The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#44 Roman Hamrlik 2007-08

jl-1

I'm not sure Hamrlik's value is going to drop a lot as he ages. His biggest assets seem to be his hockey smarts and his ability to stay calm and make simple plays and crisp passes. I don't see that changing a lot as he gets older.

Agreed, and I hope he can pass on those hockey smarts to guys like O'Byrne and Gorges before it's all done.

I'm not sure Hamrlik's value is going to drop a lot as he ages. His biggest assets seem to be his hockey smarts and his ability to stay calm and make simple plays and crisp passes. I don't see that changing a lot as he gets older.

Good point. He's not a particularly fast skater so it's not like he relies on speed which might fail as he gets older. I completely agree that his best asset is what's between his ears. Very smart, patient, calm player.

I remember Hamrlik from his time with Tampa Bay and his limited time with the Isles however When he moved to the west it became a bit harder to follow him.

I always rememberd him as being a solid player with an offensive upside but what surprises me the most about seeing him now is just how physical this guy is and he seems to have a bit of a mean streak as well. His hits may not be the hardest but they always look like they hurt.

Guest Banishing Blade

Terrible night for Hamrlik. I hope he picks up his game after the break, 'cause we've got another three games in four nights and we can't afford gaffes like those from one of our most reliable d-men.

Guest RussianRifle: AK-27

I find that Hamrlik is playing with a little bit of nastiness lately. The hits he does dish out seem to be harder and rougher. I like seeing that from him.

It's not helping Hamrlik to have O'Byrne on the second pairing. O'Byrne is not Phaneuf and isn't going to be able to make the jump to the NHL seamlessly within a season.

Agreed. I'd like to see Gorges with Hamrlik.

Guest habs_fan1160
Terrible night for Hamrlik. I hope he picks up his game after the break, 'cause we've got another three games in four nights and we can't afford gaffes like those from one of our most reliable d-men.

The whole team looked pretty horrible last night, however, I'm sure getting wacked in the face didn't help the situation too much either...

Guest stevesaku

had a great game it was a joy to watch him. too bad he took a risk by moving up the ice and he got caught, i dont want to make this a huet thing, but i dont remember the last time he bailed out a team mate, and tonight would of been a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HabsFanStuckInToronto!

Praise for Hamrlik tonight in OT. Cleared that puck behind Huet in the blue with great calmness and poise. Also a force tonight offensively, like to see him shoot a bit more instead of dishing the puck to Brisebois.

Archived