The Official Site of the Montréal Canadiens

#44 Roman Hamrlik 2007-08

jl-1

Guest jennifer_rocket
didnt like how he didnt mix it up in the scrums, just put his head down and skated away

In reference to last night's game, with 2 minutes to go?

Ah, no big deal. ;)

He was smart enough to step aside since the game was over. There's no point in risking injury, or causing a fuss with a victory and 2 minutes to go in a game.

Guest Onzeee
In reference to last night's game, with 2 minutes to go?

Ah, no big deal. ;)

He was smart enough to step aside since the game was over. There's no point in risking injury, or causing a fuss with a victory and 2 minutes to go in a game.

ya but still, idiots like doan shouldnt be running wild on our guys late in games and not paying some price

Guest overlords
didnt like how he didnt mix it up in the scrums, just put his head down and skated away

He did skate towards one of their guys earlier on in the game when the tensions were higher but the refs broke it up right away (it might have been doan). With 2 minutes left, as someone has already stated, why give them the satisfaction? Why give the goons a chance to earn their paycheque?

Guest Onzeee
He did skate towards one of their guys earlier on in the game when the tensions were higher but the refs broke it up right away (it might have been doan). With 2 minutes left, as someone has already stated, why give them the satisfaction? Why give the goons a chance to earn their paycheque?

that idiot doan was pissing me off thats all, Roman could have put him in his place

Guest overlords
that idiot doan was pissing me off thats all, Roman could have put him in his place

i was always under the impression that doan was a classy guy, despite that whole quebecois insult thing ( which i didn't believe). seeing how he was trying to throw cheapshots, i can't say i was really impressed either...

Guest bcdog4
i was always under the impression that doan was a classy guy, despite that whole quebecois insult thing ( which i didn't believe). seeing how he was trying to throw cheapshots, i can't say i was really impressed either...

I am a big fan of Doan's, however, I did not like the way he was playing last night...he wasn't the only Phoenix player doing that tho. Good show of control by Hammer to not let Doan draw a penalty. Not that its relevant to the discussion, but apparently Doan and Price are cousins.

Guest bigsby

talk about cheapshots?! what was r. neidermayer thinking?!...nice game by hammer. even if he tried to settled things down it looked to me like he got pretty fired up. i'm thankful he came out of that game unhurt...and the habs have come back to the east - away from those goons in the west. lol.

Guest bigsby

where's the love for hammer?! great game. his work along the boards was phenomenal.

a smart, physical performance and a well-deserved third star.

(i think those lame ducks lit a fire under him)

props!

Guest Onzeee

He is a horse has been all year, what an absolute fabulous job by Bob to sign this guy last summer..... a big experienced DMAN from the western conference

Guest Waiting for Cup 25
Why are we still comparing him to sourray, Heck i think hammer actually has more points then sourray this year.

Let me look this one up

Hammer has 4 goals 16 assists for 20 points +3

Sourray has 3 goals 7 assists for 10 points and -7.

Hammer has been soooooooooooooooooooooo much better then sourray this year, Hands down, Hes the man

To be fair though, Shelly's only played 26 games as an Oiler to Hammer's 66. Still, I'd rather have a "+" D-Man over a 26-goal scoring -28 "D-Man"

Guest bigsby

took a few cheap shots and still kept the game manageable. aside from not flooring spezza in the crease was doing everything he could to play effective defensively and get the offense going.

took a few cheap shots and still kept the game manageable. aside from not flooring spezza in the crease was doing everything he could to play effective defensively and get the offense going.

tell me about it! mouth full of blood when trying to argue is point with the ref .... what more do those bozos need?

By the way, Hammer is the main feature in this month's Habs magazine. AMAZING cover pic, they're going with the Roman Empire theme. :)

Forget the goal, which of course was nice, Hammer had a very solid overall performance. Some would add "as usual" and I'm part of the group but.... he didn't have it easy last night considering he had to patch up Brisebois' mistakes all game long. Well deserved third star :)

Guest bigsby
Forget the goal, which of course was nice, Hammer had a very solid overall performance. Some would add "as usual" and I'm part of the group but.... he didn't have it easy last night considering he had to patch up Brisebois' mistakes all game long. Well deserved third star :)

he was a wall out there. nothing was getting by him. definitely well deserved. he's a great defensive partner too. he's made o'byrne better and let breezer play a more open, if dangerous, game.

Agreed, and I'm a Brisebois supporter. Hamrlik had to bail him out on a number of occasions last night, but still played a solid defensive game and scored what turned out to be the game-winner.

Guest AlexK

Another great thing about Hammer. Even though he isn't as offensive as he used to be he can still contribute because when he was younger he was primarily an offensive defenseman.

Guest Me_Habs_Fan

(R. H. ) He was good all night and getting the big goal was a plus. Having to make up for others mistakes, just adds to his workload. Got to give NYI credit, they did a good job trapping the Habs in their own end and keeping them there. Had they not been able to do that, the score would been much higher. You could see the Islanders had tired some in the third period, but was still able to play the dump in and forecheck game. Roman did a great job keeping them to the outside, as did some of the other players. No wonder Roman was selected as one of the stars of the game. It was a well deserved star / selection and like I said above, Roman was good all night. Oh and if this was one of Hamrlik's best games, it had to one of Brisebois's worst.

Guest Habs_Mania

This guy is just a lil too under-rated and too under-mentioned for my liking. He has definetly been argueably our best defensive dman this season. He is very quiet in his ways which makes him go unnoticed. Definetly an unsung hero for us this season. He made some terrific plays against Boston the other night. His importance to this team was made obvious for that week he was out with the flu a month ago when we couldn't seem to win without him. A great acquisition by Mr. Gainey.

Archived