The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#44 Roman Hamrlik 2007-08

jl-1

what does a guy have to do to get a little attention around here, play poorly?! lol.

1a, +2 and 25min of ice-time - all after playing his worst game of the season against the sens; looks like silversnake was right to compare him to kostopoulous!

all praise from me today :D

yes, as peaceful as the markov thread in here, same for komi's ;)

yes, as peaceful as the markov thread in here, same for komi's ;)

as 'they' say, no news is good news...without us these threads (two at least) would have four posts each!

Guest russianhabsfan

Top +/- of the team with +8. Frigging impressive considering our average ES play!! Love this guy! Let's bring Phaneuf here as well and we'll shutdown anyone! B)

Guest silversnake
what does a guy have to do to get a little attention around here, play poorly?! lol.

1a, +2 and 25min of ice-time - all after playing his worst game of the season against the sens; looks like silversnake was right to compare him to kostopoulous!

all praise from me today :D

hehe. thanks . :)

Hamrlik definitely had his presence felt yesterday. Great pass to higgins , great game overall. I love that he is a +8

I sound like a broken record, but I absolutely adore his calmness with the puck in our end. He doesn't panic, doesn't force a play, or blindly pass the puck back to the point (which would usually be to an enemy player). He almost always makes the right play, whether it's going D to D, hitting the outlet pass to a forward, or protecting the puck to carry it out of the zone himself.

I cannot remember a time in recent memory when our D has looked this solid, and for that you have to give Hamrlik a lot of credit.

Guest silversnake
I sound like a broken record, but I absolutely adore his calmness with the puck in our end. He doesn't panic, doesn't force a play, or blindly pass the puck back to the point (which would usually be to an enemy player). He almost always makes the right play, whether it's going D to D, hitting the outlet pass to a forward, or protecting the puck to carry it out of the zone himself.

I cannot remember a time in recent memory when our D has looked this solid, and for that you have to give Hamrlik a lot of credit.

you can keep playing that record Weeping!!! I love the sound of it .

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27

With the type of sang-froid and composure in Hamrlik's game, his best games should come when we don't notice him at all. With a defensive-minded guy, if he makes his calculated plays and sticks to his coverage assignments, you hardly even notice him. Saying that about Hammer would be praising him to the highest degree.

Guest habs_fan1160

Hammer quickly became one of my favourite's on the team.

I love this guys attitude and his ability to play a good defensive game.

Good pick up for the Canadiens.

With the type of sang-froid and composure in Hamrlik's game, his best games should come when we don't notice him at all. With a defensive-minded guy, if he makes his calculated plays and sticks to his coverage assignments, you hardly even notice him. Saying that about Hammer would be praising him to the highest degree.

i agree, except that it makes for boring discussions ona forum eh? ;) i like to notice his hits though and i'm not worried as much as i used to now when we're in PK

would be? i think you just did, and well justified.

Guest Handlanger
not the best game tonight roman....to quote boone 'handling the puck like it was a grenade' .... oh well .... we still luv ya

I agree, it was the first time I felt a bit unsecure about him.... a lot of giveaways, sometimes shaky on skates. I'm glad nothing happend. Go Hammer Go!

First truly and consistently subpar game I've seen out of Hamrlik this year, but hey, at that clip, we won't see another for the next 24 games! :)

I thought Hamerlik trying to knee Sundin in the back after he scored was quite amusing :lol: Not the best game ever but hey I can live with one bad out of 24

Guest jennifer_rocket

I was just looking at the team statistics. Hamrlik owns the bets +/- at +7. The next closest is Chipchura with +3. Kostitsyn and Begin are tied with +2. Hamrlik looks like a great upgrade! Now only if the rest of them would follow his example!

I just laugh at how much further ahead Hamrlik is in plus minus on the habs everytime I look at the stats.Almost everyone else is in the minus then you see Hamrlik he is a plus 7.

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
I just laugh at how much further ahead Hamrlik is in plus minus on the habs everytime I look at the stats.Almost everyone else is in the minus then you see Hamrlik he is a plus 7.

Not to take away from Hammer's steady play but He gets less ice time than most of the guys in the minus.

Guest GreekHockeyCoach
http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/app?formids=Pr...ubmit=Get+Stats

NHL.COM shows Hamrlik has the 2nd most ice time on the team, 2nd only to Markov and a good 43 minutes more then Komisarek. :D

My bad then. I feel like I just got spanked real hard :lol:

I've watched every habs game this year and for some reason I rarely see him on the ice and I rarely hear his name mentionned by the commentators. I must be getting old :lol:

Archived