist start saying Plekanec don't get the credit he deserve bla bla bla, then everyone on here start saying it.

I go to the bell center 40 games a year, and since last year, i've seen maybe 500 people wearing Plekanec jersey's, is that respect & love from the fans? i sure do think so...

He's the best player on our team plain and simple.

Guest Jesus Price

It's fine by me that he slips under the radar. It just suits his character, that he would be putting up all these big points and still slide under the radar. He seems to be a quiet down to earth guy who just wants to play hockey, and he doesnt strike me as the kind of guy who wants the attention. I am perfectly fine with Kovalev being in the spotlight, while Tomas quietly plugs away and puts up very impressive numbers. I would call Tomas a beast, but he's way to fast to be a beast.

Guest 77Bourque77
I was watching the highlights from last night's game. When he took off short-handed, whew.

the funny thing is that it almost looks like he isnt trying to go faster. there are players that you watch and you can tell when they turn it on, but with him its almost effortless.

Guest overlords
It's funny to see how habs fan react sometimes, journalist start saying Plekanec don't get the credit he deserve bla bla bla, then everyone on here start saying it.

I go to the bell center 40 games a year, and since last year, i've seen maybe 500 people wearing Plekanec jersey's, is that respect & love from the fans? i sure do think so...

He's the best player on our team plain and simple.

Alot of people here have more hockey sense than the journalists in the montreal media. if anything, they start saying things after the true blue fans do.

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27
Not just the speed that impressed me on that play but his utter calmness in waiting until exactly the right moment to dish to Sergei for the tap-in goal.

Attribute it to incredible patience and a simplified style of hockey. He is very north-south and rarely makes any unecessary moves with the puck for risk of getting out of position. He pushed the puck, minimized his stickhandling and lateral movement, and allowed himself a perfect passing lane.

Guest Asterix9
Not just the speed that impressed me on that play but his utter calmness in waiting until exactly the right moment to dish to Sergei for the tap-in goal.

A true team player that one. He could have easily taken that shot but no, he gave it to the rookie. He should have an "A" on his jersey!

Guest 77Bourque77
A true team player that one. He could have easily taken that shot but no, he gave it to the rookie. He should have an "A" on his jersey!

in due time my friend, it will happen along with komi

Guest Jesus Price

That was a nice play, but my God was that ever some bad goaltending on Johnson's part. You expect your goalie to be able to read that play a little bit better as Pleks was showing pass the WHOLE time.

Guest Asterix9
That was a nice play, but my God was that ever some bad goaltending on Johnson's part. You expect your goalie to be able to read that play a little bit better as Pleks was showing pass the WHOLE time.

:lol: A 2 on 0 and it's bad goaltending? what's a goalie to do to get some recognition? It's the NHL. Plekanec is known for taking a shot when it's there and both were coming with speed. He could have easily faked the pass and shot had Johnson cheated. He did move across but Kostitsyn shot high. Had the shot been along the ice, Johnson would have had a chance, but no chance on that play, sorry.

Guest JIMVINNY
:lol: A 2 on 0 and it's bad goaltending? what's a goalie to do to get some recognition? It's the NHL. Plekanec is known for taking a shot when it's there and both were coming with speed. He could have easily faked the pass and shot had Johnson cheated. He did move across but Kostitsyn shot high. Had the shot been along the ice, Johnson would have had a chance, but no chance on that play, sorry.

Definitely. Good analysis.

Guest Jesus Price

Well, I am not saying it was Johnson's fault but if you watch the replay Tomas had his stick and skates angled towards Sergei and it was evident to everyone watching he was going to pass, and when he did pass Johnson looked almost shocked that there was a pass coming his way. It's hard to argue that there was no chance on the play, because it was a 2-0 but there's a difference between getting beat and looking foolish. I am not trying to take ANYTHING away from Pleks or Sergei, I just think Johnsoon looked very bad on the play. Just my opinoin.

Archived