The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

Cristobal Huet

Guest JL

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Un_Lavalois

Huet was incredible last night and his stats show it , he had someting like 94.9 save % Keep it up Huet, he was the only one who played 60 minutes!

Guest old-time Habs fan
Huet played a fantastic game last night, neither goal was his fault, and the score would have been much worse without his heroics. He didn't give up any soft goals and stayed sharp the whole game. Too bad we gave him zero support.

First, among equals, Huet shines,

if he can read between the lines;

priceless is his penchant for,

interrupting, many a score.

Zero tolerance, please take note,

for letting Huet be the goat;

he cannot win all by himself,

unless the others clear the shelf.

While bottom of the third was fine,

it came too late to stitch the time;

to ward off penalties and to score,

remains the only way ashore.

Ok now this game i saw,

24 saves out of 25 shots,

He almost saves the last one with his diving effort, hits his paddle, but just doestn bat it out enough.

What a game

He is truely a great goalie, Im very glad he is on our team, to bad we just dont have more scoring power to finish a few more of our plays, as we dominated them all game

Guest CanadianMike

Huet played amazing (again) I was sure he was going to get the S. It really is a shame he has to get another L when he plays so well. Maybe he should practice his scoring.

Guest Greek Hab

He played extremely well tonight. And I really liked the fact that the crowd was chanting his name even though we were heading into OT.

Now, does Huet play Thursday? I'd play him.

Guest halifax_habs
He played extremely well tonight. And I really liked the fact that the crowd was chanting his name even though we were heading into OT.

Now, does Huet play Thursday? I'd play him.

I'd play him, and if Carbo is sticking by his word to give us the best shot at a win than he'll play him.

I like Price but Huet is hot so let's ride him and get Price in when Huet needs a rest.

I dont see why we wouldnt play him?

Ottawa is a great team, Huet has been great as of late.

It could be dangerous putting in a rookie goalie against all that ottawa fire power

Huet is a good goalie. I like the fact that he gets mad when somewon scores on him... shows he actualy cares and he knows when its his fault or when its somewon elses... unlike last year where at times he seamed unafected by goals.. and while being calm...he has alot of intensity i wish him well for this season.

Guest Huet#39
Huet played amazing (again) I was sure he was going to get the S. It really is a shame he has to get another L when he plays so well. Maybe he should practice his scoring.

Lol no kidding cuz it seems our players can't.

Guest vegasrick

What more could we possibly have wanted out of Huet last game? He pitched a shutout for 59 minutes and 50 seconds. When our scoring starts to light it up better, a game like that would have easily been a shutout, because the other team won't pull its goalie if they're four goals down with a minute to play.

Plus, he's our number one right now, Price is the backup. Price should only become the #1 if Huet falters to the point of needing to be taken out. So far, he has been the only reason we are in these squeakers....for the most part. But he has a better defensive core in front of him this season....all he needs is some goal support and his numbers would be even better.

I have a feeling Cris knows about a lot of fans and media thinking that he's not capable of taking his role of starter all the way, so I think he's motivated this year to prove that he can. Last year we started with a "tandem" with him and Abby, and as I recall, they both were doing quite well for a while there at the beginning, but this year, he KNOWS he's #1 until he loses it. This is his year.

And I also think that having Price as his backup is a good thing, because he can play with confidence knowing that if he needs to be replaced, it's not a critical moment.

If we started firing on all cylinders this season, who knows......maybe Huet will actually score a goal for us! He's overdue for one.

Guest MTLenForce

Lol. It seems that Huet actually improved his overall % from .919 to .927 (10th) while LOSING the game ... :)

Too bad for the SO.

Way to go. Keep it up !

GO CH !

Guest habs_fan1160

Hopefully it'll be Huet in net tonight. He definately earned his start. Plus we're playing Ottawa which is a challenge on its own. We definately could use the expierence between the pipes.

Guest CanadianMike
Hopefully it'll be Huet in net tonight. He definately earned his start. Plus we're playing Ottawa which is a challenge on its own. We definately could use the expierence between the pipes.

Price is starting been confirmed since yesterday!

Guest CanadianMike
Guess Carbs didn't feel like expierence was important.

Price is starting tonight.

http://www.tsn.ca/ctvnews/sportsstory.asp?story_id=220874

that is what I said. :P

I would have gone with Huet. I feel bad he played amazing last game (a game that I would have started Price instead).

I really like both of them. I am not too quick to push Cristo to the side. If Price gets a S tonight half this city will be ready to trade Huet. I'm not!

Guest habs_fan1160
that is what I said. :P

I would have gone with Huet. I feel bad he played amazing last game (a game that I would have started Price instead).

I really like both of them. I am not too quick to push Cristo to the side. If Price gets a S tonight half this city will be ready to trade Huet. I'm not!

I'm with you on that one. I'm not too quick to push Huet aside either.

He's someone we need.

Guest FlHabsFan

Yeah. Imagine Cris on a team like Tampa. Can you say Cup Favorite? Id rather him wearing our jersey then face him. Especially on a team that can score.

I think Carbo wants to see how Price handles these situations. Not give him the (should be) soft ones like Florida. See how he holds up composure and skill wise. And get a real feel for this kids ability.

Yeah. Imagine Cris on a team like Tampa. Can you say Cup Favorite? Id rather him wearing our jersey then face him. Especially on a team that can score.

I think Carbo wants to see how Price handles these situations. Not give him the (should be) soft ones like Florida. See how he holds up composure and skill wise. And get a real feel for this kids ability.

If anywhere it wont be in our conference... back to LA is my guess since there in dire need of a goalie,

Archived