The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#44 Roman Hamrlik 2007-08

jl-1

My bad then. I feel like I just got spanked real hard :lol:

I've watched every habs game this year and for some reason I rarely see him on the ice and I rarely hear his name mentionned by the commentators. I must be getting old :lol:

I know what you mean you hardly hear his name. I think it's because he is quietly doing his job and not doing anything so glaring wrong we have to do a double take.

when you do your job right nobody will think you did anything at all. But if you do your job wrong, everyone will see.

I have to also add I am so happy we have Hamrlik on this team. With our #1 defenceman Markov going through a rough patch out there it's great to have a player like Hamrlik who is steady and can help out anyway he can.

Guest overlords
I know what you mean you hardly hear his name. I thinkit's because he is quietly doing his job and not doing anything so glaring wrong we have to do a double take.

when you do your job right nobody will think you did anything at all. But if you do your job wrong, everyone will see.

I have to also add I am so happy we have Hamrlik on this team. With our #1 defenceman Markov going through a rough patch out there it's great to have a player like Hamrlik who is steady and can help out anyway he can.

Like his thread, the less you hear /see posted about him, the better. He was a great signing. I think calgary is missing him.

Guest f30marco
Hamrlik leads the team with a +8. The next closest is a +2 from Chipchura and Begin.

i wonder if hammer is thinking " okay, this is what everbody was talking about when they say montreal isnt a great team" well atleast he hasnt said " well markov is a -6 than why the hell am' my trying so hard?" :lol:

Guest russianhabsfan

+10 This is PHENOMENAL. :blink: I still don't get how this guy is managing such a stat on this team... Such abnormal stats are just another sign that there's something wrong with the "team" as a whole, the coaching AND the management. We have the players and the talant it's just that someone is not pushing the ship in the right direction. :(

Guest jennifer_rocket
+10 This is PHENOMENAL. :blink: I still don't get how this guy is managing such a stat on this team... Such abnormal stats are just another sign that there's something wrong with the "team" as a whole, the coaching AND the management. We have the players and the talant it's just that someone is not pushing the ship in the right direction. :(

Against Detroit the other night he was...

*drum roll*

+1!

Man, the dude's good!

Guest russianhabsfan

As much as I like Markov, I really think Hamrlik should be in the all-star... having a +10 +/- in a team that averages a -2 really proves that you are THE D man. I think Hamer is the ONLY guy on this team that fits Carbo's system...

man, is he good. clearly he likes to play with the newbies. even last night, but still put in a strong performance especially along the boards. this guy's been a wonder since he got here.

hmm... maybe because he had a sub par game last night, was -2 and suddenly he's gone from being our best D-men (according to many) to being a waste of money for the Habs? ;) mind you, he'll revert to being our most solid D-man next game if Markov and/or Komisarek commit a couple of booboos .... I tell ya, we're a bunch of emotional ones :lol:

Guest habs_fan1160

I think Hammer was a great addition for the team. Not only is he a lot cheaper than Souray, he allowed us to keep Markov. He's got tons of expierence and great leadership. Ask Phanuff who helped him get to where he is today and he'll tell you Hamrlik.

He had a -2 rating because his d-partner played less than par last night.

Guest habs_fan1160

Hammer is also leading the team with a +8. So regardless of him having a -2 game, a +8 on this Habs team is pretty damn good. He's doing his job out there.

Guest 1970 Habs
his rating has alot to do with his partners less than stellar game to say the least.

He had a -2 rating because his d-partner played less than par last night.

Well according to jennifer_rocket (who attended the game) the first goal was not the fault of his defensive partner.

Well on the first goal he definitely wasn't the one who got beat, Hamrlik was. There were a few times when he made desperation style plays, but he came through with them, without taking a penalty. He was also good at laying the body in the first period. His playing time seemed t diminish as the game went on. He looked strong! He's young, but he definitely played a solid game.

this contract wont look good in 2 years i tell ya

i disagree, only because i don't think you can look at his contract like that. we paid what we had to in order to get a more solid dman to replace souray in an inflated market and i'm fine with that. maybe he'll slow down with age maybe he won't but i'm glad he's on our team this year and i'll worry about next year when it happens. he's been a solid contributing factor and i think that was the point. we're lucky to have him.

i disagree, only because i don't think you can look at his contract like that. we paid what we had to in order to get a more solid dman to replace souray in an inflated market and i'm fine with that. maybe he'll slow down with age maybe he won't but i'm glad he's on our team this year and i'll worry about next year when it happens. he's been a solid contributing factor and i think that was the point. we're lucky to have him.

Ditto

There's enough to worry about with this team as of now without thin thinkng too far ahead, that's Bob's job anyway ;) Meanwhile, lets apprciate and enjoy what the Hammer is doing for us, and for young OB now as well :)

Ditto

There's enough to worry about with this team as of now without thin thinkng too far ahead, that's Bob's job anyway ;) Meanwhile, lets apprciate and enjoy what the Hammer is doing for us, and for young OB now as well :)

You're preaching to the choir with me. I went to the game on Tuesday and he is truly amazing. He anticipates so well and puts himself in exactly the right place practically every time. I understand now why he draws so little attention - he doesn't break up the opponent's scoring chances so much as he prevents them from ever developing. Chances just melt away when he's on the ice. Great acquisition and a huge improvement over the last guy to wear 44.

Guest halifax_habs
maybe he'll slow down with age maybe he won't but i'm glad he's on our team this year and i'll worry about next year when it happens. he's been a solid contributing factor and i think that was the point. we're lucky to have him.

I'm not sure Hamrlik's value is going to drop a lot as he ages. His biggest assets seem to be his hockey smarts and his ability to stay calm and make simple plays and crisp passes. I don't see that changing a lot as he gets older.

Archived