Weight: 215

Born: 03 Feb '76

Born in: Sherbrooke, QC, Canada

MTL Season: 2nd

NHL Season: 11th

Drafted: Detroit's 2nd round choice, 49th overall, in 1994

Acquired: Signed a four-year contract as a free agent on August 3, 2005

Guest Greek Hab

Well, (I'm sorry to start this thread on a negative but) I'm not at all impressed with Dandenault's play so far, even if it's just pre-season. Gorges and O'Byrne, in that order, have a more deserving chance.

A point needs to be proven, that even if you're from Quebec, it doesn't mean you're given a roster spot.

Guest overlords
Well, (I'm sorry to start this thread on a negative but) I'm not at all impressed with Dandenault's play so far, even if it's just pre-season. Gorges and O'Byrne, in that order, have a more deserving chance.

A point needs to be proven, that even if you're from Quebec, it doesn't mean you're given a roster spot.

Agree with you there greeky. I think his days are numbered and I couldn't be happier.

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK

LOL..greeky...funny...srry greek hab, i had to laugh..u can go ahead and call me a stupid newfie now if you want to:D

I think that dandenault played well as a forward last night. He hit the post..gotta give him credit for that eh ?

Guest Greek Hab
I think that dandenault played well as a forward last night. He hit the post..gotta give him credit for that eh ?

I'll give him credit, but there is no chance that Mathieu is going to take a roster spot from any of our forwards, unless we have multiple injuries from both the Habs, the Bulldogs, and if Mark Streit dies...ye freeekin' newf ;)

Guest HabsfanfromtheROCK
I'll give him credit, but there is no chance that Mathieu is going to take a roster spot from any of our forwards, unless we have multiple injuries from both the Habs, the Bulldogs, and if Mark Streit dies...ye freeekin' newf ;)

OH ITS ON!.... and those multiple injuries are quite possible and the other 1, if he does die, im reporting you.

Guest electron

You've got my vote. I've never been impressed with Dandenault. His success came from playing on very good Red Wing teams that had a good goalie. I believe we signed him, because he is french canadian, and somebody thought he was a good player. Time to admit the mistake, and cut our losses.

Guest CanadianMike

I am still wondering why Dandy was quoted (in the Journal de Montreal) this past Sat as saying "I WILL HAVE A GOOD SEASON, HERE...OR SOMEWHERE ELSE" :huh: Does he read the message boards? did Gainey tell him something? Is the fact we got Breezer making him feel uncomfortable?

I like him, but if he has to go...I don't see a problem at all.

A player who needs to redeem himself for the money he is paid.

I hope he does. Good luck!

It's funny you mention that... I was watching the sports news tonight and noticed that Denis Gauthier was put on waivers by the Flyers. He had four assists in 43 games last year. I decided to check his salary and can you believe that he's making $2.1 million a season? Makes Dandenault and Bouillon's contracts look like bargains, especially considering how versatile Dandenault is...

Also, as WinnipegJet mentioned a while back, people tend to forget that Dandy suffered a serious leg injury last season which slowed him down a lot, especially when your game is based on speed.

Guest fansince1975

I will keep it simple. Dandenault does not deserve to play defence or forward with Montreal. Trade him or buy him out within the next two weeks. It is time to give better harder working rookies like O'Bryne a chance.

Guest f30marco

darn, he played fine........... i still think he needs to be shipped out but he did play alright last night guys, the effort was there and he looked determined too. keep up the good work dandy, atleatst your doing something good!

Guest Miltie01
darn, he played fine........... i still think he needs to be shipped out but he did play alright last night guys, the effort was there and he looked determined too. keep up the good work dandy, atleatst your doing something good!

Don't be upset that he played well, when he plays and works hard it will force others to play and work hard.

It is about competing !!!

Guest Kronix

i just hope he leaves the team soon he was a forward alst night and i believe chipchura should be on the ice before he is we need tog et rid of this guy asap

I will keep it simple. Dandenault does not deserve to play defence or forward with Montreal. Trade him or buy him out within the next two weeks. It is time to give better harder working rookies like O'Bryne a chance.

After watching the game Dandenaullt played against the Leafs last night; I think he deserves to be in MTL. I like him as a forward...He didn't look out of place at all...He was drafted as a RW after all....He scored the 1st goal on Toskala and was giving Toronto's D fits trying to score that 2nd one. I'd say that earned him the right to dress for at least 1 more game.

Guest Memo Gonzales

Dandy has been very solid in the two games. A goal today was a crown for his efforts. Still, he can't play many bad games to be taken out of the lineup.

Guest habguy

My hat is off to Mathieu, I for one was one of his many skeptics during the off-season. Never the less I still think this is just a "Bob" move to promote Dandy. He will be packaged soon along side a goalie and another roster player (just a gut feeling)

Dandenault is fighting for his career right now and I just absolutely love his attitude towards it. It's too bad Latendresse doesn't seem to have the same heart as he does.

Good job Dandy and keep it up!!

Archived