The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens
Canadiens de Montreal

#44 Roman Hamrlik 2007-08

jl-1

Guest Oatmeal777

If no one else noticed, his absence directly resulted in two Toronto goals. The first one Streit turned it over, and the second one either Gorges or Briesbois or both were not covering the slot. They aren't as good as he is.

If no one else noticed, his absence directly resulted in two Toronto goals. The first one Streit turned it over, and the second one either Gorges or Briesbois or both were not covering the slot. They aren't as good as he is.

Brisebois didn't cover the Tucke ron the 2nd goal, it's not even so much the coverage that bothered me it was the fact that our defenceman (Streit, Boulion , Brisebois & Goges to a lesser extent) looked nervous at times. Hamrlik is so calm it carrys over to his teammates and he doesn't panic when the other team is coming at him.

Hopefully he is ready for Saturday.

Guest FlHabsFan
Brisebois didn't cover the Tucke ron the 2nd goal, it's not even so much the coverage that bothered me it was the fact that our defenceman (Streit, Boulion , Brisebois & Goges to a lesser extent) looked nervous at times. Hamrlik is so calm it carrys over to his teammates and he doesn't panic when the other team is coming at him.

Hopefully he is ready for Saturday.

Yeah. Were going to need him against a full strength Ottawa team. Think theyll have all their top guns back in the lineup saturday.

Yeah. Were going to need him against a full strength Ottawa team. Think theyll have all their top guns back in the lineup saturday.

And it's public knowledge where the top guns vulnerable spots will be , so yeah, get well soon Roman and hit them where it hurts .... not to injure, but to slow them down :)

Team 990 said premature word is Hamrlik will not be ready in time for Ottawa's game, but state there is still a chance he may be able to suit up but not at 100%.

Not good news, even if it is only premature, it sounds like whether or not he plays, he won't be 100% regardless.

Guest Anetéchrist

I hope it really is just a medical condition that befell on Hamrlik.

But I have a bad feeling about it. Hammer didn't look that very happy in the last few weeks before going down to his allergic reaction.

I hope I'm just having paranoia symptoms because Hammer is a huge nail in our defense. When he isn't there, it's like our coffin is wide open for us to jump in...

I hope it really is just a medical condition that befell on Hamrlik.

But I have a bad feeling about it. Hammer didn't look that very happy in the last few weeks before going down to his allergic reaction.

I hope I'm just having paranoia symptoms because Hammer is a huge nail in our defense. When he isn't there, it's like our coffin is wide open for us to jump in...

He was probably eaten up by that virus that made him take the med that in turn provoked the allergic reaction. He'll be fine :) Bad news that he's not playing tomorrow though

Hopefully, Komisarek will jump back from whatever was bothering him last night against the Leafs and chip in for 22-25 solid minutes and Markov will give us another 26-28 stellar minutes. I mean, the Ottawa big guns will play but they're not on ice for the whole game are they?

Is he coming back already? This team is really weak whitout him!

If this team is weak without the Hammer, what is it goig to be if Kovalev goes down. I hate to even think about it.

Guest Oatmeal777
If this team is weak without the Hammer, what is it goig to be if Kovalev goes down. I hate to even think about it.

The difference is we don't go down 6-1 if Kovalev fails to do his job ;).

Guest habs fan #1
The difference is we don't go down 6-1 if Kovalev fails to do his job ;).

Thats Right

Fans fail to Realize when hammer is there his prescence is not just known while he is on the Ice

He is a Veteran player who gives us to solid Lines of Defence when he plays and veteran advice to the other Dmen when on the bench

Komi And Marki can play together and he can play with anyone as he has the ability in positioning the other defender.

If we shut down the other teams offense then we have a better chance of winning as we need less goals

Any player can score a goal as we have at one time or another had all lines contrbute

If Kovalev were to go out I'm sure SK could maybe step in on that line and contribute

I'm not sayin we would do as well without Kovy because he is amazing

But we could make it work

Just my opinion

Roman Hamrlik ne s'est pas entraîné avec ses coéquipiers. Le vétéran défenseur est toujours ennuyé par des démangeaisons provoquées, semble-t-il, par un virus. Sa présence contre Tampa est incertaine.

«Il va mieux sauf qu'il ne peut enfiler son uniforme, a expliqué Guy Carbonneau. Il y a deux jours, on lui a suggéré de prendre des bains de sel. Il faut maintenant lui trouver des sous-vêtements qui vont le protéger de son équipement.»

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20080211...5128/CPSPORTS01

This basically means that Hammer may not play tomorrow (he didn't train with the team today). He has a rash apparently caused by a virus. Carbo says he feels better but cant put on his equipement. They suggested salt baths and now they're looking for underware that would protect his skin.

:(

Archived